Random Blabber

Cory Wolfe

Thanksgiving has now passed, but not without some pain. Well, here's what has all happened... First off, it started out bad. My house only has one bathroom and that's for four people. My mom, just like any other women, takes FOREVER. I hade to wait until the very last moment to take a shower, get ready, and all that crap. So I'm being yelled at for it, yet I couldn't get in the bathroom. Okay... I couldn't even shave as I planned to (I let my facial hair grow... shave it every week or so). That and I have to wear what my mom wants me to. In this case, a striped long sleeved button down shirt. Not that there's anything wrong with it but I just don't wear those. Mainly the stripes bothered me as I hate stripes. Otherwise, the shirt itself wasn't bad. I did get compliments all day, though, so I did like that. Second, we have snow. Lots and lots and lots of glorious white snow. Woo... I'm so excited. :mellow: That, itself, has caused problems. First place we went to was my Grandparents and family on my dad's side. 9 cars. One tiny driveway designed for 3 at most that lies on a hill. Now with fluffy white stuff. Not only was packed full, but it was slippery. We had to park down the road at the post office. Isn't that great, huh? So we had to walk along the slushy road for a few hundred yards. Here comes a car, goody. Now we're wet. How nice, huh? Third, I hurt my knee there. Don't know how I did it, but I did. I sat on a chair in a half-indian style way with my left leg crossed on the chair and my right leg over it hanging off the chair. I go to get up... Merciless pain! It popped out of place (not the first time; I must have problems). I quickly sat down and popped back it into place. Now it hurts. I have a faint limp while walking. I can barely go up stairs. I have to hop down stairs as it really hurts. Today, it is feeling better but it's still sore. Fouth, the food. I'm not big on turkey or much of anything else usually served during thanksgiving. I'll eat rolls, develled (sp?) eggs, stuffing, mashed potatoes, and that's just about it. So when any of those things aren't good... I'm f**ked for food. In this case both the stuffing and mashed potatoes sucked. The stuffing was creamy and moist with an overabundance of onions. That may sound good to some of you as it did with some of my family, but I prefer stuffing to be done a much different way. Ugh. The mashed potatoes were not only cold, but lumpy. I hate cold and lumpy. I just about threw up. Yes, I'm too picky. Fifth, money. Now we're at my Grandparents on my mom's side. After it took FOREVER for everyone to get there, we played cad. It's been a while since I've played. Mainly since my parent's have been obsessed with my aunt and uncle. They are f**ked up, needless to say. They are in the middle of splitting up, but are trying to work things out. He bought her a double wide trailer to live in where their camp used to be. It's mud hole there now. She's paying him rent to live in it using the money she gets from him for the divorce. That and she's an alcoholic. She has a job, but she has to have a seperate job on the weekends to pay for alcohol and ciggarettes. He comes home on the weekend while he lives in Johnstown in this big old house. She's away from her family yet close to his. He's away from his family yet close to hers. Wierd. Anyways, my parents usually went to my those grandparents before all this crap happened. Well, I lost $10 playing cad. I have no luck what so ever. Sixth, my damn car. It's a hot topic of discussion between my family. It was talked about all day. It didn't really start to bother me until those grandparents had to chime in. Here's the deal... they were offering me a 91 Chevy Lumina for free. They weren't going to give it to me until she got a new car. A Cobalt... that was a few months ago after I already had my license. That and the car was about everything I NEVER wanted. It was a slow and soft sedan with bench seats, column shifter, hubcaps, and a red interior. Ugh. That and it was in terrible condition compared to my GA... except that it only had 35000 miles. Yet my grandma had endless problems with it. Anyways, they kept saying how I should have taken it instead of my GA and yadda yadda yadda blah blah. FYI (their, not your) i would have taken the GA over that POS Lumina even if it didn't have an engine or was horribly overpriced. But it did and it wasn't. Other than the ticking which neither hurts nor helps the engine, it ran PERFECTLY unlike that Lumina. Since my dad hated the ticking he always made such a big deal to fix it. Because of that they always assumed it ran like crap. Guess what. It didn't. So annoying... I tell ya... Seventh, our POS Blazer. It was also a hot topic of discussion. My dad just loved to bring it up and complain about it. He likes to say it may be the final straw for Chevy and how he's never going to buy another ever again. Not that I don't see his point, but... you can't make statements like that. Especially when they are based on a few factors. 1) It was bought used. You never know about used vehicles and you can't expect much out of them when they aren't certified. 2) It was bought from a dealer known for screwing customers. How they are still in business is beyong me. That dealer and reliable used vehicles is an oxymoron. 3) Blazers aren't exactly the gems of Chevy. They are horribly outdated being that they were designed and developed how many years ago? Yeah.. many. 4) My mom is the primary driver. Last time I checked, she still beats the hell out of any vehicle. I doubt even the most reliable cars could hold up to her abuse. So... Dad... Buy a newly designed and developed 2006 Chevy from a good dealer and teach mom how to drive safely... THEN get back to me and see what you say. Mmmkay? Finally, more about snow. Well, the 4x4 system doesn't work in the Blazer anymore... AGAIN. ABS doesn't work either I might add. Add that with slick roads and you have trouble. Add that at night time and you have a suicide ride. So... what happens when a huge buck runs out in front of you? Well, you hit the damn thing because you can't really do anything not to. So... How was YOUR thanksgiving?

Mine was great, thanks for asking! I was in the kitchen all day with the Turkey, stuffing, potatoes, apple pie and collard greens. Mi madre made a salad that had some citrus in it. The aunt made a cream cheese pumpkin pie, and the cousin brought some green beans with this spicy island-type sauce that was so good. I wanted to eat so much, but that ephedra stuff made me stuffed before i could finish my first plate...Oh, and I had another large glass of Woop Woop. Overall a great dinner. Then I went to the Pacer game with the parentals and my little second cousin Korey (he's 7) and had a lot of fun watching the Pacers kick some ass. OK...who else?

I have to work today, and when I'm done, I get to drive through an hour of tri-state traffic (if I'm lucky) and then for an additional 5 hours through that glorious NY/PA snow in the dark to visit the in-laws. So quit your bitchin'! :P Thanksgiving was fun, though. Edited by aaaantoine

I go to dad's every year. This was the first year for their new kitchen. My grandfather looked great. He'll be 89 years old at the end of this month.

We had:
turkey (!)
stuffing
gravy
mashed taters
peas
broccoli
corn pudding
creamed corn
cranberry sauce
sweet taters
rolls

I had a glass of skim milk and 3 glasses of Yellowtail Merlot.

Then we had pumpkin pie and orange cremesicle cake for dessert.

Then we watched "O Brother Where Art Thou". It was a nice day. I went over to my dad's in my nice reliable Chevy truck.
:AH-HA_wink:

Sorry to hear that BV. :( Dude, I know to a Pontiac/Sports car fan like you a Lumina is unappealing but I think you're looking a gift horse in the mouth! Take the damn car,m it's a fine car for your first one (or second at this point) it's a V6 and has some balls... look at the bright side, the glass is not always half empty dude, a bench seat in H.S. is a good thing... all that easier to slip your hand up that lucky girls skirt or whatever. (read between the lines) :AH-HA_wink: Anyway it would allow you to save money and accomplish your eventual goal of owning a Fiero THAT much quicker. My Thanksgiving went well. We (me, Marica & little Sofia) hosted it at our house again. We made the stuffing, mashed potatoes and Bisquits while the inlaws made the turkey, corn dish, squash & deserts... (Mother in Law's Pecan Pie is soooo good) We got our first Snow of the year between like 2am and 7am... about 4 or 5" so that made the day a little interesting. I got to drive the Datsun in snow for the first time. Drove out to the Boston University Continuing Education Center parking lot and practiced Drifting around the light poles. Nothing like a RWD, manula trans car, empty parking lot and a half a foot of snow. :metal: Should have brought a friend wiht a camcorder. Hope everyone elses Thanksgiving was fun, filled with good people & delicious food. Edited by Sixty8panther

Viper, Sixty8 is right you know. Take the Lumina. Your driving life is just beginning. This Lumina is a blessing staring you in the face. It's your freedom. Take it. Take good care of it until you can dump it on something that you really want, but don't miss this opportunity. Seriously.

Plus with all my bitching about my preferance of manual trans. RWD and V8s... in the end my first car served me very well. 2.0 liter Sunbird 2dr with an AUTOMATIC trans. When I was 17 and flying down the highway at 790mph that was 7th heaven. And having that as my first car made me appreciate my 377 horse '68 Camaro THAT much more six years later.

For real. Who cares about what you like/want/desire...FREE CAR!!!

If someone offered me a FREE beat-ass-up Dodge Mirada or something like that, I certainly would've taken it. It would've probably made it to the store and back about three times, but take it I would.

Then we watched "O Brother Where Art Thou".

*grins*

Now _that_ is a good movie, imho.

I saw it in the movie theatre the year it debuted. After spending the day in Nashville TN, I went to Jackson TN to spend the evening with a college buddy of mine. His wife and children were visiting her parents in Indiana, so he suggested we go see a movie ... and we decided on "O Brother Where Art Tho" ... and were NOT disappointed!

As for my Thanksgiving ... well, just isn't the same anymore. But, things change. And, it was a good day ... slept in, then went to visit Gramps and took dinner to him ... turkey, cranberry sauce (my fav), sweet potatoes, mashed potatoes/gravy, green bean cassarole, stuffing, spiced apples, and, of course, pumpkin pie. Was there for nearly 5 hours...then came home to relax.....

Unfortunately, had to work today. I really need to find a new job....among other things....

Cort, "Mr MC" / "Mr Road Trip", 32swm/pig valve/pacemaker
MC:family.IL.guide.future = http://www.chevyasylum.com/cort/
Models.HO = http://www.chevyasylum.com/cort/trainroom.html
"How much longer will they be around?" ... Don Williams ... 'Old Coyote Town'

Sorry, typo. I meant 79..... as in seventy-nine miles per hour. After all we all know that no 4-cylinder, 2litre FWD car has ever surpassed 779mph. :P

Sorry, I'n quite drunk, but the Lujmina is already gone. Thne chance I had to have was months ago. Before any problems with the GA came. It's gone. No chance of having it. I don't regret getting the GA. What can I say... its seved my well. . Yess, its had probelsm but damn, it ran grate and I love the dam thing. It stiull isn';t for sale. My dad is actually trying to fisx it. Sad since I;ve already removed my radio and hvave planne on selling it. An yways, my mom is annoyingh. im drunk and she capitalizes on it by trying t0o get,ansers out of me. She got some but but fudge it. . Too late now.

My Thanks Giving was awesome. And the other day to test the 572 in snow, Man if you like drifting buy it at the auction. Also I admit that for the third Time in my life I Stalled a Manual Car. *tear* *tear* It was so embarssing. But I can Say COLD AIR DOES BRING MORE POWER. And the Heater works well. But Traction not so good. The torque at idle wants to spin the tires. O and 68 Did you actuly spin the car and do a 900 in a parking lot missing a light pole because a idoit wrencher left a tool under the hood, and that particular tool stopped the throtle return to not return the throtle. (opps) I wish I had a Sunbird man I got a Metro stick. but it was fun in winter one leg sweating the other leg frozen. (the heater sucks) Also your freinds saying man lets go on a road trip. also think 84 Mph in a Metro redlined was the fastest ill ever go...... Edited by capriceman

Hey BV, if it makes you feel better, I spent the day before, the day of, and the day after Thanksgiving all alone with the flu. Not a person in sight. And I threw up the mashed potatoes I had made, not that I could taste them. Sorry you had a rough day - better luck next year!

...68 Did you actuly spin the car and do a 900 in a parking lot missing a light pole because a idoit wrencher left a tool under the hood, and that particular tool stopped the throtle return to not return the throtle. (opps)...

[post="48694"]<{POST_SNAPBACK}>[/post]

Jeeezus. Getting stuck in WOT is NOT fun.

Quick story: Cadillacs from the 1980s had a recall for their vaccum operated cruise control modules. Unbenounced to me my 1986 Fleetwood Brougham never had it done... one day I'm flying down the highway at like 75 mph in a 55. I come over a hill and traffic tensed up quite a bit... I applied the brakes and the pedal tightened up while the car started to accelerate. F$%king scary. By the time I slowed the car down and shut her off it was already dieseling.

You see when the throttle pin is in WOT on those cars the vaccum for the power brakes is not functioning. If you want WOT, the cars like 'screw braking'...

Needless to say I had quite the fright. Can you imagine how many people could have ended up dead... I probably would have been okay in my Brougham but the people in little Corollas and Sonatas would have not fared so well.

Needless to say when I sold the car this past October I made sure the new owner understod the box in the trunk wiht the old greasy C.C. unit was NOT to be reinstalled back on the car unless he wants to kill himself. I even cut the throttle pin for the cruise unit with bolt cutters as an extra precaution.

As far as messing around in the Datsun, I didn't have any close calls but there was only like 4 light poles in a huge parking lot, I kept my distance. I did swing around one in a 270* in true Rally Car fashion though.

I wish I had a Sunbird man I got a Metro stick. but it was fun in winter one leg sweating the other leg frozen. (the heater sucks) Also your freinds saying man lets go on a road trip. also think 84 Mph in a Metro redlined was the fastest ill ever go......

There you go. Your obsession with monster cubes can be traced all the way back your first car. Those Giant 61.5 cubic inch 3 cylinder monsters have bags of torque!!!

That's allright a 572 makes up for any amount of lame cars. :)

Hey BV... Ironically, this was on today's page:

http://money.cnn.com/2005/11/04/news/newsm.../deer/index.htm

It's essentially saying the state with the highest auto-deer collisions is PA!

There you go. Your obsession with monster cubes can be traced all the way back your first car. Those Giant 61.5 cubic inch 3 cylinder monsters have bags of torque!!!

That's allright a 572 makes up for any amount of lame cars. :)

[post="48761"]<{POST_SNAPBACK}>[/post]

LMAO About that beastly 3 cylinder. Too bad I wont keep the 572 project for long.

I had problems with my CC in my Caprice It doesnt work now but, it locked every thing up. had no vaccum. There was a rip in the Diaphram. causeing everything to not fuction corectly (Brakes, steering) rest are non essintials but, no one was around me.

Yeah, your Brougham would be alright but the other cars pancaked.

Guest YellowJacket894

Sorry, I'n quite drunk, but the Lujmina is already gone. Thne chance I had to have was months ago. Before any problems with the GA came. It's gone. No chance of having it. I don't regret getting the GA. What can I say... its seved my well. . Yess, its had probelsm but damn, it ran grate and I love the dam thing. It stiull isn';t for sale. My dad is actually  trying to fisx it. Sad since I;ve already removed my radio and hvave planne on selling it.

An yways, my mom is annoyingh. im drunk and she capitalizes on it by trying t0o get,ansers out of me. She got some but but fudge it. . Too late now.

[post="48667"]<{POST_SNAPBACK}>[/post]

Damn. You were drunk.

Sing with me! "How deep is the ocean... ?"

:D

But, seriously. Don't post unless you're sober, man. I know. Edited by anorexorcist

My thanksgiving? It was alright. We headed up to my uncle's house. He lives in Morro Bay up in/by San Luis Obisbo. He lives on a cattle ranch, a little more than 1100 acres. There is a guest house there with this 3 car garage converted into an awesome game room and he's got some quad runners and dirt bikes and stuff. We had to rent an expedition (all we could find at the time) because after getting rid of our suburban to get the X5, well, the X5 doesn't quite have the space for my family, my dog, my grandma, and all our crap. I had to drive the expedition all the way up so I figure I'd give a bit of a review...I'm sure it was a base model, no frills, cloth seats, cd player, it had fold flat 3rd row seats which were neat and the 2nd row partially reclined. It was decent I guess...We'e rented one before but this time I took closer inspection to the materials. Ford interiors are deffinitely clean looking, some look pretty good and this one looked decent...nothing extravagat. But man was it cheap. The plastics were very cheap and the "burshed-aluminum look" gauge rings looked very cheap and tacky...Oh, the seats were very uncomfortable as well and the vehicle just doesn't have the torque there. Doesn't even compare to how our suburban felt. Anyways, back to thanksgiving...My parents brought up a beautiful prime rib they got from cosco...the thing was huge...my grandma made crannberries and my mom made candied yams or sweet potatoes or whatever...Then there was the 30lb turkey which came good. There were 2 different stuffings, mashed potatoes and these other potatoes my aunt makes, the biscuits, croissants, I'm drawing a blank on what was there, but there was a lot and it was all good. There were like 7 pies, a couple pumpkin, a cherry, an apple, a lemon meringue, an olallieberry, some others, a cheesecake, a whole lotta food. The alcohol and drinks were puring everywhere, my mom made some cosmos and margaritas and there was all the beer and other liquors/alcohol you could drink. Dinner turned out pretty good. Unfortunately it got overcast...the weather turned all crappy and it started to rain a little bit. My uncle has an old jeepster commando which had a busted engine mount, so we replaced that. I went out with my cousin and uncle on the dirt bikes and quads and we did some mud rompin'. All the girls went out into town or whatever and did some shopping. The day was kind of a wash though...the weather kinda made things suck... So yea, other than that we were just hangin out in the gameroom, blastin some music (for the most part, santana and pink floyd)...just kcikin back, scoolin my family at pool, havign my dad school me at darts, playin soem ping pong, just hangin out...I love goin up to my uncle's...I'll probably head up there again in a couple weeks or so...

" If I were a Duckie and the Ocean was made of Whiskey i'd Swim to the bottom and never come up........" A real song. So BV dont imatate the "duckie". We all have drunken posts but if you dont know what your typing dont type at all.

We were stuck with shrimp for Thanksgiving dinner.

[post="48361"]<{POST_SNAPBACK}>[/post]

You were stuck with shrimp?

I'd be happy to take your place. I've never been that big on turkey. A big pile of fettucine con quattro fromaggi with a big pile of grilled shrimp would make me truly thankful...

Aww... Don't you guys like when I post drunk? :lol:

Damn, though, I typed horribly. Eligibly, but horribly. I did know what I was typing, too. I was just not thinking clearly enough to realize how many mistakes I made. Oh well... It was fun and I had no hangover. Amazing. :D

Hey BV... Ironically, this was on today's page:

http://money.cnn.com/2005/11/04/news/newsm.../deer/index.htm

It's essentially saying the state with the highest auto-deer collisions is PA!

Makes sense... Damn deer.... :P