Sign in to follow this  
Followers 0
NewsFeeder

Jalopnik: 2010 Mustang Gets Some Serious Wheel Weights, Too [2010 Mustang]

5 posts in this topic

2010_Ford_Mustang_Wheel_Weights.jpgWe're familiar with the Camaro brake weights issue, so when we saw tons of wheel-balancing weights on the Camaro Indy pace car, we thought it strange. Turns out the 2010 Mustang is just as bad.

Seems we stirred up the pot with our little observation and the guys over at Super Chevy got curious about the competition's car, so they went poking around some 2010 Mustangs and found an almost identical length of balancing weights. The conventional wisdom says if this much weight was needed, either someone doesn't know what they're doing or there's something wrong with the wheel or tire. We're starting to think these kinds of long strips will be getting more common as large wheels remain popular and lead wheel weights get phased out of usage after the California ban. (Hat Tip to Pres) [Super Chevy]

di
di

full?d=H0mrP-F8Qgo full?d=yIl2AUoC8zA full?i=NoHZkaDgUjw:aaIyk9BVghg:D7DqB2pKE full?i=NoHZkaDgUjw:aaIyk9BVghg:V_sGLiPBp
NoHZkaDgUjw

View the full article

I just don't see what the big deal is. Most of the time your not gonna notice the damn wheel weights anyway.

I just don't see what the big deal is. Most of the time your not gonna notice the damn wheel weights anyway.

I'm less concerned about appearance on this one and more concerned about the fact that the alloy-wheel weights never stand an excellent chance at staying on my wheels for a full summer of driving.

I'm just curious at what makes the imbalance that bad?

I'm less concerned about appearance on this one and more concerned about the fact that the alloy-wheel weights never stand an excellent chance at staying on my wheels for a full summer of driving.

I'm just curious at what makes the imbalance that bad?

Larger wheel = harder to balance?

Your content will need to be approved by a moderator

You are commenting as a guest. If you have an account, please sign in.
Reply to this topic...

×   You have pasted content with formatting.   Remove formatting

×   Your link has been automatically embedded.   Display as a link instead

Sign in to follow this  
Followers 0