Sign in to follow this  
Followers 0
NewsFeeder

AutoBlog: Citroen DS Inside insides revealed

13 posts in this topic

Filed under: Concept Cars, Euro, Hatchbacks, Citroen

citroen_dsinside_interior_lead.jpg
Citroen DS Inside interior - Click above for a high-res image gallery

At the Geneva Motor Show in March, Citroen pushed its DS3 concept into a darkened corner with horrible lighting, making the actual vehicle extremely difficult to see and photograph. Apparently, the quirky French automaker wasn't quite ready to have the motoring public take a good look at its DS revival. That changes today as Citroen has released a bevy of images along with a video of its latest DS Inside concept vehicle, which is likely a thinly veiled demonstration of what's in store for the upcoming DS3 production model.

We can clearly see that Citroen is planning to make the DS3 a premium small car. Leather surfaces with unique textures and graining are the theme inside, and we think it's all highly purposeful and attractive. Unlike recent modern takes on classic vintage designs from Volkswagen, Mini and Fiat, the revived DS shares absolutely nothing in common with its forebear and namesake. Couldn't we at least get a cool single-spoke steering wheel to gaze at? See for yourself in our gallery below and in the video posted after the break.

Continue reading Citroen DS Inside insides revealed

Citroen DS Inside insides revealed originally appeared on Autoblog on Fri, 29 May 2009 16:58:00 EST. Please see our terms for use of feeds.

Permalink | Email this | Comments

di
di

autoblog?i=R0QplHGyLYM:Ff087mz1-58:wF9xT autoblog?i=R0QplHGyLYM:Ff087mz1-58:V_sGL
R0QplHGyLYM

View the full article

What a gorgeous interior to compliment the very cool exterior. I love this thing.

I think that is the nicest interior I've seen from Citroën. I'm still not a big fan of the exterior, but maybe it will grow on me.

Another Mini competitor. I like the exterior but the interior looks cheap, like all French cars.

I disagree. Apparently this will have richer materials than the MINI. I am very impressed!

I've always liked Citroens for their authenticity... they remain true to themselves. I admire that in any car maker. This DS is a car I'd love to own simply for its exquisite design, inside and out.

VERY COOL little car. I don't understand the thought behind the grey and pink color combo, or why the B pillar doesn't connect to the roof panel, but it gives it that quirky character. If they sold this here, I would definitely consider one to compliment my Jeep in the driveway. Interior looks way better than any MINI I've ever been in as well.

What a gorgeous interior to compliment the very cool exterior. I love this thing.

we can agree on this as well.

Think there are people on French website bitching about how they're using the DS name one something that doesn't resemble the original like people on, oh lets say GM boards do?

This thing needs to come to the U.S. along with the Fiat 500.

We'll I find the outside of the car as ugly and weird looking as I do the inside. I for one do not like it at all, just blah weird.

Think there are people on French website bitching about how they're using the DS name one something that doesn't resemble the original like people on, oh lets say GM boards do?

This thing needs to come to the U.S. along with the Fiat 500.

If I were French, I would...

That being said, it is a nice, distinctive, practical hatchback. One parked next to the original would make a lovely two car garage - the new one for daily use, the classic for special occasions.

Citroen_DS.jpg

Oui! :P

Your content will need to be approved by a moderator

You are commenting as a guest. If you have an account, please sign in.
Reply to this topic...

×   You have pasted content with formatting.   Remove formatting

×   Your link has been automatically embedded.   Display as a link instead

Sign in to follow this  
Followers 0

• Who's Online (See full list)

There are no registered users currently online

• Who's Chatting

There are no users currently in the chat room