CC for DF

VW builds some nics cars. Too bad the dealer network sucks so badly, esp. in regards to service.

That being said...all I can say is Wow!

But I like the GTI even better myself.

It has four doors.

Well that's true, but what doesn't these days?

I do find the G8, Lincoln LS, Benz CLS, and other 4-doors attractive though - at least to a point

I'm trying to see what DF sees in this car, but I just can't figure it out.

Edited by Camino LS6

Well for one, I don't really like the CLS. It may be RWD and all that happy crap, but I find the lines of the CC to be much more harmonic and better thought out, especially up front.

Also, I've never heard you say much positive about VW's designs that I can recall.

It's a car that looks outstanding in the right color. I saw a black one w/ blacked out windows a couple months ago up close, and it's sharp. Speaking of sleek 4drs, I kind of wish Chrysler had some updated 3rd gen LHes these days..those cars can still look great, 10 years on, IMHO.

Well for one, I don't really like the CLS. It may be RWD and all that happy crap, but I find the lines of the CC to be much more harmonic and better thought out, especially up front.

Also, I've never heard you say much positive about VW's designs that I can recall.

Interesting.

My impression vs, the CLS is the exact opposite.

As for VW design, I don't remember commenting one way or another actually.

It's a car that looks outstanding in the right color. I saw a black one w/ blacked out windows a couple months ago up close, and it's sharp. Speaking of sleek 4drs, I kind of wish Chrysler had some updated 3rd gen LHes these days..those cars can still look great, 10 years on, IMHO.

That's part of the reason why I like the CC so much. From the side it has a very LH vibe going on. And yes, well kept LH cars still look good today. :yes:

That's part of the reason why I like the CC so much. From the side it has a very LH vibe going on. And yes, well kept LH cars still look good today. :yes:

Yeah, another car I like a lot that has a similar vibe to the greenhouse is the Peugeot 607..I've seen a couple in Europe, they are pretty sleek.

The car with this color looks like a blue whale, with those creases in the fenders giving it a bloated look. I fail to see LH design too other than a swooping hoodline with no straight creases whatsoever. I think in lighter colors the creases really look ugly.

Other than the GTI, VW fails to impress me. Interiors are simple and that is the most satisfying part.

I do not see it DF - other than the sweeping curves. LH has variable A and C pillar geometry which makes gradual transition. CC's C pillar looks bloated and the transition to the trunk is not discontinuous like the LH - more like a bulge shape.

Were you surprised that I liked your Audi?

Somewhat.

You just seem to be repeating the "Not my cup of tea" thing a lot lately. Certainly a lot on anything modern.

Pity about the color on this particular CC. Possibly the worst color in the lineup.

I actually really like the look of this car... I played around with one in the showroom while I was having my car serviced a few months ago. And great photos as always, Chris.

Thank ya.

I haven't been on in a few days. Is that your car, CD?

Just for the week. It's a press car.

I was beside a black one in traffic the other day, it certainly is a looker, and has presence. I too wish VWOA would get their dealership service departments to treat customers better, I guarantee it would make such a positive difference for them.

Hmph...we don't really have an settings like this in Metro Detroit to shoot a car in. :P

They are pretty backgrounds..I thin the larger wheels do a lot for the car itself. Makes me almost want to got o the mountains Tuesday instead of the Museum, but I have no car to take a photo of...I think the Prizm would look out of place. :P

I can't deny that.

I think most modern design stinks, or is simply absent.

But your Audi is a definite exception.

I didn't really mean there was anything wrong about it. Heh, maybe a bit of broken-record-itis? :-p

Thank ya. To think I almost ordered a TT!

If you had, we'd be having a different discussion. :AH-HA_wink:

Haha...well the TT is still a pretty great car. Though had I picked up the TT 3.2L, I'd now be wishing I'd waited for the TT-S.

It's funny when I think back about the spy photos of the A5. Audi had minimal camo on them, but they'd obviously put it in all the right places because I remember thinking "hum...doesn't look that great?"

Fast forward to the day I picked mine up...and it was totally surreal. I walked in the door and kinda scanned the whole place to see where my salesman was at. Saw this red car sitting off to the left and it didn't even register for a minute that it was mine. Then something along the lines of "holy $h!...thats mine" slipped through my head. Couldn't stop grinning like an idiot for at least 5 mins. Or at least until I wrote the check for the down payment. Hell I was smiling even then. I drove out of there wondering how it was possible a car like this was mine...almost felt like I got away with something.

Haha...well the TT is still a pretty great car. Though had I picked up the TT 3.2L, I'd now be wishing I'd waited for the TT-S.

It's funny when I think back about the spy photos of the A5. Audi had minimal camo on them, but they'd obviously put it in all the right places because I remember thinking "hum...doesn't look that great?"

Fast Forward to the day I picked mine up...and it was totally surreal. I walked in the door and kinda scanned the whole place to see where my salesman was at. Saw this red car sitting off to the left and it didn't even register for a minute that it was mine. Then something along the lines of "holy $h!...thats mine" slipped through my head. Couldn't stop grinning like an idiot for at least 5 mins. Or at least until I wrote the check for the down payment. Hell I was smiling even then. I drove out of there wondering how any of this was possible...almost felt like I got away with something.

That is just the best feeling!

When the reality of my Firehawk was in front of me, rolling out of the Reliable truck, I just couldn't quite make it all real in my head.

What a day!

Fast forward to the day I picked mine up...and it was totally surreal. I walked in the door and kinda scanned the whole place to see where my salesman was at. Saw this red car sitting off to the left and it didn't even register for a minute that it was mine. Then something along the lines of "holy $h!...thats mine" slipped through my head. Couldn't stop grinning like an idiot for at least 5 mins. Or at least until I wrote the check for the down payment. Hell I was smiling even then. I drove out of there wondering how it was possible a car like this was mine...almost felt like I got away with something.

I had that experience/feeling when I bought the Intrepid. When I went to the auto auction I wasn't planning to buy then and there. Intrepids caught my eye on the list, but of the 3, only mine hadn't presold. I wasn't looking for it. I checked out a Grand Prix, a Continental, a Taurus, a 2nd gen Neon, a `02 Stratus, two Millenias. Nothing called out to me.

I get to the Intrepid, open it up to find the car immaculate. Besides the trunk light, everything worked, and besides the little rust spot on the door frame, the exterior was clean. It ran beautiful and drove great. I went to go check out some other cars after I drove it, but then came back and sat in it and looked it over until the bidding began. I knew it was mine. When bidding, only one other person bid near the end, and when it reached 2,000, the dealer wanted 2,100, so I said yes.

It was the greatest feeling getting the car and driving it on the open road for the first time...my truly first car.

That feeling I got is part of why I love the car so much and will never give it up.

/hijack