my fat ass

Is it any wonder we as Americans are lard asses? Not more than half an hour ago, I was able to order a Papa John's pizza online... medium pepperoni & black olive, baked well done, without getting off my ass. The little nerdy white kid brought it to my door and now I am stuffing my face with a delicious, hot, fattening concoction.

And it's only going to get worse.

Hey Papa John: good luck finding your old Z/28. I did my small part.

Edited by ocnblu

I don't know about Papa John's website, but Domino has an order tracking system on theirs that is freakishly acurate as to which step your pizza is at.

edit: and the only reason I got off my couch last night was to get my wallet and answer the door.

Burn off some calories walking to the car and singing to the drive through dude like this guy did: http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=osUNhg8uQ1Q

I'm a fan of Rhett and Link... they did their own Taco Bell drive-thru song.

As for Papa Johns and Dominos, yes, online ordering/paying, freakishly accurate tracking, etc., is awesome, but what sucks is the quality of the product that arrives. I can only order them if I'm not in the mood to eat Italian food. If I can get myself in that mind-frame, it's not so bad.

I will say I dig those little choco pastry thingies that Papa Johns has. Or Buffalo Chicken Kickers from Dominos.

My credit card was in my wallet. This Dominos makes you show them the card when you sign.

I think everyplace is *supposed* to, its like checking i.d. when someone pays by check, but I've never known a driver who actually did it.

We'll I spent the day pressure washing my house, driveway, patio and ate very little other than my big healthy breakfast, So I am now going to go pop some pocket sandwiches in the microwave and sit down to watch the last in the series of "The return of the King" I got all the directors cuts, so each one is over 4hrs long. I started on Thursday after work and watched the Lord of the Rings, Friday night was The Two Towers and now the Grand Finalle. Think I will open a bottle of Wine, Dark Chocolate and my pocket pizza's and vegge. :P

Does that make me lazy? :scratchchin:

I just got over a few days of couch-bound downtime because I seriously sprained my foot/ankle. It took all my willpower to not leave the door unlocked and have them automatically deliver pizzas every 8 hours to my couch.

Better now, as the pain is bearable and the only obvious problem is the racing-stripe bruise. It felt good to walk the supermarket again and work in the garage.

I just got back from being a groomsman in a wedding. Fifteen hours of picture taking, standing through an hour ceremony in a little church with no air-con, stuffing and drinking and dancing myself silly at the reception afterward, and now I'm home and tired and it's almost 3 AM....and for some reason, I'm on C&G.

That's because we stick together, through thick and thin. Things at GM are so thin right now, if it stood sideways you couldn't see it... yet we're still here. That alone is a comfort to me.

<object width="425" height="344"><param name="movie" value="
name="allowFullScreen" value="true"></param><param name="allowscriptaccess" value="always"></param><embed src="
type="application/x-shockwave-flash" allowscriptaccess="always" allowfullscreen="true" width="425" height="344"></embed></object>

That's awesome! "Cheese and sauce consuming beasts."

That's because we stick together, through thick and thin. Things at GM are so thin right now, if it stood sideways you couldn't see it... yet we're still here. That alone is a comfort to me.

Too true, us Auto Nuts stick together no matter what happens to our companies. :thumbsup:

Too true, us Auto Nuts stick together no matter what happens to our companies. :thumbsup:

I hate it when my nuts stick together.

My credit card was in my wallet. This Dominos makes you show them the card when you sign.

My Papa Johns does that also...but Pizza Hut doesn't... I've had a few of PH 'Naturals' or Wing Street wings delivered this year.

Alas, I don't think any of local Chinese places deliver (but one about a mile away does deliver). Now if I had an Indian place that delivered that would rock--a curry vindaloo w/ naan and a Kingfisher, please.

We ate pizza yesterday at Sauce, a pretty good chain here and in CO. Had a thin crust pepperoni and mushroom.

Edited by Cubical-aka-Moltar

Too cheap to tip- always pick up. Lived here 16 years - not a single home food delivery.

Once ate Domino's (medium mushroom) for 3 straight days. Then, from that store (Baltmore), it was excellent.

Shop near me makes a killer chicken marsala pie. I must have made an impression- walked in one day this summer, guy asks me 'Marsala?' and when I say 'yep' he says 'It's already in the oven; I saw your truck drive in.'

Too cheap to tip- always pick up. Lived here 16 years - not a single home food delivery.

Once ate Domino's (medium mushroom) for 3 straight days. Then, from that store (Baltmore), it was excellent.

Shop near me makes a killer chicken marsala pie. I must have made an impression- walked in one day this summer, guy asks me 'Marsala?' and when I say 'yep' he says 'It's already in the oven; I saw your truck drive in.'

At least you pick it up then.

Nothing I hated more than some asshole who has the money to order out, but not to tip you for putting wear and tear on your car, fighting traffic, elements, finding your stupid house so your fat ass can eat.

I would never NOT tip for service rendered, but in picking it up, I provide that service. :wink:

Other items that were delivered to my house (furniture), I always tip.

Mailman & garbage man, however, get nada; they have better benefits & a company vehicle vs. me.

Is it any wonder we as Americans are lard asses? Not more than half an hour ago, I was able to order a Papa John's pizza online... medium pepperoni & black olive, baked well done, without getting off my ass. The little nerdy white kid brought it to my door and now I am stuffing my face with a delicious, hot, fattening concoction.

And it's only going to get worse.

Hey Papa John: good luck finding your old Z/28. I did my small part.

Woah big spender here!

There is no way in hell i would pay some kid to deliver my pizza, i always get it myself.

Woah big spender here!

There is no way in hell i would pay some kid to deliver my pizza, i always get it myself.

Too much effort. Why would I go out to get something that can be delivered right to my door? Esp. in the summer when the weather outside is disgusting.

One of the latest innovations I've seen is one of the chains has a deal w/ TiVo, where you can program in your favorite pizza, payment info, and local store so you can do one click ordering from the TiVo...I may try that.

Edited by Cubical-aka-Moltar

I grew up both in HS and College delivering pie's, Tipping is a very important part as they people usually do not make much. Plus I remember some woman that loved to tip well and add extra bennies too.

I personally tip 20% on Pie deliveries, resturants, etc If the service is good and they have an excellent personality, then they deserve to get tipped as I sit on my lazzy ass and enjoy my Pie.

Pie Pie the American Food the More you Eat the more you???????????????? :P LOL

A large American diet produces large American BMs. I'm sick and tired of weak-ass 'low volume' eco-flush toilets. I want a home toilet with the power of an airplane toilet..that way it can accomodate my massive American BMs, 4 times a day, every day :)

That is why my house does NOT have Green Toilets, they are well documented that they clog 4 times more often as a traditional toilet. WOW :mind-blowing: 4 a day is a mind blowing amount of &#036;h&#33;. :rotflmao:

That is why my house does NOT have Green Toilets, they are well documented that they clog 4 times more often as a traditional toilet. WOW :mind-blowing: 4 a day is a mind blowing amount of &#036;h&#33;. :rotflmao:

Yeah, got 2 green toilets here..I keep 2 plungers beside each toilet for emergency unclog action, and Mr Plumbr Foaming Liquid Pipe Snake (a couple bottles of that work great for the worst clog).

Well, not necessarily 4 every day...but when I eat large, I go large.. or when I eat spicy food, got to go more often.. :)

Yeah, got 2 green toilets here..I keep 2 plungers beside each toilet for emergency unclog action, and Mr Plumbr Foaming Liquid Pipe Snake (a couple bottles of that work great for the worst clog).

Well, not necessarily 4 every day...but when I eat large, I go large.. or when I eat spicy food, got to go more often.. :)

Yea I can understand eating big and dumping big. For me that is not so much an issue as I workout allot and burn it up, but if I eat a bunch of Salad, then I am busy and enjoy the traditional flush of 5 gallons toilet compared to the Green 1.5 gallons. Thank goodness I live in Seattle where I get plenty of water to flush with.

We'll back to the FAT ASS Life!

There is an amazing Pastry shop here in Kirkland that make amazing cakes with that yummy :P Almond past coverings, with a light cake, raspberry filling, Custard Cream in the center.

Love buying one of these cakes, taking home, good movie, someone you love and feeding each other cake. :P

I am officially embarrassed. My bill was $17.50 and I gave the kid a $20 bill. AND he was driving a 90's Cherokee.:blush:

Do not be so hard on yourself. That is a fair tip, If the person went out of their way to really take care of you, then tip more, if not, then less. I did at one time give a 1 cent tip as I got my pie, open the box and could see that they had dropped it as it was all on one end and the kid could not even tell me he had dropped it. I then called in and got a replacement pie for free.

Pie does sound good for dinner tonight. :P

I would never NOT tip for service rendered, but in picking it up, I provide that service. :wink:

Other items that were delivered to my house (furniture), I always tip.

Mailman & garbage man, however, get nada; they have better benefits & a company vehicle vs. me.

Oh I Know, if I don't feel like tipping I'll just go get the order myself.

I used to work with a guy that was such a cheapskate, he would never go to any restaurant where one would normally tip...so going out to lunch usually meant fast food. Said he didn't believe in tipping.

I used to work with a guy that was such a cheapskate, he would never go to any restaurant where one would normally tip...so going out to lunch usually meant fast food. Said he didn't believe in tipping.

Pfft, make fun of us cheapskates all you want, but it is always us who are smiling during bad times.

We need a cheapskate flag... but that costs too much money, so :toiletpaper:

A large American diet produces large American BMs. I'm sick and tired of weak-ass 'low volume' eco-flush toilets. I want a home toilet with the power of an airplane toilet..that way it can accomodate my massive American BMs, 4 times a day, every day :)

:cheers:

I know what you mean! I hate weak toilets. I've had some get clogged from the battleship itself and not any toilet paper!

I want a toilet that has enough power to practically suck the crap out of you! :P

:cheers:

I know what you mean! I hate weak toilets. I've had some get clogged from the battleship itself and not any toilet paper!

I want a toilet that has enough power to practically suck the crap out of you! :P

You can always get yourself a suction pump with desired HP rating with a hose just the right size for your orifice.

As far as tipping goes, I tip based on the same method used for tipping at a restaurant. If anything delivery people deserve it more.

There were a few people who tipped me well and helped make up for all the cheap asshats. There's an older gentleman who lives a few blocks away from the place I worked. He's got a yard full of various generation F Series trucks, one of which he was rebuilding from teh ground up. I chatted with him about it a few times. Sometimes he would make a $!0.00 order, and tip me $7.00!

However the bad outweighs the good.

The worst one was a $60.00 delivery I made to TD Bank North. The woman saw the bill and explained that she thought it would be more expensive...and she didn't. f@#kING. TIP. I almost stabbed her in the throat with the pen. :angry:

I've gotten BS excuses from people saying they don't have money to tip cuz they have a kids to support or some &#036;h&#33;. Hey asshole, buy the food from the store and make it yourself if money's an issue!

Oh and then there's those jerkoffs who cancel the order by the time you get to their door.

This is why I can never go back. Also, delivery is one of the most dangerous jobs.

Everyone who orders deliver should go here: http://tipthepizzaguy.com/

As far as tipping goes, I tip based on the same method used for tipping at a restaurant. If anything delivery people deserve it more.

There were a few people who tipped me well and helped make up for all the cheap asshats. There's an older gentleman who lives a few blocks away from the place I worked. He's got a yard full of various generation F Series trucks, one of which he was rebuilding from teh ground up. I chatted with him about it a few times. Sometimes he would make a $!0.00 order, and tip me $7.00!

The worst one was a $60.00 delivery I made to TD Bank North. The woman saw the bill and explained that she thought it would be more expensive...and she didn't. f@#kING. TIP. I almost stabbed her in the throat with the pen. :angry:

I've gotten BS excuses from people saying they don't have money to tip cuz they have a kids to support or some &#036;h&#33;. Hey asshole, buy the food from the store and make it yourself if money's an issue!

Oh and then there's those jerkoffs who cancel the order by the time you get to their door.

This is why I can never go back. Also, delivery is one of the most dangerous jobs.

I can feel the pain. I always tip the delivery guy. Before Papa Johns started to add tips to the orders online, I once had ordered pizza and did not have cash to give the pizza driver. I went to the ATM and met the driver at the store and tipped him. The guy was a Bulgarian in his 30's driving a tripped down Jetta. He appreciated it so much that whenever I ordered pizza after that, he made sure that he was the delivery guy. Small things make a big difference.

You know, there's no obligation to tip. Acting like people who don't tip are the worst people in the world just tells me you need to get out of the customer service business.

There's nothing more obnoxious to me than a petulant delivery boy showing up being rude because he thought he didn't get tipped as much as he "deserved." Listen, no one cares how many near-accidents you almost got into, or how little your boss pays you. If the pizza is delivered on-time (or early!), the deliverer doesn't reek of pot, is wearing clean clothes, is well groomed, and has a polite, cheerful manner, the likelihood of a decent tip increases. Deliver late, complain about how my house numbers are hard to find/see/read when no one else has an issue with them, or act all immature/unprofessional for whatever reason...yeah prolly not going to happen.

I tip if service is good, and I don't tip if it is bad. And one of the occupational hazards of working for a &#036;h&#33;ty company is that the company's bad service gets taken out on your tip.

You know, there's no obligation to tip. Acting like people who don't tip are the worst people in the world just tells me you need to get out of the customer service business.

There's nothing more obnoxious to me than a petulant delivery boy showing up being rude because he thought he didn't get tipped as much as he "deserved." Listen, no one cares how many near-accidents you almost got into, or how little your boss pays you. If the pizza is delivered on-time (or early!), the deliverer doesn't reek of pot, is wearing clean clothes, is well groomed, and has a polite, cheerful manner, the likelihood of a decent tip increases. Deliver late, complain about how my house numbers are hard to find/see/read when no one else has an issue with them, or act all immature/unprofessional for whatever reason...yeah prolly not going to happen.

I tip if service is good, and I don't tip if it is bad. And one of the occupational hazards of working for a &#036;h&#33;ty company is that the company's bad service gets taken out on your tip.

My my, how we jump to conclusions. You know what they say about assuming right?

• First and foremost. I quit the job, so yeah, it's no longer an issue.
  • Second, I was always polite, even when I didn't get a tip. Just because I felt angered doesn't mean I showed it. That's called being professional. I can feel frustrated by itwithout showing it, last time I checked anyway.
  • The one time the guy gave me the sob story (and when I say sob story I mean he was an ass about it) about how he was ordering out but couldn't tip because he had kids to feed and all that &#036;h&#33;, was because I asked how he wanted his change back, and he made a point to say all of it, and then gave me his stupid story.
  • I always delivered as fast as I sanely could
  • Obviously tipping should be based on speed and overall quality of service.
  • However, when you are polite, timely, and overall professional, yes a tip should be given. If a person doesn't tip despite the delivery person meeting those prerequisites, then yeah you're a dick.

Besides tips, being polite paid off in some other ways. In addition to the guy who has a collection of F-Series trucks, I met a guy who has a Dodge Lancer, and a woman who showed e her mint 3rd gen Firebird and an older model Monte Carlo SS. had some people specifically request for me to deliver (the security guys at the IRS for example).

Like I said, the bad experiences outweighed the good, and the $4 gas at the time, combined with the car being backed into while parked next to the building, and rear ended while on delivery, just pushed it over the edge. Also at the time we were planning on moving. I always imagined finally telling off someone who didn't tip me for an unfair reason on my last day, especially if it was a regular who never tipped, no matter how nice, fast, etc. you were. However I figured I'd rather leave on as good of a note as possible, so I never did.

My boss asked me if I wanted to come back several times, but I just couldn't bring myself to do it.

Anyway, no more thread hijacking, sorry ocn!

My my, how we jump to conclusions. You know what they say about assuming right?

• First and foremost. I quit the job, so yeah, it's no longer an issue.
  • Second, I was always polite, even when I didn't get a tip. Just because I felt angered doesn't mean I showed it. That's called being professional. I can feel frustrated by itwithout showing it, last time I checked anyway.
  • The one time the guy gave me the sob story (and when I say sob story I mean he was an ass about it) about how he was ordering out but couldn't tip because he had kids to feed and all that &#036;h&#33;, was because I asked how he wanted his change back, and he made a point to say all of it, and then gave me his stupid story.
  • I always delivered as fast as I sanely could
  • Obviously tipping should be based on speed and overall quality of service.
  • However, when you are polite, timely, and overall professional, yes a tip should be given. If a person doesn't tip despite the delivery person meeting those prerequisites, then yeah you're a dick.

1. I know you quit the job...but I'm suggesting you stay out of any customer service industry--it just doesn't seem to fit you well.

2. The second paragraph contained my thoughts on the subject of delivery people, and did not accuse you of anything. I don't see where I assumed anything about you, personally, since how would I possibly know? I don't live in Massachussetts. I was thinking in particular when the delivery person had me walk two blocks to a gas station because he "couldn't find my address." Apparently when I said 24th St., and he repeated it back to me, he didn't realize that "twenty-fourth" does not include the alphanumeric "23rd." Fool.

3. The "tip entitlement" rubs me the wrong way. By meeting all the prerequisites, a delivery person certainly has earned a tip, if given, but tipping is not mandatory. I don't care how nice and polite the delivery person is, if the retaurant screwed up and delivered my order an hour and a half late, I'm not spending any more money than that already charged to my card. Sucks, but if you live in a state that allows tipped employees to be paid less than minimum wage, try working for a restaurant that doesn't treat its customers like &#036;h&#33;. Especially if the place already levies a delivery surcharge, as I'm paying for the extra delivery expenses (assumedly) since it doesn't cost $3 to set the to-go containers on the delivery counter versus the take-out counter.

Edited by Croc