Server Move In Progress - Read More ×

As promised... The 2005 LS... UPDATE 2 with Motor Bay Photos!

Well it was D-day for me today as I picked up my newest edition to my fleet, my son and I went to pick it up around 1:00 today and he has been detailing it and waxing it up until now. Well he took it down to the park and shot a few for everyone on C&G, aside of being louder than the 3400 in my 2001 and having tighter steering and firmer ride it is a very similar car. It is sportier though and my son agrees, Monday I have to get new plates for it, I have only put three miles on it. My son can't wait to get a crack at it on the open road, he really likes it way more than the 2001 and frankly so do I. It is amazing what a few small things can do to a good car a great car. Anyways aside of a few small small things on the exterior need to be taken care off but that is for another day.

Jump to the second page for 1st update of additional photographs and for the second update two new shots of the 3800 all cleaned up!

Anyways the photos...

IMGP3227.jpg

IMGP3228.jpg

IMGP3230.jpg

IMGP3232.jpg

IMGP3234.jpg

IMGP3236.jpg

IMGP3237.jpg

IMGP3241.jpg

IMGP3242.jpg

IMGP3243.jpg

IMGP3244.jpg

IMGP3245.jpg

IMGP3247.jpg

IMGP3248.jpg

IMGP3249.jpg

Edited by gm4life

Very nice car. I was never a fan of that gen Impala in many ways, BUT when you get the right trim/wheel/color combo, my view completely changes. Your new one is one of the "good" ones, for sure. Amazing how different a fully painted LS with attractive wheels can be from a base with terrible hubcaps and the flat black rub strips all around which...well...never made one ounce of sense.

Purty gold car :AH-HA_wink:

Very nice car. I was never a fan of that gen Impala in many ways, BUT when you get the right trim/wheel/color combo, my view completely changes. Your new one is one of the "good" ones, for sure. Amazing how different a fully painted LS with attractive wheels can be from a base with terrible hubcaps and the flat black rub strips all around which...well...never made one ounce of sense.

Purty gold car :AH-HA_wink:

I agree, my base without the painted trim is a MUCH less attractive car. Well the color combo on it is sharp and growing on my son with the beige interior. Thanks again for the kind words.

A real beauty. Impossible, judging from the photos, to tell it from new. A solid and attractive way to get around. Great color too. Many happy miles. Very exciting.

Let me be honest it is far from new, clean it is indeed, and with 60,000 miles on the odo it is starting to show its age. The car just photographs well, and the interior is AS nice as my 2005 SLE which amazes me someone keeps them that nice. The exterior is clean save for a few scraps, marks, very small dings and chips, and a little of cracked paint on the front bumper have to be within a foot to see it though. So perfect it is not, and I am NOT showing anyone the motor bay until it gets cleaned, that really doesn't look new. Thanks longtooth that is the highest compliment you could have paid me. I really too like the color and as most of her miles are highway I hope to get a little more out of her. It is exciting for me, but uhhh my son who will be driving it is THRILLED, and already has two coats of wax on it, I couldn't believe it. A third is soon coming... We also agree the sound system in it is great.

Looks really good, gm4life. In some ways, I like that style of Impala better than the new one. Good luck with it.

As do I. I really like the 2006-2007 Monte and the 2004-2005 LS/SS Impalas with the painted over trim and updated climate controls and interior. The 2006 and up are very nice cars, but honestly I like alot of the styling on the 2000-2005 years alot better, making it a more attractive car. Also it must have been one of the last 2005's off the line its tag says May of 2005. I really like it, and the spoiler is growing on me. Thanks for the good wishes.

Impressively clean. I don't like those fabric inserts though. In photos they make that part of the seat look dirty. Good luck with it!

Hey thanks DF, I actually love the inserts, I'll get a closer photo to show you why I like them so much. My son and wife agree they are much better than the standard seats in my 2001. Thanks again.

I remember our old neighbor bought one of those new to replace her old Legacy. It had the body color rear fascia, which I think looks better. If I remember right, they eventually traded it in for a Town and Country so her disabled father could get in and out more easily.

It's all I thought it would be and more...I agree about the tail light thing.

Nice ride. Should eat up the midwest interstate with no problems.

Chris

Thanks for the kind words, I have no doubt it will either. It gets its plates today, and will be driven provided it doesn't keep raining.

:metal: Rock on to you and your son. The car is very nice and to me does look new. My 94 GMC Suburban always amazes people as I keep it waxed and cleaned on the inside. Your son will really get some great years and long life out of the car by keeping it waxed, vacumed and degreased. It is amazing how these cars can keep going with a bit of maintenance.

Congrates to your family on the new addition. :D

:metal: Rock on to you and your son. The car is very nice and to me does look new. My 94 GMC Suburban always amazes people as I keep it waxed and cleaned on the inside. Your son will really get some great years and long life out of the car by keeping it waxed, vacumed and degreased. It is amazing how these cars can keep going with a bit of maintenance.

Congrates to your family on the new addition. :D

Thank you very much sir. My son I and try to keep the cars up the best we can. They tend to suffer a little during the non-summer months as we both have less time to take care of them and the weather in Iowa sucks. Well I hope we can keep it clean and spiffy looking for many years to come, and yes regular maintance and care make a HUGE difference. You might as well or they just go to grass if you don't and they are way to EXPENSIVE to do that with them.

The last of them...

IMGP3310.jpg

IMGP3313.jpg

IMGP3314.jpg

IMGP3325.jpg

IMGP3333.jpg

IMGP3336.jpg

IMGP3343.jpg

IMGP3338.jpg

IMGP3340.jpg

IMGP3341.jpg

For the record it has two full coats of wax, wheels have been polished/detailed once along with the rest of the car. Engine bay needs to be cleaned up good and I would like to see a final coat of wax go on her as well. Feedback is always welcome and enjoy the photos as always.

That twilight shot of the rear where your neighbors front lights are on is nice...as is the interior shot with the interior lights on.

Chris

The interior shot turned out to be one of my favs along with very same back end shot you speak of. Thanks for the kind words.

...love the Impala...but don't like the sound of "my last two Pontiacs"

Chris

Glad you like the car, my son drove it around town this evening for a half hour and just loved it. He said how nice the ride was not nearly as floaty as the 2001 and how much he liked the tach and the 3800 also. I can't wait till I have an extended drive with it.

Well to be honest with you, they won't be around after 2010 and I will not be buying another car between now and then. I have spent enough money on cars in the past 4 years, and hope I won't need to get something until at least 2012, if not later. I would like to see what happens to the industry and GM until then, and someone in my family will pick up a new Camaro SS before the end of the 5th gen. If GM is around and has products I want, I will be back to Chevrolet, without the Pontiac brand.

Who knows someday I might pick up a classic Pontiac someday... I love the '77 Can Am's, '77-79 Trans Ams (6.6L only), '87-92 Trans Am GTA's, 1969-1972 GP SSJ's and also the last '98-02 T/A's. Then again cars might suck so bad someday I could be holding onto FWD V6 powered cars like people did with muscle cars in the 80's, because all the "new" stuff sucks so much. That day is coming, exactly why a Camaro will be coming to someone in my family.

Edited by gm4life

• 2 weeks later...

Cleaned up the motor bay about a week and a half ago but was to lazy to post the photos. I spend nearly 3 hours working on it, it was SUPER dirty, sorry I do not have any before and after shots but anyways here is the AFTER. I didn't even take the hose to it, I really thought about it but used a rag and a bucket of water and some F2K1 and it turned out like this... (I should look at my other two Pontiac's now and make sure they look good too tho..) Enjoy.

IMGP3345.jpg

IMGP3346.jpg

Edited by gm4life