Sign in to follow this  
Followers 0
prototype66

1995 Chevelle

16 posts in this topic

I found this quick sketch from 1987..................yes, thats right, 1987.this was my forward thinking back then so commence with the giggles :rolleyes:

Posted Image

yeah it seems very late 80's i cant do too much judging considering i didnt experience 80's auto culture it kinda reminds me of what a newer mustang and a plymouth laser had kids nice sketch i used to do mine with wheels of too the rear is amazing, no joke, but the front leaves things to be desired, the headlamps are kind weird as far as proportions go, and its too wedge shaped for me, but def looks like it was a little ahead of its time at least, great sketch i think this is the first from you,, hope to see more in the future or maybe, back to the future?yeah corny, you know where to stick it

Dude, somebody stole the wheels!! :P Kind looks like a Delorean front half w/ an RX-7 rear. I love the fender-mount turn signal indicators- totally 80s! ;)

Just curious, why did you pick 1995?

Dude, somebody stole the wheels!! :P  Kind looks like a Delorean front half w/ an RX-7 rear.  I love the fender-mount turn signal indicators- totally 80s! ;)

[post="3663"]<{POST_SNAPBACK}>[/post]

but def looks like it was a little ahead of its time at least, great sketch i think this is the first from you,, hope to see more in the future or maybe, back to the future?yeah corny, you know where to stick it

ya picked up on the delorean thing huh?
that car was actually thought to be very futuristic
i dont think thats an rx-7 though, seems to be more like an eagle talon to me . . .

Cool. his would have ben cutting edge in the late 80s. There's a little bit of Beretta/Corsica/Allante in the lines. Keep posting. :)

I'm guessing you liked the B-Body Impala/Caprice, didn't you? lol

Dude, somebody stole the wheels!! :P  Kind looks like a Delorean front half w/ an RX-7 rear.  I love the fender-mount turn signal indicators- totally 80s! ;)

[post="3663"]<{POST_SNAPBACK}>[/post]

i JUST PICKED A TARGET DATE WHERE I THOUGHT STYLES WOULD GO IN 87' B)

much better then what I was sketching in 87... my concepts were mostly wedges with wheels (I was going for aerodynamics) or boxes with rear mounted machine guns :lol:

Reminds me more of a Subaru svx in some points
Posted Image

yea i can see that too, but if u notice the line on the body that starts underneath the headlight and goes all the way to the rear of the car it looks exactly like a 3000 and the very flat and wide hood

wow...check out that frotn overhang...I immediately though DeLorean also...maybe it was just because of the lack of rims...haha, speaking of which...gotta love the drum brakes :P

Hell, in 1987 I was three years old and drawing cars that looked like shoes with a couple donuts attached to the bottom. Your design is pretty cutting edge for back then...I like it. What was your idea behind leaving off the wheels? Hovercraft?

Hell, in 1987 I was three years old and drawing cars that looked like shoes with a couple donuts attached to the bottom.  Your design is pretty cutting edge for back then...I like it.  What was your idea behind leaving off the wheels?  Hovercraft?

[post="5431"]<{POST_SNAPBACK}>[/post]

no ,i dunno, at the time I thought it left open the design for further changes.(which I never did on this one) I forgot the cinder blocks though.LOL :lol:

I must be the only one thinking of a 1982 model car designed in 1978.

Whoa-oly crap! Some SVX knocked up a DeLorian. And somebody took the wheels to a chop shop. But, back in the '80s, people may have bought into it. Anyhow, good job. I actually kind of like it.

Your content will need to be approved by a moderator

You are commenting as a guest. If you have an account, please sign in.
Reply to this topic...

×   You have pasted content with formatting.   Remove formatting

×   Your link has been automatically embedded.   Display as a link instead

Sign in to follow this  
Followers 0

• Who's Online (See full list)

There are no registered users currently online

• Who's Chatting

There are no users currently in the chat room