June Car Spotters... What did you see?

• Replies 229
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Over near Lancaster when I was passing through I saw a 68 GTO ragtop, green with a tan top and interior, I think it had keystone mag wheels and looked right out of the 70's, as it was painted a different metallic green than the factory color.

Did that GTO show up at any local car show's, blu?

Chris

Edited by 66Stang

Saw a whole car carrier load of new Camaro's on rt. 23. That new orange color is the cat's ass on that car.

Saw a 39 Pontiac rat rod 4 door...nice to see somthing other than billit and chrome on these older cars.

Chris

I ain't seen nothin', yet, but gm4life, you gotta work on your snappy thread titles if you wanna take over my unofficial job of posting these spotter threads.:lol:

Couldn't come up with anything... Sorry... And no I just wanted a place to post I saw a another new Camaro... I now have seen four!

Couldn't come up with anything... Sorry... And no I just wanted a place to post I saw a another new Camaro... I now have seen four!

Nothing wrong w/ the title. Cool on seeing 4 Camaros! I've seen zero so far, and I'm in a large metro area.

As far as the car spotter thread, personally I'd like it if we had a pinned, single continuous thread for it, like the Word Association thread. Sometimes, I can never find the car spotter thread for a given month because the titles are different every month.

Saw a white '10 Mustang GT at lunch..sharp.

Edited by Cubical-aka-Moltar

Nothing wrong w/ the title. Cool on seeing 4 Camaros! I've seen zero so far, and I'm in a large metro area.

As far as the car spotter thread, personally I'd like it if we had a pinned, single continuous thread for it, like the Word Association thread. Sometimes, I can never find the car spotter thread for a given month because the titles are different every month.

Saw a white '10 Mustang GT at lunch..sharp.

I haven't seen any 2010 Mustangs but the Ford dealer in town has sold a few the same day they came in. I know sometimes the titles get wild and hard to understand. I live in area of 75,000 people or so and one medium and one large Chevy dealer within 15 minutes of each other. People love Chevrolet's in my area.

Satty, I hate to say it, but the Challenger is growing on me.

Mustang looks good in the grabber blue color they have for it.

Son and I looked at a Grabber Blue convertible at the local Ford dealer.

Nice!

Chris

Satty, I hate to say it, but the Challenger is growing on me.

Mustang looks good in the grabber blue color they have for it.

Son and I looked at a Grabber Blue convertible at the local Ford dealer.

Nice!

Chris

Nice..haven't seen one yet in Grabber Blue. So far, I've seen a silver V6 convertible (in PA), dark red GT convertible (in OH), and a black GT coupe and a dark gray GT coupe here in AZ. I snagged a brochure the other day, want to study it and the 'build your own' part of the Ford website.

The Challenger is more the size of say a 1960's Fury than a Pony car.

It looks killer in the B5 blue. The Hemi makes the car, IMHO.

With 5 kids....hmmm...I could put two in the backseat and they would be far enough apart to keep from fighting with each other.

Chris

I really like the '10 Mustang, except it has "black diaper syndrome", that massive, black textured lower rear bumper area. I know, Camaro has it too, but it looks worse on the Ford, imo. Also, some of the wheels on the '10 Mustang are sort of effeminate.

The Challenger has road presence, that's for sure. It's a bad ass looking car, even in six cylinder form with the 18 inch rims. I hope they can put the Pentastar V6 in it with manual transmission next year.

I've been moaning about not seeing any Camaros at the local Chevy dealer I used to work for, but I called over there today to order a part for a customer's Yukon and the parts manager said they've had some... all sold orders that are in and out immediately. He said he'd call me when another one comes in. I hope he doesn't forget me.

Edited by ocnblu

Brand new red '10 Mustang V6 with factory chrome/polished wheels...looked more different than you'd think from pictures and ah, that glimmering, fresh off the lot, paper plates look 8) Funny thing, I was looking at it as we passed and the guy driving it was staring at the 'ole G8 similarly.

Well 1 day after complaining about the crap that i normally see here:

Today i saw that crappy Honda Insight again.. but more importantly.

BENTLEY GT BABY!

Saw a black Continental GT today, when I was pulling into my company parking lot..it was sitting at the light. Sweet.

Well i also saw a Police Bicycle with flashing lights and a really pathetic sounding siren ride past me.

That all you got? I saw a police Segway the other day. Not just one of those mall security ones, but an actual police department Segway with an armed officer on board. But I dont think it has a siren.

I travel to the Warren tech center alot, so I've seen lot's of Camaros and new 2010 Equinox's. But this morning I saw a new 2010 White Buick LaCrosse on 696. Not sure what trim level it was but is only had 2 letters under the name, so probally a CX. That car looks like it is targeting the new Lincon and Lexus models... and should do well against both!

Saw a gorgeous blue Lamborghini Gallardo. Had to drive slowly past it to get a good look. My wife still thinks I'm nuts.

Yesterday I saw a VW Phaeton. That was rare, never seen one before.

Oh, and a couple of Ferrari 360 convertibles. Yes 2 of them, different ones on different days. One red the other silver.

After dinner, I cruised down Camelback past the car dealers...and saw my first '10 Camaro! Sitting on the front lot of Courtesy Chevrolet, next to the showroom was a black SS w/ huge aftermarket black wheels and a large 'SOLD' sign in the side window. Sharp. Across the street at Coulter Cadillac, they had a slate blue G8 GT (they always seem to have a G8 or two), and two XLRs, one with '$15,995 OFF' on the side in huge letters...

Edited by Cubical-aka-Moltar

...and with the Camaro being so awesome has your fox body Mustang got a stablemate yet, Mr. Moltar...er...Rob...I mean Cubical?

Chris

No..no rush to buy something..need more garage space first.. :)

An interesting mix tonite on the way home..

A white w/ white top '88 or so Town Car that spotless--looked new...have a soft spot for those, since my Dad always drove them and I drove his to high school occasionally.

A white w/ white top '71-72 Buick Skylark convertible, very clean..

A very clean bronze mid '80s Celebrity 4dr, A/C must have been out--had the windows down

A worn out faded red late '80s LeSabre, also w/ the A/C out and all the windows down, no rear window, and decklid tied w/ a bungee cord

An '00-05 Impala, painted 4 different primer colors. No idea what color it originally was.

That generation Skylark convertible is one of the best looking cars GM ever made IMHO.

Chris

Yeah, I just saw it quickly breeze past on the opposite side on the freeway...pretty sure it wasn't a GS..didn't have a blacked-out grille. Had the Buick road mags. Don't see those very often.

Rob

Buick did a lot of thing sright during that Era. My Grandfather dated a woman who drove one of those 71-72 Buick convertibles your talking about...amazing car.

I was a nine year old kid the last time I rode in it...probably why I have such a damned fetish for ragtops today.

Chris

Buick did a lot of thing sright during that Era. My Grandfather dated a woman who drove one of those 71-72 Buick convertibles your talking about...amazing car.

I was a nine year old kid the last time I rode in it...probably why I have such a damned fetish for ragtops today.

Chris

An uncle had a '71 ragtop and later a '73 coupe, both Centurions..I have vague memories from about age 4-9 of riding in them in the '70s.. I love the fuselage styling of the big GMs of that era...my dream car garage would have a '71 Centurion convertible, '71 Riviera, '72 Impala sport coupe, '71 Olds 88 ht, '71 Catalina or Bonneville, a '71 Coupe De Ville, amongst other '60s-70s GMs, Fords, and Mopies... :)

Relatively dirty silver '10 Camaro SS from Pennsylvania cruising south on Rt. 1 here in Lewes/Rehoboth yesterday. That's, hmm, only the 2nd one I've seen driving anywhere when I'm out, and I actually liked the subdued silver more than the vivid banana...err, yellow.

Edited by caddycruiser