Server Move In Progress - Read More ×

June Car Spotters... What did you see?

• Replies 229
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

At lunch today, I saw a gorgeous Royal Maroon '69 Mustang Boss 429...Magnum 500 wheels, rear wing and sport slats. Droool...

It's only the 2nd Boss 429 I've ever seen in the wild (other is a black one in Colorado Springs that I saw a few times in a parking garage)...seen a few at Barrett-Jackson...don't recall seeing any at the Steamboat Springs, Co Mustang Roundup the times I've gone (400-500 cars show up for that).

Rob

Edited by Cubical-aka-Moltar

Today was a Camaro day

Saw four within the space of an hour. One black one at the doomed Chevy store around the corner, and three at "my" Chevy store. A yellow v6 car on their front lawn, a silver SS 6spd. in the upper showroom (special order waiting for pickup) that sported "cyber grey" stripes, and a black RS/SS auto being delivered while I was there. With over 25,000 sold orders already, they are popping-up everywhere. Can you imagine if this car had debuted in GOOD economic times?!

I was at the dealership getting an oil change/inspection done on the Silverado.

Oddly, a fairly clean, black, 2-door S-15 Jimmy pulled in behind me as I arrived - the guy was trading it in.

I looked over and saw that it was steaming a bit from the front (or so I thought). Several minutes later, thick, nasty grey/black smoke was pouring out of the grille, around all of the hood and fender gaps, and through the cowl vents!

That sucker sat there and totalled itself in the space of about five minutes!

Afte the excitement (fire extinguishers and all) the poor thing's hood was opened to reveal a badly melted mess. Every wire and electrical component was burned away/melted and the battery and plastic intake tube were both melted.

The blower motor for the HVAC was still running and could not be shut off.

Pretty wild.

Edited by Camino LS6

Hey AAS, did you put the wrinkles in the front bumper, too?:)

Nope. It's a rental, so that wrinkle came before me.

I did put a nice dimple in the bumper of the Jeep I had before this one (traded for the one in the pic when the shift lever for the 4x4 took a crap) when I had to move off a trail to let a Jeep GC going the opposite direction pass by, and the bumper nudged a tree stump. (maybe I'll post a pic of that one too)

Edited by AAS

Didn't see too much interesting this weekend, though on the twisty road to Jerome through the high desert and mountains I saw a silver Camaro '10 SS (first one I've seen not on a dealer's lot, had a WA plate) and a gorgeous black '69 GTO w/ Cragar SS wheels...rumbly. For more Pontiac Excitement!, I also saw an old Sunbird 4dr, about a 1990 or so, that had been bright red but from too many years in the AZ sun had faded to pink.

I see at least 2 camaros a day over here but i do lots of driving. they sure stand out. In other news a saw a A8 race a BMW 7series on M5

It was kind of interesting...in the Miata club we have a car called "ketchup and Mustard" because it is a red car with yellow stripes. Was thinking of calling that guy, and passed a whole car carrier full of new Camaro's on I-70, and all of the Camaro's were red or yellow.

My sightings have been a little strange, after not seeing them for years I've seen almost a dozen VW air cooled powered sand rails out in the wild and on the street. Passed on this ayem in fact.

Also, two of god's own original clean LTD two doors, a white 71 and a green 75. Both looked showroom fresh.

After seeing the white 71 Vette and the Yellow 72 Vette, and telling ya'll about it...saw a white 71 Mustang Mach one and a yellow 72 Mustang Mach 1.

Odd.

Also a BMW 1 series set up as an autocross or track day car, by itself on a car carrier headed somehwere.

Also, must be that gm4life has made me more aware of them...but I've seen a lot of IMPY SS FWD cars in black lately...several of them sweetly detailed and very clean...

Also, an air cooled VW bus in orange and white...

Chris

A new silver Camaro SS, and a not particularly clean one, cruising along Rt. 1 from time to time with Delaware tags and...driven by a young kid/really young guy. Hmm. Then again, I say this as the 23 year old passing him in my loaded G8 GT, so, you know. Still, always cool to see one of these in traffic, and not common yet.

The local dealer is soon to have a black/black cloth 1SS with just the 6-spd auto in stock...my G8 could always use a friend. Well, you know, in that hit the jackpot sort of a world.

Last 2 weeks~

'54 Merc hardtop, black roof, deep burgandy body, lowered, flawless,

'70 Pontiac GTO convert, dark blue, exc driver, for sale,

'70 Buick GS455 convert, beautiful, pulling out of parking lot,

'70 Buick Skylark, 20" rims, real nice otherwise, parked,

'75 Pontiac Gran Ville convert, decent shape, dark red, motoring quick,

'85 ? Cadillac Cimarron, molded headlights, VG shape, motoring up Rt 1, for sale.

Saw some pics; my buddy is chasing down another '59 Star Chief out in WY.

Hey balthazar, how can you easily tell at a glance teh difference between an Electra and a LeSabre?

I saw a beautifully restored blue `60 Buick today...but because it was off in a parking lot as I was going by, couldn't get a close look beyond that the headlights weren't stacked/canted.

A few days back...a new black Camaro 1LT from the local dealer with temp tags sitting alone in the middle of a parking lot on my way to work, with a random guy just circling it...from afar, from behind, peering in the windows, etc. Fun.

While driving in DC today going from one job to another, I saw an orange Camaro LT from Massachusetts on Massachusetts Ave NW, and then a classic Mini in dark gray with white stripes in one of the better areas of Northeast.

I also had to drive by the Canadian Embassy, which was decked-out in maple leaf flags; leftovers I'm sure from yesterday's Canada Day celebrations. :CanadaEmoticon:

On the way over to the beach today (yes, I bought my laptop on vacation), I saw a variety of interesting cars..

a '63 Falcon wagon, primer gray, white roof w/ surface rust, red steel wheels.

3 '10 Camaros, all SSes, one bright red, one silver, one black. Sweet.

dark gray G8 GT.

A black late '80s IROC-Z in original, worn out condition, faded paint, sagging headliner, '80s style red AZ plate, and a driver that looked about 50 with...a mullet. Talk about living the stereotype. Windows down, AC probably not working.

A yellow C6 Z06.

A very clean (older paint w/ some fade on the decklid) silver blue '65 Mustang coupe, 289, white vinyl top.

Several '10 Mustangs, a couple V6s and a few GTs..

a black '10 MKZ, looks good w/ the Olds-style grille like MKS.