June Car Spotters... What did you see?

'55 Chevy 210 2-dr hardtop, intriquing cream over orange sherbert combo, perfect

'55 Olds 88 4-dr sedan, black, very nice

'60 DeSoto Adventurer 2-dr hardtop, dark red over a pale yellow, perfect

'62 Chrysler Newport 4-dr sedan, lt blue, very solid for sale

'70 Cougar ELiminator, orange, exc

• Replies 229
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

'55 Chevy 210 2-dr hardtop, intriquing cream over orange sherbert combo, perfect

'55 Olds 88 4-dr sedan, black, very nice

'60 DeSoto Adventurer 2-dr hardtop, dark red over a pale yellow, perfect

'62 Chrysler Newport 4-dr sedan, lt blue, very solid for sale

'70 Cougar ELiminator, orange, exc

A two ten two door hardtop (not post) is an uncommon (not rare) car to see.

The Cougar would be my fav. of the list as I love Pony cars, but the 55 would be awesome to see as well.

Chris

Stand back please unless you want to get all sticky. ocn has just come home from seeing his first 2010 Camaro at the local dealership, and he is ready to mount something.

:hot:

Does not BEGIN to describe this car. I want to sell my car, my house, even my body to own one of these badass mofos.

Silver/black leather 2LT/RS... :drool:

The other day I saw a Toyota Venza in person for the first time. Based on web pics, I was afraid that I might actually like the styling of this car.

I needn't have worried - in person it is quite homely.

The car is a chunk with too high beltline, too tall tires, and a too wide body to be even remotely attractive.

The other day I saw a Toyota Venza in person for the first time. Based on web pics, I was afraid that I might actually like the styling of this car.

I needn't have worried - in person it is quite homely.

The car is a chunk with too high beltline, too tall tires, and a too wide body to be even remotely attractive.

I'm the opposite. I wasn't overly impressed with the Venza in pics but I kinda like it in person.

Actually the Civic (modrn Si version) is a car that I once really liked but now think is really kind of dated and not all that well designed.

The golden Civic to own IMHO is the 99-00 Si in blue or red...maybe black.

I saw a very clean Integra Type R. Been awhile since I've seen one of those in nice shape...like last August.

Chris

Lots of good stuff...

1954 Cadillac Coupe with Cream/Cream with factory Caddy wire wheels.

1972 Olds Cutlass 2dr HT in Navy Blue with a black top and black interior and Olds style factory mag wheels and sounded like a bigh block 455.

Both were great looking, and I saw within 5 mins of each other on a walk.

Yup so, after they closed I went back out there and checked out that 2LT/RS Camaro again today. Interesting on the website, when you choose RS, the wheels darken up pretty seriously in the representation, so I've been optioning into the polished 20's. Totally not necessary, as the "midnight silver" finish on the standard RS rims is not dark, but juuuuust right, just like everything else about the car.:wub:

EDIT: "my" Camaro - $28,825. Aqua Blue/black leather 2LT/RS manual. That's a lot of money dammit.

2nd EDIT: "my" Mustang - $26,325. White/saddle leather V6 Premium Pony manual with hockey stick stripe package. Less money, less car, but still nice.

Edited by ocnblu

Yup so, after they closed I went back out there and checked out that 2LT/RS Camaro again today. Interesting on the website, when you choose RS, the wheels darken up pretty seriously in the representation, so I've been optioning into the polished 20's. Totally not necessary, as the "midnight silver" finish on the standard RS rims is not dark, but juuuuust right, just like everything else about the car.:wub:

I think I see a Camaro in your future.

And yes, GM nailed it on this one. Like I said, when GM gets it right...

Chris

Roadtrip to Edmonton and Back today (Impala got 38MPG)

-2 F4 Camaro, 1 F4 Firebird

-1958 Impala 2Dr HT

-1958 Dodge Coronet 2Dr HT

-2 1st Gen Mustang Convertibles

-Lime Green 2008 Charger Daytona

-1 C4 Corvette ZR1

-1981 Coupe DeVille, mint

-1965 Cadillac Sedan de Ville

-Hummer H2 SUT with a 2nd Gen Escalade front end

-2 New Camaros on the Road

-W-Body Cutlass Supreme vert Red on Black with the top down

-1965 Corvair vert

Additionally my dad was at the dealer we do business with yesterday and saw the new Camaro (it was a 2LT w/ RS Package in Black) and he said "very nice striking car, I'd love to have one, and I'd buy one if only it was FWD or AWD"... He also professed his new appreciation for the current gen BMW 3-Series which I found very odd (not that I disagree).

FWD/AWD????:huh::lol:

Yup. He's Insane. For a 25 year police veteran I don't quite get the RWD hate either :confused0071:

The way he sees it RWD is the way of the past because we've made configurations that are "way better in the winter". I know when we bought the Impala the salesman and I were talking about Zeta and he wasn't at all receptive.

Edited by vonVeezelsnider

Last night as I was headed out to the clubs, I passed first a white Challenger SRT-8, then a blue 2010 Mustang GT, and finally a red Camaro! It was totally surreal to see all three of them driving down the interstate within a couple mile stretch of eachother... They are real beautiful cars!

Last night as I was headed out to the clubs, I passed first a white Challenger SRT-8, then a blue 2010 Mustang GT, and finally a red Camaro! It was totally surreal to see all three of them driving down the interstate within a couple mile stretch of eachother... They are real beautiful cars!

I saw several of those Challengers yesterday as well. One Red R/T, three Orange SRT-8s, and two Black SRT-8s. From what I saw they have to be really popular.

Had to make an early run to the airport this morning. Saw a white Prius in City Aviation department trim w/ a roof light bar. Exciting. On the way there, saw a sharp gold '68 Camaro on the freeway...base model, it looked like.

I just drove by a pretty clean 442, my wife asked me what it was and I told her that was an Oldsmobile from the early 70's I believe. two door, had the logo on the rear tail lights and middle of the front nose, Only had 442 on the sides and back of the car. Pretty cool seeing one still alive here.

I just drove by a pretty clean 442, my wife asked me what it was and I told her that was an Oldsmobile from the early 70's I believe. two door, had the logo on the rear tail lights and middle of the front nose, Only had 442 on the sides and back of the car. Pretty cool seeing one still alive here.

Different generation, but this reminded me of something I saw in Ohio over Memorial Day weekend-- a worn out silver early '80s ('84?) Olds 442... silver w/ red and black striping, big rust spots on the doors and rear quarters, rear decklid w/ a bungee cord holding it shut..pretty sad.

Saw a beater '87 Grand National this morning on the freeway, faded black paint on the hood/roof/decklid, tinted windows, noticable dings and paint chips on the doors.

Rob

Had to make an early run to the airport this morning. Saw a white Prius in City Aviation department trim w/ a roof light bar. Exciting. On the way there, saw a sharp gold '68 Camaro on the freeway...base model, it looked like.

First gen F bodies never go out of style...

Chris

Different generation, but this reminded me of something I saw in Ohio over Memorial Day weekend-- a worn out silver early '80s ('84?) Olds 442... silver w/ red and black striping, big rust spots on the doors and rear quarters, rear decklid w/ a bungee cord holding it shut..pretty sad.

Saw a beater '87 Grand National this morning on the freeway, faded black paint on the hood/roof/decklid, tinted windows, noticable dings and paint chips on the doors.

Rob

To me those cars look almost cool with their patina of age and the fact that 25 years later they are still in use in the rust belt.

I saw a pristine 87 Grand National and a Pristine 84 442 Olds...at two different classic car dealers.

See one here.

http://www.arenamotor.com/listings/l0014.html

Chris

To me those cars look almost cool with their patina of age and the fact that 25 years later they are still in use in the rust belt.

I saw a pristine 87 Grand National and a Pristine 84 442 Olds...at two different classic car dealers.

See one here.

http://www.arenamotor.com/listings/l0014.html

Chris

That Cutlass is the same color scheme as the worn one I saw in Ohio. I really like those cars, they were popular when I was in high school...lots of '78-87 A/G body coupes in my school... and in S. Florida, they had the same rust problems Ohio had.. :(

Rob

Two very, very clean and very, dvery different cars.

36 Ford, black, Resto Rod, just out of 1951, wide whites, red wheels, just the right rake, probably a merc flathead under the hood, flawless period piece. On Bridge Street Headed north.

The one remaining Civic CRX that hasn't been riced, rusted or destroyed here in Ohio, red, on Spring Street, NICE.

Chris

Two more I saw in the evening commute that were interesting--

a red '09 Challenger SE

a gorgeous black cherry '67 Ford F-series stepside pickup--body color grille and bumpers, wheels, side mount spare on the left rear fender.

At lunch, I saw a very clean lt green '77 Olds 88 4dr.

Edited by Cubical-aka-Moltar

Whoa, decent old boat. It appears to be a '76 ('75 Caprice front end with round headlights and Impala-specific grille, '76 Caprice had rectangular headlights). And it appears to be a '73 beside it.

Sunday, I parked next to a sweet red HHR 2LT panel with gold pinstripes and the polished rims. Saw a black Genesis sedan parked in front of Barnes & Noble.

Saw a pearl white Escalade Hybrid (with at least 20 Hybrid badges and decals) followed by a white TrailBlazer SS in line at McDonalds.

Saw a dark red '80 or so Lotus Esprit Turbo, very clean condition.

Saw a new black Aston Martin V8 Vantage. Drool..

Saw a clean dark green early '70s Jag XJ6 sedan.

Saw a black and yellow old VW Squareback (wagon) with 'Automatic' badge on the rear hatch.

This was broken Catera morning...saw not 1, but 2, gold Cateras parked on the side of two different freeways, then a dark red one on the side of a 4 lane street. What are the odds of that, in a metro area of 4.2 million people??

Another 2010 Camaro 2SS with no RS package and polished wheels and white Rally stripes. It was sweet!

Oh wow, mee too.. it was an ugly silver color though.. Pulled away from me in the G5 like we weren't even moving.

I also saw a pearly colored Soul, and a new Genesis.. Hyundai/Kia seems to be doing really well up here..

Edited by Westjetter737