June Car Spotters... What did you see?

• Replies 229
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

A dark blue 2010 Camaro RS/SS pulled into a lot behind me just this morning. The car had not even been dealer-prepped yet. Drew a crowd instantly.

The salesman had ordered it for himself and drove it to the Wawa straight from the truck.

The sad part is that the dealership is one of those set to close. The guy was wondering out loud if he could afford the car now.

A dark blue 2010 Camaro RS/SS pulled into a lot behind me just this morning. The car had not even been dealer-prepped yet. Drew a crowd instantly.

Sweet..that color looks great in the brochure..looking forward to seeing one in that color.

The sad part is that the dealership is one of those set to close. The guy was wondering out loud if he could afford the car now.

That same dealer across from the Hot Spot?

Chris

Odd, odd week for me.

Monday I saw a bunch of Challengers on the road, including one in that B5 blue I love...

Had to drive from Chilicothe to Columbus in the middle of the day to pick up an electronic board from TRANE for a rooftop A/C unit Tuesday. All kinds of two seater cars on the road...I was counting MR2's and Fiero's and came up with 17. Saw a couple of old Alfas and fiats as well.

Then yesterday was my Olds day. Really nice 84ish Cutlass, an Aurora, a couple of well preserved old wagons with the fake woodgrain, and a nice 77ish Cutlass.

Today I saw some nice older Chevrolet trucks, including a couple of the 1968-1972 bodystyle/

Chris

This...

2010_Camaro_SS_RS_Black_640.jpg

2010_Camaro_SS_RS_Black_320.jpg

And to make it even better it drove by me a few minutes after I after snapped the first one and it SOUNDED GREAT. Anyways it was a black on black SS/RS with a six speed and midnight silver wheels, driven someone around 55 or 60. It was parked in a driveway near my house and the two older gents were visiting on the porch. Sorry for the really poor quality it was with my camera phone, and the last shot is even worse. Then again the sound when they took off after that STOP was FREAKING amazing.

For the record I have seen these new Camaro's...

Black 2LT with polished wheels (coming at me on a busy main drag)

Yellow 2LT (at a dealership in my wifes hometown)

Black SS with polished wheels (at an intersection less than 2 miles from my house)

Black SS/RS with midnight silver wheels (in my area while out walking *the one posted above*)

I hope my little dealer still has his black 2LT with polished wheels on Tuseday when the 2005 LS has its first oil change and splash guards installed. I will have a camera on me for photographs inside and out. Maybe even a test drive, although I would rather play that card when a SS model comes in.

Please don't hate me, I live in an area where Chevrolet's sell really well. We have two large Chevy stores within 10 minutes of each of other. The largest store now has SIX Camaro's and five of them are 2SS's! I really should go over and drool over them but don't want sales staff breathing down my neck or I will wait till my little dealer gets his SS. I know at least with him I can have a test drive (ALONE) and take all the photos I want of it.

Edited by gm4life

While we were out food shopping yesterday, and enjoying the brief respite from the rain, saw an early '50s Hudson Hornet coming East on the causeway with Quebec license plate(s). The Hornet gleamed, its chrome glittering. I feel for the soggy son-of-a-gun picking this week to vacation out here. The streets today are near-deserted this afternoon. The best-laid plans...

This week:

production Camaros in the wild #4 (yellow SS) & #5 (silver ??)

Also as of late:

'55 Chevy Bel Air 4dr post sedan, green/white

'07? Bentley Continental Coupe

'35 Plymouth 4dr sedan with Tunned-Port power

'34 Ford modern-interpretation hot rod

& about 30 other hot rods at a local car show ranging

from 1920s T-buckets to '33 Ford 3-window coupe

Bonneville Salt Flats Racer look-a-likes to a 327-SBC

powered '32 Ford rat rod & a '39 Chevrolet.

Also: a near-clone of my beloved & now sold '68

"Mad-Max" Panther Camaro. It was in primer & looked

like a work in progress with more torque than a CAT

powered Peterbilt.

+ many, many more on the road & in people's driveways. 8)

Sure does make that old Buick look frumpy, doesn't it?

Whacha' got to make THIS Buick look Frumpy?!?! :wink:

http://www.flickr.com/photos/9220365@N06/3553497315/

Edited by Sixty8panther

Yeah, I agree. An H-body, 1990s, FWD LeSabre

is NOT a car that my B-59 would be proud to

have fathered. Saddly GM has been incapable of

any real splendor or vision since the days of

455s & Cadillacs with 500 cubic inches.

The occasional Grand National, ZR-1, 1LE T/A,

C6-Z06 or G8-GT keep the hope alive but let's

face it, the average American consumer loves

horribly bland & soul-deprived $h! from the

masters of deception over at Nippon Inc.

Sure does make that old Buick look frumpy, doesn't it?

Darn right and on the other side of the Buick was an Old Cutlass Ciera to boot. Camino you would have loved this thing, and it to me it looked as big as a Challenger even though I know it really isn't.

I think your like me gm4life...having a few practical family cars when your in the process of raising kids.

Wife and I talked about both a MINI Cooper and a Camaro as a future car today...we'll have more cool cars in the future.

Chris

I think your like me gm4life...having a few practical family cars when your in the process of raising kids.

Wife and I talked about both a MINI Cooper and a Camaro as a future car today...we'll have more cool cars in the future.

Chris

Well that explains my two Impala's and my Torrent. My Bonneville really for its size has a small back seat, truth be told I just wanted it. (Son did too, and I promised myself another Bonneville when I got rid of my 1977 in 1990 on the GP.) I loved the revamped SLE for 2005 and the 2004-2005 GXP so it was a no brainer as to what I wanted. I did a sales job on the wife just to get the SLE and tried for a GXP but couldn't find one without a sunroof and my wife wasn't sold on a V8 powered boat for me either. My head almost hits the top in this one so a sunroof would have made it a total mess.

As for cooler cars in the future I hope so, but sadly they might have to be used thanks to CAFE. Thats why my son or I will be getting a Camaro SS, just one way to "stick it to the man".

Edited by gm4life

Really good stuff today... '76 or '77 El Camino in bronze and a maroon '76 or '77 Monte Carlo, both were in nice daily driver shape, and even a '74ish Buick Apollo. Add to that a Porsche 911 Turbo Vert (latest generation), and a C5 Corvette 'Vert and 2000-2002 Z28 Camaro it was a good car spotting day.

Edited by gm4life

New Yellow Camaro LT V6 coming out the back entrance of a shopping center in Rehoboth as I entered, last week. Driven by a 50'ish lady with a guy in the passenger's seat, and the funny thing being as I glanced at them, both of their heads panned along with my car...2 stunning Zeta's passing in the sun. Glorious.

Seriously...lately I've seen so little of anything interesting, I'm grasping at straws every time I drive now, to spot anything. Wonder why. Hmm.

Only thing I've seen this weekend interesting was the clean white '62 Caddy 4dr ht that's in my neighborhood...was out Friday night walking a couple dogs, saw it cruise by, though it definitely didn't sound like I would think a vintage Caddy should sound--it sounded more like my Dad's old John Deere tractor..must have had a bad exhaust or blown muffler.

Only thing I've seen this weekend interesting was the clean white '62 Caddy 4dr ht that's in my neighborhood...was out Friday night walking a couple dogs, saw it cruise by, though it definitely didn't sound like I would think a vintage Caddy should sound--it sounded more like my Dad's old John Deere tractor..must have had a bad exhaust or blown muffler.

That was a good year for Caddy, I bet it was sweet, and what color was she?

A few interesting cars. First of all the (Z06 black on black) that showed up at the autocross Sunday. After seeing that thing run hard and riding in it while it was being driven in anger...all I can say is that Nissan can shove the GTR up their corporate ass where the sun doesn't shine.

That thing is just ungody.

Sunday evening I saw a pristine 1957 Studebaker Golden Hawk, red and white , being towed on a trailer through Columbus.

Today, also on a trailer down in Chillicothe I saw a Red 74 GTO, built like a mild bracket racing quarter mile car from what I could tell, very clean, NICE!

And then today I had to fix some rooftop A/C units...came down to my work van in the parking lot...and parked right in front of me was a really nice dark blue 66 GTO with a dark blue interior...and it was a 4 speed. Not perfect but very, very nice.

Black Solstice GXP coupe, 6 speed.

...and a nice clean old 67 Chevrolet truck parked for sale in front of a farm when I was cruising around with the top down on my way home from work. Looked like it had been well cared for.

Chris

A few interesting cars. First of all the (Z06 black on black) that showed up at the autocross Sunday. After seeing that thing run hard and riding in it while it was being driven in anger...all I can say is that Nissan can shove the GTR up their corporate ass where the sun doesn't shine.

That thing is just ungody.

Sunday evening I saw a pristine 1957 Studebaker Golden Hawk, red and white , being towed on a trailer through Columbus.

Today, also on a trailer down in Chillicothe I saw a Red 74 GTO, built like a mild bracket racing quarter mile car from what I could tell, very clean, NICE!

And then today I had to fix some rooftop A/C units...came down to my work van in the parking lot...and parked right in front of me was a really nice dark blue 66 GTO with a dark blue interior...and it was a 4 speed. Not perfect but very, very nice.

Black Solstice GXP coupe, 6 speed.

...and a nice clean old 67 Chevrolet truck parked for sale in front of a farm when I was cruising around with the top down on my way home from work. Looked like it had been well cared for.

Chris

I think I'll take that '74 GTO and Solstice GXP Coupe please! :neenerneener:

You would have loved that GTO. 74 was a very low production year...that was the year it was built on a (Ventura?) bodystyle and looked like a Nova.

The Solstice GXP coupe makes the 370Z look like a Kia minivan by comparo.

Chris

You would have loved that GTO. 74 was a very low production year...that was the year it was built on a (Ventura?) bodystyle and looked like a Nova.

The Solstice GXP coupe makes the 370Z look like a Kia minivan by comparo.

Chris

I remember back in the '70s-80s seeing a red '74 GTO near my folks' farm in Ohio, parked in a driveway. About 1986 or so it got hit hard in the rear, sat in the driveway another year or so..don't know what ever happened to it.

I really liked the '73, another 1 year only GTO.

Cool thing about the 73 is that of the GTO's it is probably the best "road car" for a trip and probably the best riding GTO built.

Very under rated, and very sad more were not saved.

Chris

Toyota Tercel taxi cab in St. Paul. How much do you need to hate yourself before you'll ride in one of those?

Never seen one of those. I have seen many Prius cabs here in Phx and in Denver. I've ridden in Toyota cabs twice--both in Honolulu--a clean late '90s Lexus LS400 and a ratty late '80s Corolla wagon.

On one stretch out here near Baltimore, I saw a new Camaro (all black), Fusion, and F-150 one after the other.

Also made an observation. The LED DRLs on the Audi A4 don't stay on if the turn signal is on. IOW, left turn signal on = left-side DRL off.