Heated Windshield Washer Fluid

I AM getting sick of the Avalon commercial that seems to be running non-stop now, talking about how its new-fangled auto wipers are just going to change your life and make you feel like a completely new person...YEAH, RIGHT...I guess it has that same affect on you if you bought a CHEVY 5 years ago that had the feature. Anyone got a direct call line for old Toyota corp? I got a real response from GM/Saturn marketing when I complained about one of the horrid first commercials for the Ion when it was introduced, and they really seemed to take what I said seriously. I'd like to see what kind of lame cut n' paste response the 'Yota guys would give about this stupid ad of theirs...

I'd like to see what kind of lame cut n' paste response the 'Yota guys would give about this stupid ad of theirs...

[post="54809"]<{POST_SNAPBACK}>[/post]

Thank you for your interest in the 2006 Toyota Avalon.

Toyota continues to innovate and bring forth new innovations, such as the innovative innovation you've written us about. This innovation is sure to be recognized as one of the most inventive innovations ever innovated.

Enclosed is a 2006 Avalon brochure, a DVD-disc with the automatic windshield wiper commercial looped for 1-hour, and a list of local Toyota retailers who have been provided with your phone number and will begin calling you...now.

Thank you.

The Toyota Team. Oh, what a feeling!

Thank you for your interest in the 2006 Toyota Avalon.

Toyota continues to innovate and bring forth new innovations, such as the innovative innovation you've written us about. This innovation is sure to be recognized as one of the most inventive innovations ever innovated.

Enclosed is a 2006 Avalon brochure, a DVD-disc with the automatic windshield wiper commercial looped for 1-hour, and a list of local Toyota retailers who have been provided with your phone number and will begin calling you...now.

Thank you.

The Toyota Team. Oh, what a feeling!

[post="54885"]<{POST_SNAPBACK}>[/post]

Fly... it's not easy to try and relax yourself before bed and get drowsy when you read something like your post and just LAUGH.

That was beautiful--"... bring forth new innovations, such as innovative innovation...etc." and the looped commercial on DVD. Beautiful, just beautiful!

Okay just saw my first Lucerne CXS at my local Buick dealership today...... THEY CHARGE $100 FOR THE "HEATED WINDSHIELD WASHER FLUID." ARE they CRAZY? Okay maybe $100 is not alot of money.....but I figured something like this would be STD on this $39K Lucerne... AND the car is here in southern California....???????

Okay just saw my first Lucerne CXS at my local Buick dealership today......

THEY CHARGE $100 FOR THE "HEATED WINDSHIELD WASHER FLUID."

ARE they CRAZY?  Okay maybe $100 is not alot of money.....but I figured something like this would be STD on this $39K Lucerne...

AND the car is here in southern California....???????

[post="57608"]<{POST_SNAPBACK}>[/post]

When I see a plastic cup ashtray and cigarette lighter option on a $38,000 Toyota Sienna priced at $98 and a cargo net costing $69, its puts things in perspective. Also, $199 for carpet mats on a $33,000 Avalon. No all-weather mats, but regular floor mats. Should things like that be standard?

When I see a plastic cup ashtray and cigarette lighter option on a $38,000 Toyota Sienna priced at $98 and a cargo net costing $69, its puts things in perspective. Also, $199 for carpet mats on a $33,000 Avalon. No all-weather mats, but regular floor mats. Should things like that be standard?

[post="57948"]<{POST_SNAPBACK}>[/post]

My theory is.....(from a warm-weather climate)

$100 is $100. BUT, if the washer fluid was STD on this $39K car, the $100 would make minimal-to-no impact and the feature would be seen as an added benefit (albeit small benefit.)

However, when it's on the right side, glaring out at you from the options list, it makes me wonder "why am I paying for that?"

No....it's not a deal-breaker......it's just that it doesn't make sense to me why something like that is not standard.....at LEAST on the upmarket versions (CXL and CXS.)

Thank GOD they aren't still putting "4-Speed Automatic" on the back trunklids of Buicks.....

OR, "ABS Anti-Lock-Brakes" around the center caps on Pontiac wheels......

AND, we don't have to look at CTSs and STSs with "Touring Suspension" emblazoned in the rear decklid.

:lol:

[post="53803"]<{POST_SNAPBACK}>[/post]

But... but... FE3 badges are cool!

Ditto. Can't go wrong with FWD + ABS + ETS -or- Stabillitrak -or- PCS (anyone know if this is identical to StabilliTrak?).

[post="58093"]<{POST_SNAPBACK}>[/post]

PCS, or Precision Control System, was the name Oldsmobile used for GM's 2nd generation of Stabilitrak. The 1st gen Stabilitrak was 2-channel. The 2nd gen Stabilitrak is 4-channel.

Floor mats and Vehicle Stability Control are still optional on a $34,000 Avalon limited? :blink:

Floor mats and Vehicle Stability Control are still optional on a $34,000 Avalon limited?  :blink:

[post="58134"]<{POST_SNAPBACK}>[/post]

Yeah, Toyota cheaps out on some of the little things domestic buyers usually take for granted, such as the aforementioned floormats and roadside assstance.