Sign in to follow this  
Followers 0
ocnblu

Chop Request

22 posts in this topic

How about a 2-door version of either of these two Thetas with a sporty roofline? It could sell to young, sporty folks who want something more than a coupe, something less than a 4-door CUV. Make the door a little longer for easier rear seat access, maybe chop the roofline just a tad. It could be cool. Edited by ocnblu

Could be interesting...one thing I'd like to see a chop of would be a 2dr Tahoe..

The GMT900 Tahoe is one of the best looking SUVs ever made, a 2-door could be sweet if it has a proportionate rear overhang. That 800 K5 prototype posted recently looked bad, imo, because of the tiny rear overhang.

The GMT900 Tahoe is one of the best looking SUVs ever made, a 2-door could be sweet if it has a proportionate rear overhang. That 800 K5 prototype posted recently looked bad, imo, because of the tiny rear overhang.

Ya, I love the front of the current Tahoe... one of those in a 2dr body with big side glass similar to the '92-99 K-Blazer/Tahoe 2dr would be so sweet....

First attempt. Shortened wheelbase, longer doors, more raked rear window.

equinox2dr.jpg

Edited by §carlet §wordfish

Well Holy Toledo Mr. Swordfish, that looks great, and even calls to mind the old last-gen 2-door S-10 Blazer. Thanks a lot!

That was what I had in mind. Glad you like it. I'll do something with the Terrain if I have time.

First attempt. Shortened wheelbase, longer doors, more raked rear window.

equinox2dr.jpg

Nice chop work there Scarlet Swordfish... but GM already did their homework on this subject a couple of years back:

X06CC_ST004.jpg

Saturn_Prevue_Concept_exrrpass34.jpg

(2006 Saturn Prevue Concept)

Can you work on a current Tahoe or Yukon 2-door chop???

That was what I had in mind. Glad you like it. I'll do something with the Terrain if I have time.

While you did an excellent job with the Equinox, I'm patiently waiting for your GMC Terrain 2-door chop :AH-HA_wink:

I always wished the 2 door SUV market hadn't disappeared...I like the look of that Equinox. As far as the PreVue goes, it was a much more attractive proposition than the a production Vue...

Agreed, Mr. 06. I'd be much more apt to buy a small, 2 dr SUV/CUV than a 4 door.

WIP

terrain.jpg

I need to get more proficient at Photoshop. AppleWorks just ain't cutting it.

DUDE. SWEET. Thank you sir.

WIP

Looks way better in 2-door form. I think it's because the GMC's design is so blocky: a cube-like shape fits better than the production model's longer shape.

WIP

terrain.jpg

No reflection upon your work, but it's like putting lipstick on a pig ...

Which shade are you wearing today?

Other than the big chrome bar over the grille, I think it looks perfectly fine. It has proper, purposeful SUV looks.

WIP

terrain.jpg

Great job! I like it a lot, but if it were produced I'd still go with the 4-door just for the practicality (family & adult friend needs). The rear glass area reminds me of the '92-'97 GMC Yukon 2-door (which is a good thing!). Keep up the great work :thumbsup:

Can you work on a current Tahoe or Yukon 2-door chop???

I tried my hand at one on the "other" forum and it didn't go over very well, but since nobody's posted one here, here it is.

post-1683-1250095658.jpg

Thanks for posting that here Slideways. Overall, I like it a lot, though the rear fender flare looks "off". Fix that and you've gota winner!!

I think it's just that the wheelbase is a little too short, as the flare seems to intrude on the door. Push the rear wheel back just a tad and you have a winner.

I'm a proud member of the 2dr SUV fan club. The proportions just look so much better than the plethora of Mommy-mobiles being pushed on us today.

Your content will need to be approved by a moderator

You are commenting as a guest. If you have an account, please sign in.
Reply to this topic...

×   You have pasted content with formatting.   Remove formatting

×   Your link has been automatically embedded.   Display as a link instead

Sign in to follow this  
Followers 0