What Car Would You Buy?

HarleyEarl

I keep fogetig to mention, I too think the current gen. M45 is one fo the nicest Japanese cars ever made!

Posted Image

Posted Image

The resemblance to my Datsun (it's closest ancestor from 1984) is uncanny! :P :lol:

Posted Image

Too bad it does not talk in a Nonthreatening Female voice like my Bitchin Datsun!

Well... this was too damn hard so I put them into groups. There were no posts when I did this. Right when I was about finished after looking and thinking for an hour or two, my stupid-f**king-stupid-f**king-retarded-motherf**king-piece-of-crap computer decided it would have a fatal error and go 'ka-put'. Nice, huh? It's lying outside my window smashed all to hell...

GM:
-Low end Coupe: Pontiac G6 GTP
-Low end Sedan: Pontiac G6 GTP
-Low end Conv: Pontiac Solstice
-Low end Hatch/Wagon: Saab 9-2x
-Low end Used**: Pontiac Fiero GT
-High end Coupe: Pontiac GTO
-High end Sedan: Cadillac CTS-v
-High end Conv: Chevrolet Corvette
-High end Hatch/Wagon: Saab 9-3 SportCombi
-High end Used: Pontiac Firebird

DCX:
-Low end Coupe: N/A*
-Low end Sedan: Dodge Neon SRT4
-Low end Conv: N/A
-Low end Hatch/Wagon: Chrysler PT Cruiser GT
-Low end Used: Eagle Talon
-High end Coupe: Chrysler Crossfire SRT6
-High end Sedan: Dodge Charger SRT8
-High end Conv: Chrysler Crossfire SRT6
-High end Hatch/Wagon: Dodge Magnum SRT8
-High end Used: Dodge Stealth

Ford:
-Low end Coupe: Mazda RX8
-Low end Sedan: Mazda6
-Low end Conv: Mazda MX5
-Low end Hatch/Wagon: Mazda3
-Low end Used: Ford Probe
-High end Coupe: Ford Mustang GT
-High end Sedan: Volvo S60R
-High end Conv: Ford Mustang GT
-High end Hatch/Wagon: Volvo V50
-High end Used: Ford Mustang

Euro:
-Coupe: Mini Cooper s
-Sedan: Audi A4
-Conv: Porshe Boxster
-Hatch/Wagon: Audi A3
-Used: VW Corrado

Asain:
-Honda:
--Coupe: Acura RSX Type-S
--Sedan: Acura TSX
--Conv: Honda S2000
--Hatch/Wagon: N/A
--Used: Honda Prelude
-Nissan:
--Coupe: Infiniti G35
--Sedan: Nissan Altima SE-R
--Conv: Nissan 350Z
--Hatch/Wagon: N/A
--Used: Nissan 240SX
-Toyota:
--Coupe: Scion tC
--Sedan: Lexus IS350
--Conv: N/A
--Hatch/Wagon: Toyota Matrix
--Used: Toyota Celica
-Other:
-- Coupe: Mitsubishi Eclipse GT
--Sedan: Mitsubishi Lancer EVO IX
-- Conv: N/A
-- Hatch/Wagon: Subaru Impreza WRX
-- Used: Subaru Impreza WRX coupe

Korean:
-Coupe: Hyundai Tiburon
-Sedan: Hyundai Sonata
-Conv: N/A
-Hatch/Wagon: N/A
-Used: N/A

You see... I love cars way too much to be that goddamn vague. :D

(* Means that there weren't any to pick from or wasn't any I'd want)
(** Means that this is for vehicles that I can currently afford) Edited by blackviper8891

The resemblance to my Datsun (it's closest ancestor from 1984) is uncanny! :P :lol:

[post="50070"][/post]

It's a direct descendant of the Cedric and Gloria, which has existed dating back to the 60s.
Posted Image
Posted Image
Posted Image
Posted Image
^closest the Maxima gets to anything the US made in the same period.
Posted Image
Posted Image
Posted Image
Posted Image

I would not consider any new domestic car,truck or van because of their reliability is suspect. Other reasons such as very poor resale values and Detroit lacks the resources to compete with Japan,Korea and Europe. Why couldn't Pontiac recreate the GTO from a G6 platform instead of using a Holden from Australia.? The car is almost as ugly as the AZTEK. Why is Ford letting it's Mercury Division lanquish? They need an entry level version of the Focus, a Mercury version of the Mustang, use the Milan then blackout the chrome,supercharge its engine and rename it Cyclone or Maurader. Why is Chrysler still relying heavily on its pick-up and SUV models? They discontinued the Neon. The Neon was an inferior attempt by Chrysler to compete with the Asian imports. Utilize the Mitsubishi Lancer by changing the front and rear treatment and rebadge if they can not afford to produce a new model. Gasoline prices are dropping but any disruption from the Middle East or a refinery down for maintenance will drive prices skyworld just like when the Hurricanes struck the Gulf Coast. I would consider purchasing the Hyundai Azera Limited. Hyundai has come a long way since the Excel model was imported in the mid-eighties. Their warranty is first rate. This is my choice for Asian. For European model I would consider the Volvo XC90.

It's a direct descendant of the Cedric and Gloria, which has existed dating back to the 60s.

^closest the Maxima gets to anything the US made in the same period.

Yup... same as the Gloria, Cedric and others get rebadged as Datsuns and Infinitis outside of Japan to this day. (M45)

But you know what is interesting is they added like 7" to the front clip of my car for the US market so it would accomodate the 2.4 liter I6... since we Ameru-kahns like our extra cubic inches and woudl frown upon a four banger car trying to aspire to be luxurious. :)