Server Move In Progress - Read More ×

Pontiac for sale afterall?

Pontiac has no dealer network.

Wilmington is CLOSING which means no more Solstice, which means 50% of the unique models Pontiac sells no wouldn't be available for Pontiac to sell.

So why would anyone bother buying the brand?

Who knows, maybe you guys will get your wish and Pontiac will be saved, then we'll see this as the Solstice 2.0

geely_gt_2nd.jpg

With the amount of money it would take to get GM to agree to that, and to pay to federalize Holden's lineup, you'd be looking at a bankrupt Pontiac in a couple of years.

It would take alot of money, no doubt.

But the Holden Zetas are already at US spec, so not so much as would be the case otherwise.

And, I'm sick of no one even trying to get something right anymore and just settling for half-assed.

And, I'm sick of no one even trying to get something right anymore and just settling for half-assed.

I agree completely.

Our whole society has seemingly given up and decided to become a half assed society. We have no one to blame for our decline but ourselves.

Chris

Yep and the Fiero is coming back too! LOL!

If anyone is dumb enoiugh to buy Pontiac let em have them. I can't see the Chinese goverment letting this one pass if they are already questioning the Hummer sale.

Out side China no one is stupid enough to make a more like this. Saturn was more a dealer network and the the present cars are just a hold over. Pontiac for the most has one car anyone will be able to sell for more than a few years. Nothing else. You would be better off starting your own company.

The problem as I see it is that with each passing day GM lays off more designers and engeneers, closes more stores and more brands, etc.

They are in one sense killing the very tools they need to regroup.

Chris

Yep and the Fiero is coming back too! LOL!

If anyone is dumb enoiugh to buy Pontiac let em have them. I can't see the Chinese goverment letting this one pass if they are already questioning the Hummer sale.

Out side China no one is stupid enough to make a more like this. Saturn was more a dealer network and the the present cars are just a hold over. Pontiac for the most has one car anyone will be able to sell for more than a few years. Nothing else. You would be better off starting your own company.

You have to start somewhere, and be willing to start in the first place.

It might actually be good for GM to have someone buy a brand and make it work - maybe they'd finally get their act together.

Anyway, I hope someone does take a run at this - and wins.

Come on you are smarter and better informed than this. We have got enough nuts that still think the Fiero is coming back. Not please don't you go over the edge. Net thing you will get a B pullar hang up. LOL!

Ah, yes, PCS your indeed my savior my friend.

I'll take a blue 68 firebird 400 ragtop, blue interior, blue top, power steering, with a 4 speed please.

The Early Firebird has got to be one of the neatest and most under rated GM cars. My apologies to Camino and his Firehawks and the GTO guys and Balthazar with his full size stuff....

I want a 67-68 Firebird, Dammit man....

Chris

Edited by 66Stang

I think he just hopes someone takes a run at saving Pontiac.

Chris

It is clear what he is hoping for. But there is no hope.

One needs to deal with the reality that even if someone was crazy enough to buy Pontiac the rate of failure is high. I call this the Malcolm Bricklin factor.

Who in their right mind would buy Pontiac? You'd have to snort a hundred kilo's of cocaine to think it's a good business decision.

And, unfortunately for some, the only guy with Pontiac in his blood and a boatload of cocaine to traffic died a few years ago.

It is clear what he is hoping for. But there is no hope.

One needs to deal with the reality that even if someone was crazy enough to buy Pontiac the rate of failure is high. I call this the Malcolm Bricklin factor.

I am just sick to death of hearing that there is no hope for anything of value.

If someone gives this a try, I intend to cheer for them.

That's all.

If they fail, so what?

At least they had the balls to try.

Edited by Camino LS6

I am just sick to death of hearing that there is no hope for anything of value.

If someone gives this a try, I intend to cheer for them.

That's all.

Actually you may need to take a step back for a minute. My wife and three youngest children went to a really nice art show Sunday. It was nice seeing beauty in the world. There is value, there is worth, there is hope.

Don't give up yet.

Chris

I don't think anyone is hearing me on this one...

Oh well.

I am hearing you. I would do anything to save Pontiac. Don't think it's gonna happen...so I'm looking elsewhere for inspiration right now because if I think too much about what's going on I am going to get angry and depressed and it just ain't gonna be good.

Chris

What if the Australian government decided to buy the Pontiac name, then offer the dealerships it's HOLDEN cars to sell excess capacity from the plants - but the whole line up this time? The ST, the Sportwagen, the Statesman and the Caprice - everything in the Holden bin. You think THAT would work?

What if the Australian government decided to buy the Pontiac name, then offer the dealerships it's HOLDEN cars to sell excess capacity from the plants - but the whole line up this time? The ST, the Sportwagen, the Statesman and the Caprice - everything in the Holden bin. You think THAT would work?

If its the Aussie gov'ment, why stop at Holden... Sell Aussie-built Ford Falcons, too.

It would be a place to start.

Or we can talk some rich relitive to buy Pontiac for us and when they lose all their money we ask the goverment for a bail out and sell the prototype on e bay like the 1999 Packard they are selling presently. Or sell coke to goverment agents oh never mind it has been tried.

That is wha is wrong with this place it is all Pontiac but no one cares about Packard! There is a big market for Packard out there I just know it but no one has the go nads to try. Better yet Dusenberg. It has failed how many times and no one is willing to try again I wonder why?

Or we can talk some rich relitive to buy Pontiac for us and when they lose all their money we ask the goverment for a bail out and sell the prototype on e bay like the 1999 Packard they are selling presently. Or sell coke to goverment agents oh never mind it has been tried.

That is wha is wrong with this place it is all Pontiac but no one cares about Packard! There is a big market for Packard out there I just know it but no one has the go nads to try. Better yet Dusenberg. It has failed how many times and no one is willing to try again I wonder why?

Pontiac was once the 3rd largest brand in the US, and when it was killed, it was still GM's 3rd best selling brand. And Packard wasn't just killed this year. Pontiac still had a ton of potential that went to waste.

C'mon man!

That has to be your worst post ever.

And Packard wasn't just killed this year. Pontiac still had a ton of potential that went to waste.

+1 Bigtime. Let's piss away our heritage completely and then build from scratch. It's got to work at least as well as the last time GM tried that play...

Chris