mustang84

2010 Taurus trickling into dealerships

I know it will never happen, but i would love to see a black, limited edition Mercury version of this car - call it the Marauder.

Another thing - this car has an executive look that big Ford sedans like the LTD used to have. The Taurus name almost seems kind of weird on this car.

Edited by mustang84

It's hard to believe that the 2010 Taurus isn't too far removed from this:

2006%20Ford%20500%20-%20large.jpg

Saw one in person in Royal Oaks, Mi on Friday, also in black. It is quite a looker vehicle.

Ford has done a good job for this FWD machinery.

Wasn't aware you could get a Northstar engine in one...

I think it looks great. An Ecoboost four-cylinder would rock.

I think it looks extremely upscale, especially in that color in that photo. You could throw a Lincoln badge on there and get away with it. It's design is so much more refined than anything else in Ford's lineup. Sure the Fusion looks good, but I find the detailing of the Taurus to be superior, which is fine, since this slots above the Fusion anyway.

It's a big, brawny American beauty, and I agree with mustang, it is a return to a certain Ford aura of authority in their big sedan, a most welcome development. It's a shame there is no Marquis equivalent, of course. I was always a fan of the Hawaii Five-O style badass big black Mercury.

The Fusion wears a Gillette front-end, this has the electric razor front-end :smilewide:

J/K, looks great in black with that contrasting chrome.

This bit of the article made me :lol: though:

Tracy Schweitzer took the opportunity Thursday to look over the new Taurus with salesman John Thompson.

Schweitzer said he's attracted by the Northstar engine's good gas mileage.

Northstar? Did I miss something re Ford's engine names? Edited by ZL-1

I LOVE this car.

And given the high end level of build quality, refinement and polish, monster interior/trunk space, and even fuel economy the 1st round D3 500/Taurus have shown, it stands to be a killer car. I'd buy this over any competing GM model right now, no doubt at all. It's a big FWD (or AWD) sedan done beyond well.

Given that I haven't even seen one in person let alone touched/driven, that goes to say a lot. I wish we only had an Impala or something from GM that could even compete.

Five-year development cycle on one platform. He's not wrong.

Nothing wrong with that..this car is a total restyle inside and out from the previous Five Hundred/Taurus, and substantially changed underneath.

Compare that to the Impala--which had a total restyle for '06 of a design that came out for '00, on a platform that is much older.

Edited by Cubical-aka-Moltar

the 08/09 taurus is a good car. much more solid than a camry or accord, and not more money than those comparably equipped. now the 010 has the style to go with and basically you kind of are foolish to buy a well equipped accord or camry over a taurus now.

This bit of the article made me :lol: though:

Northstar? Did I miss something re Ford's engine names?

+1 Agreed. :rotflmao: Never knew GM was selling the Northstar Engine into the Ford Taurus. Maybe that is the new SHO version now. :sign0200:

:rotflmao:

Personally, I do not like the look, just does nothing for me, the front just seems void of any style and has this bling ugly center mouth. The wheels I would hate as they have those small, cannot get a normal or big hand in the crack to wash problem. The rest of it just is BLAH to me. I will pass on this car like all the past versions.

+1 Agreed. :rotflmao: Never knew GM was selling the Northstar Engine into the Ford Taurus. Maybe that is the new SHO version now. :sign0200:

:rotflmao:

Personally, I do not like the look, just does nothing for me, the front just seems void of any style and has this bling ugly center mouth. The wheels I would hate as they have those small, cannot get a normal or big hand in the crack to wash problem. The rest of it just is BLAH to me. I will pass on this car like all the past versions.

I haven't seen you like anything that wasn't an SUV (unless I missed a post of yours saying you liked the Camaro or something). So you know...

Yet you love the Terrain, so that says a lot. :P

Your content will need to be approved by a moderator

You are commenting as a guest. If you have an account, please sign in.
Reply to this topic...

×   Pasted as rich text.   Paste as plain text instead

Only 75 emoticons maximum are allowed.

×   Your link has been automatically embedded.   Display as a link instead

×   Your previous content has been restored.   Clear editor

×   You cannot paste images directly. Upload or insert images from URL.

About us

CheersandGears.com - Founded 2001

We  Cars

Get in touch

Follow us

Recent tweets

facebook