Sign in to follow this  
Followers 0
NewsFeeder

AutoBlog: BREAKING: Swedish TV reports Koenigsegg buying Saab

12 posts in this topic

We don't have much to go on yet, but Swedish television is reportedly claiming that Koenigsegg, makers of ultra high-performance exotic supercars, and a group of Norwegian investors have signed a letter of intent with Saab to take over the brand from General Motors. Final negotiations will reportedly take place in the coming months.

Along with Saturn and Hummer, Saab was put up for sale by GM before the automaker filed for Chapter 11 bankruptcy. Many companies and investor groups from all over the world, including China, were reportedly interested in the Swedish brand, and despite how crazy it sounds, Koenigsegg was thrown into the list of finalists late last month. What we thought was crazy has reportedly come to pass.

Do you think Koenigsegg and Saab, two automotive brands that share a home country and sell completely different kinds of cars, will work well together? Let us know in the poll below and we'll keep you updated as the story unfolds.

Cool..maybe they will do a deal to link Saab dealers w/ IKEA stores. Emphasize the Swedishness.

That would be terrific for Saab and Saab fans.

If true, this is very exciting. Koenigsegg makes some insane machines and I think they'll let Saab live up to its true potential.

hmmm suddenly i want to learn swedish hehe maybe they will build the car to go after bmw and merc in the years to come.

This is a match made in heaven. I think a lot of SAAB fans will be genuinely pleased about this. I can't wait to see what Koenigsegg has in store for the company.

First of all, my concerns: Hopefully those Norwegian pocket are really DEEP, and hopefully the SAAB management team will stay in place, as Koenigsegg has no management expertise to apply to a company the size of SAAB.

Now the good part: they probably were the contenders with the most long-term commitment to SAAB's success, so.... WHOOHOO!!! :dance:

Do I hear rear wheel drive Saab with a V8? I'd put that in my vehicle choices. :)

Saab Sonnet here we come!

Saab Sonnet here we come!

:scratchchin:

I think I'd like a smaller than 9-3 model to be a modern iteration of the Sonett, i.e. small sporty hatch/coupe to go straight after the MINI and the MiTo... it could even be a four seater, which would most likely sell more than a two seater.

EDIT - I wouldn't like a Sonett to be based on a Y-body or a Koenigsegg chassis, though.

Edited by ZL-1

Do I hear rear wheel drive Saab with a V8? I'd put that in my vehicle choices. :)

was the 9-7x close enough for ya? LOL ok, so it was ALL wheel drive........

Your content will need to be approved by a moderator

You are commenting as a guest. If you have an account, please sign in.
Reply to this topic...

×   You have pasted content with formatting.   Remove formatting

×   Your link has been automatically embedded.   Display as a link instead

×   Your previous content has been restored.   Clear editor

Sign in to follow this  
Followers 0