Sign in to follow this  
Followers 0
NewsFeeder

AutoBlog: First Drive: 2010 Chevrolet Equinox ushers in New GM era

10 posts in this topic

Filed under: Crossovers/CUVs, Chevrolet, First Drive

2010equinoxfd002_opt.jpg
2010 Chevy Equinox - Click above for high-res image gallery

The Chevrolet Equinox has never really been a loser in the compact crossover segment, but it has also never really been a leader, either. It was always just kind of "okay," with milquetoast styling, so-so performance and reasonable roominess, but never anything really attention grabbing. Coming just a week after General Motors filed for Chapter 11 bankruptcy protection, Chevrolet General Manager Ed Peper officially introduced the all-new 2010 Chevy Equinox as the first product of the "New General Motors," and it's clear that the company hopes their new baby is able to grab a much larger share of this burgeoning segment.

Among other things, the Equinox gets all new powertrains, including an available four-cylinder engine for the first time. Both the four and the new 3.0-liter V6 have direct fuel injection and are paired up with six-speed automatic transmissions. In fact, everything about the Equinox is new. Apparently the only major component carried over from the old model is the sunroof module. Everything else has been reworked or replaced. We had the opportunity to spend some seat time with both the four-cylinder and V6 models with front- and all-wheel drive. Find out if the Equinox finally has what it takes to be more than just competitive after the jump.

Photos Copyright ©2009 Sam Abuelsamid / Weblogs, Inc.

Continue reading First Drive: 2010 Chevrolet Equinox ushers in New GM era

First Drive: 2010 Chevrolet Equinox ushers in New GM era originally appeared on Autoblog on Thu, 11 Jun 2009 11:57:00 EST. Please see our terms for use of feeds.

Permalink | Email this | Comments

di
di

autoblog?i=g1BBivPOOL8:Uo9u8TKsmZ8:wF9xT autoblog?i=g1BBivPOOL8:Uo9u8TKsmZ8:V_sGL
g1BBivPOOL8

View the full article

This is worth checking out just for the excellent photo gallery. Quite a looker, and a nice interior to boot.

This is all great news about the press acceptance of the new Equinox. I can't wait for them to get their hands on the GMC Terrain, though I think they'll be more critical of it's 'assertive' styling. I'm happy to see GM finally make a CUV worth buying and can't wait until both the Equinox and Terrain hit the dealers lots for me to test drive them.

:unsure: Not really Impressed, I actually Like the GMC way better. THis just looks boring like every other CUV out there especially the ugly boring ones by the Asian car companies. I really hope this is much better like the story says and sells well.

Personally, I will take the Polarizing GMC Version. I would rather have a Love / Hate vehicle than a bland, blends into the background Auto.

Too bad the Terrain was not more Arcadia like. It is butt ugly.

The Nox I saw in the Red Jewel coat really stands out and looks more expensive than it really is. It gives that old more for your money feeling Chevy used to have.

This Equinox is an Awesome vehicle. So different from anything we were used to. The interface with the radio, and HVAC system is leaps better than the old din system GM used for so long. I love the available rear hatch, back up camera and swtich-blade key. This definitly is ushering in a new era of GM vehicles. Japanese vehicles should look out because here we come!!!

My dealership has done quite well with these so far even though with the current incentives we are quite a bit more $$$ then the Escape, Rogue and others.

I put a video of an Equinox 2LT on my website. I just got the camera so its a little hacky but I will get better.

Equinox Video at www.mark-petz.com

Welcome to the jungle, Mr. Petz.

I got to spend sometime today with the Nox. It is very nice and a great improvment. I still need to drive one to see how it measures up on the road.

I also need to measure the rear area to see how much room it has I need little more than six feet of space from the closed rear door and the front seats.

I checked on out at the dealership the other day.

It looks nice, but it's pretty organic and boring. Just cements my inclination that I will like the Terrain a lot more.

On the plus side, my mom LOVED it. And that's probably the market that this ute should be appealing to anyway.

Your content will need to be approved by a moderator

You are commenting as a guest. If you have an account, please sign in.
Reply to this topic...

×   You have pasted content with formatting.   Remove formatting

×   Your link has been automatically embedded.   Display as a link instead

Sign in to follow this  
Followers 0