• Welcome Guest!

Founded in 2001, CheersandGears.com is one of the oldest continuously running automotive enthusiast communities on the net. 

Sign in to follow this  
NewsFeeder

AutoBlog: Lotus Blossoms: U.S. Evora specs leaked

Filed under: Coupes, Sports/GTs, Lotus

lotus-evora-live-580-1.jpg
2010 Lotus Evora - Click above for high-res gallery

With there having been so much continued hubbub over the forthcoming Esprit replacement, you would think that enthusiasts have already forgotten that we have a new Lotus in our midst, the 2010 Evora. That's a shame, because judging by the U.S. specs provided by our friends at Lotusenthusiast.net, it looks to be a corker.

According to their specs, the Evora will weigh just over 3,000 pounds (3,046.8 - but who's counting?), and its Toyota-sourced 3.5-liter engine will marshal its 276 horsepower and 258 pound-feet of torque to get its mid-engined self to 60 mph in a tidy 4.9 seconds. Keep rowing through those six gears and pushing the right-most pedal, and the Evora will apparently top out at 162 mph. Every bit as important is news that the lithe little Lotus will grind to a halt from 60 mph in just 110.2 feet, a distance firmly in the ballpark of a Porsche 911.

No word yet on pricing, but we hope to get our crack at a U.S.-spec Evora soon. In the meantime, head on over to LE for the full monty.

Gallery: Lotus Evora

bims08lotusevora_1_thumbnail.jpgbims08lotusevora_2_thumbnail.jpglotus-2010-evora-silver-front-quarter-st000_evoralotus_thumbnail.jpg001_evoralotus_thumbnail.jpg

[source LotusEnthusiast]

Lotus Blossoms: U.S. Evora specs leaked originally appeared on Autoblog on Thu, 11 Jun 2009 15:59:00 EST. Please see our terms for use of feeds.

Permalink | Email this | Comments

di
di

autoblog?i=WUFbMlsdv5g:6b1jp_p6dZQ:wF9xT autoblog?i=WUFbMlsdv5g:6b1jp_p6dZQ:V_sGL
WUFbMlsdv5g

View the full article

I wish Lotus would stop using Toyota sourced engines. They would be 100x more desirable if they used engines from almost any other manufacturer.

I'm a fan of Lotus cars and I don't like it. I just saw a (current) picture of one of our high school cheerleaders that I hadn't seen since graduation.

Both she and the Lotus above are becoming...to be diplomatic...a lot more Impala like. And not in a good way.

Chris

Ugh! Use Honda engines ffs! Lotus cars are just screaming for a high revving fun engine. Not some Toyota engine.

I think a Honda or Audi engine would suit this car perfectly. Audi's 2.0L turbo would be a nice engine for the Elise too.

I think a Honda or Audi engine would suit this car perfectly. Audi's 2.0L turbo would be a nice engine for the Elise too.

Not being a GM fanboy, but DI 3.6 and LNF 2.0T would be good.

Your content will need to be approved by a moderator

You are commenting as a guest. If you have an account, please sign in.
Reply to this topic...

×   Pasted as rich text.   Paste as plain text instead

Only 75 emoji are allowed.

×   Your link has been automatically embedded.   Display as a link instead

×   Your previous content has been restored.   Clear editor

×   You cannot paste images directly. Upload or insert images from URL.

Sign in to follow this  

About us

CheersandGears.com - Founded 2001

We ♥ Cars

Get in touch

Follow us

Recent tweets

facebook