GM CEO Secures $4.6 Million Pension Despite LayOff

Guest Josh

Newsmax is fairly well know right wing funded rag.  Don't blame Josh if he got suckered.  These people are unreliable and that's charitable.

[post="50803"]<{POST_SNAPBACK}>[/post]

Again, this isnt to say I got suckered. I ran with something, gave a source link from the partial posting I did. Folks from other sites saw what we were running, sourced a news story from a source they've never sourced before simply because C&G ran with it, which seems to happen a lot.

If the story is false, then so be it. I'd fully expect somebody from GM in an official manner come out publically to state the news story is false. It's worse to act like it does not exist than acknowledge it's existance and let it go on like this and have negative sentiment grow towards the company.

I love GM and would never intentionally (sp?) say anything daming to the company that still, to this day continues to provide a roof over my head.

I think changing the title of this thread to the one Angry Dad suggested is probably a good idea. Just look at the activity here, from page 1 the reasonable voice was already saying this article was probably not true, and still people were falling in the trap. everybody is ready to hang wagoner at the neck, let's be fair to this man.

While I have no direct link to answer the truthfulness of the information specifically regarding Wagoner's possible pension, ...it surely should be no surprise to anyone that CEO's/boards are doing this.
Here's a link to an article: http://moneycentral.msn.com/content/P119362.asp

...and another from Time: (although now you have to pay $1.99 to read the full online article. It's from the October issue of Time magazine, ...get a copy it's worth reading.)
http://www.time.com/time/archive/preview/0...1122017,00.html

(as to avoid the questions, ...read the article(s), ...come to your own conclusions, I'm simply offering a source for a related topic)

...to add, ...I work for IBM. I'm not going to dig for the specific weblinks/sources, ...but trust me, ...when Lou Gerstner left IBM he did so with a very lucrative pension, stock options, etc. All at a time (when employees like myself) lost the old pension, ...and may never see any healthcare benefits. I understand when businesses have tough times, they have to make cuts, ...but for CEO's to walk off with millions, ...while the 'regular' employees are losing pensions etc., ...it's just not right.

...just my 2 cents :AH-HA_wink: Edited by KevinK

Guest buickman
As Share Goes Bye You must remember this, A loss is just a loss. The pie is still in the sky. Fundamental marketing will apply, As share goes bye. And when Toyota's up by two, We only get Daewoo, On Rick Wagoner we can't rely. No matter what the economy brings, As share goes bye. Rebates and confusion, way out of date, Execs full of themselves, ready for their fate, Buyers want self image, hope its not too late, For its that we must supply. It's still the same old story, The flight of sales and glory, A case of change or die. The world will always respect a winner, As share goes bye. Best played in S(as in sales)Flat. Edited by buickman

Guest buickman
We don't use TV or newspaper, limited radio, a few billboards and bus benches. Less than $100 per car with less than a 30 day turn. It's called word of mouth and profit.