LAIAS 2006 (Part 1)

Croc

OK are we actually going to do this? If so we need to pick a date that everyone can attend. I can only do the last week of it, and preferably on that Friday (no classes; free all day). We really should make it work; it would be fun. I'm in, who else?

the 13th is bad for me... I fly out of SD to go to NAIAS.

[post="50181"]<{POST_SNAPBACK}>[/post]

Give me the details on your arrival, etc. Although with our coverage of the debut at the show you'll feel right at home before hand. :CG_all:

dang AAS,
everybody get in here and list when you can go

i am available starting jan 11- end of the show. Let's get a date where as many people can go as possible, and let's try to make it where people are available the whole day.

[post="50289"]<{POST_SNAPBACK}>[/post]

I guess I could still do the 13th... I just have to be back in SD by 7pm

Friday the 13th sounds like the day to be...

[post="50361"]<{POST_SNAPBACK}>[/post]

Wow... so I'm going to spend the 13th at the LAIAS and the 14th at the NAIAS. Two days full of walking and cars... that's gonna kick ass! (besides the walking part)

I won't be going, I live in KY, but what do you guys expect there. Josh said on CZ28 that this will be the Pontiac show. Saturn and Hummer also use LA to show off new models, typically. I wonder if this is where the RWD Pontiac sedan will show up? Would be a REAL big suprise since everyone is concentrating on the Camaro at NAIAS.

You could always rent one of those scooters for handicapped people...

[post="50446"]<{POST_SNAPBACK}>[/post]

:lol:

maybe I will... that way people will have to get out of my way, and I can get the best views (and pictures) of all the good stuff

I don't think it'll be the G6 convertible since they've already debuted it long ago, and a little while back Josh found out a new production Pontiac will be on the circuit this year. There will almost definitely be a new car there, but what it is is obviously left to be seen.

tickets are around $10, i beleive, and no you don't have to worry about buying them ahead of time. I just hope whatever day we end up going on, it's not a zoo, because LAIAS on an extremely busy day is the most congested I've probably ever felt in my life.

dang AAS,
everybody get in here and list when you can go

i am available starting jan 11- end of the show. Let's get a date where as many people can go as possible, and let's try to make it where people are available the whole day.

[post="50289"]<{POST_SNAPBACK}>[/post]

I can go ANY day.....if you're available as of 1-11, then I'll stick with you Turbo....

I don't leave for NAIAS until Wednesday night, 1-19-05.

Nah it isn't a dig at you...though it is a slight dig at someone else. I am warning you though...prepare to spend some time in the Mercury section. I'm gonna be a little b!tch about that just fyi. After doing the marketing research for my paper on Mercury...I want to do some "field research" of my own...those new Mercury vehicles are great, and if it's true the Milan might be getting a Hybrid version in a year or so I might have to consider it, or a Mariner Hybrid, as a car... Edited by Croc

Nah it isn't a dig at you...though it is a slight dig at someone else.

I am warning you though...prepare to spend some time in the Mercury section.  I'm gonna be a little b!tch about that just fyi.  After doing the marketing research for my paper on Mercury...I want to do some "field research" of my own...those new Mercury vehicles are great, and if it's true the Milan might be getting a Hybrid version in a year or so I might have to consider it, or a Mariner Hybrid, as a car...

[post="51375"]<{POST_SNAPBACK}>[/post]

hmmm... like 5 minutes? 10 minutes? I don't think I could take much more then that... :P

I am warning you though...prepare to spend some time in the Mercury section.  I'm gonna be a little b!tch about that just fyi.  After doing the marketing research for my paper on Mercury...I want to do some "field research" of my own...those new Mercury vehicles are great, and if it's true the Milan might be getting a Hybrid version in a year or so I might have to consider it, or a Mariner Hybrid, as a car...

:lol: :lol:

okay, but be prepared, you are entering a world of strong convictions and standards, we are all very opinionated here :P

:lol:  :lol:

okay, but be prepared, you are entering a world of strong convictions and standards, we are all very opinionated here :P

[post="51394"]<{POST_SNAPBACK}>[/post]

Good! BRING ON THE SNARK! If anyone even remotely expects me to gush over much of anything he will be sorely mistaken...I am incredibly nit-picky at car shows.

For as long as I've remember, the Mercury section of LAIAS has always been pretty-much-deserted. It's right up there with Saab, Suzuki, and Isuzu for having the smallest crowds.

I'm not sure what day I'm going yet. My sister is going media day as a designer. Chris Bangle is going to be guest speaker at one of the conferences...

For as long as I've remember, the Mercury section of LAIAS has always been pretty-much-deserted. It's right up there with Saab, Suzuki, and Isuzu for having the smallest crowds.

I'm not sure what day I'm going yet. My sister is going media day as a designer. Chris Bangle is going to be guest speaker at one of the conferences...

[post="51558"]<{POST_SNAPBACK}>[/post]

But now they have the Mariner Hybrid. I've seen a Milan or two near campus...which is one or two more than I was expecting to see in 2005.

• 2 weeks later...