You and your passion for cars

Not much in classic car shows here--that's more of a winter thing here, it seems. The biggest car-related thing I've done this month was watching alot of the 24 hrs of LeMans race on Speed this weekend, watched the Turkish Grand Prix last weekend, going to watch the British Grand Prix next weekend. Fun, but too passive and fattening--beer, wings, and racing on a big screen tv :)

...that's my kind of way to get fat.

Chris

...that's my kind of way to get fat.

Chris

And I didn't even get in the pool. Too easy to sit in front of the tv with the laptop and surf while watching motorsport. And next weekend is the British GP. Going to get in some pool time, though.

Having only laptops makes too much 'puting too easy. Got to step away from the keyboard and stop hibernating.

Rob

I hear you. I just came back from the pool, took my 13 year old daughter, my 11 year old son, my 8 year old daughter, and Sienna, their 12 year old friend.

Pooltime can be addicting.

Chris

Why thank you, for whatever it is you do at the "ultimate" :AH-HA_wink:

As for me this month, keeping the G8 spotless as much as possible, re-doing my detailing routine for it at some point with a switch over to everything Zaino inside and out, roadtrip back up to PA again soon for the rest of my suspension install (struts & shocks were TBD last trip/install), a possible roadtrip short or long to a car show or club gathering locally or a bit farther depending on what's going on...and continued searching for a big career/life change in a field in the automotive world, in whatever form. We'll see how it goes, for all of this.

The blue color is the best color for that car...good to hear yours is getting some love. I've passed a lot of them on the road...it is just sooo stupid that GM is getting rid of this thing...

Chris

• 5 weeks later...
So what is everyone else doing this month to enjoy your car hobby?

So ... how has the last month or so gone for everyone?

My older 4 Monte Carlos (1972, 1976, 1979, 1981) FINALLY made their 2009 debut, Sunday, June 14, after my hernia-repair-forced "rest" the last weekend of May (a GORGEOUS weekend, btw) and a rainy first weekend of June. All 4 of them started with NO problems, and that day, I drove each of them ~30 miles.

And, with drives, Monday, June 29 (an extra day off due to the MC Nationals), Friday, July 3 (July 4 Holiday weekend), and Sunday, July 5, of ~30, ~50, and ~45 miles respectively, I've now driven each of them OVER 150 miles already this year ... with a LOT more driving to be done!

Unfortunately, none of them were driven to Collinsville IL (near St Louis MO) for the MC Nationals ... the older 4 MCs had not been safety checked yet [they all had their "annual checkup" early the week of July 6] and my daily driver '87 MC LS/CL needs new tires before another longer trip on the highways. BUT ... I WAS there ... and had a WONDERFUL time with great people and, of course, awesome Monte Carlos ... 104 of them in the show field. I posted pics to the newly-created NMCOA group on Facebook....

The UNOFFICIAL "breakdown":

1970-1972, Generation #1 = 13

1973-1975, Generation #2 = 4

1976-1977, Generation #2.5 = 6

1978-1980, Generation #3 = 5

1981-1986, Generation #4 SCs = 5

1983-1988, Generation #4 SSs = 48

1986-1988, Generation #4 LSs = 2

1995-1999, Generation #5 = 1

2000-2005, Generation #6 = 16

2006-2007, Generation #6.5 = 3

Looking ahead....

I can't believe this is ALMOST here ... MidSummer Chitown Gathering #2:

http://www.cheersandgears.com/index.php?showtopic=26485

And, I'm trying to narrow down plans for the Route 66 Drive in September:

http://www.cheersandgears.com/index.php?showtopic=26482

[updates on both of those coming yet tonight.]

I'll be washing the older 4 MCs this coming Saturday (waxed the '87 MC LS/CL for the 2nd time this year this past Saturday). Then, Sunday, I'll be driving each of the older 4 a bit.

Cort | 35swm | "Mr Monte Carlo"."Mr Road Trip" | pig valve.pacemaker ...Chitown #2 = 07/25/09

WRMNshowcase.legos.HO.models.MCs.RTs.CHD = http://www.chevyasylum.com/cort

"Push the pedal down watch the world around fly by us" ... Mat Kearney ... 'Nothing Left To Lose'