Sign in to follow this  
Followers 0
NewsFeeder

Jalopnik: Perk Up Your Corvair With 425 Cubes Of Oldsmobility: Torvair! [Engine Swap]

7 posts in this topic

Torvair-504px.jpgLong before anyone thought to drop a Cadillac 4.9 V8 in a Fiero, crazed engine swappers were finding ways to shorten their life expectancy with V8-powered Corvairs.

Mostly you see the good ol' small-block-Chevy-powered Corvair, but why do that when the engine/transaxle assembly of the front-wheel-drive Olds Toronado (or, heh heh, its Cadillac Eldorado cousin) is better suited for placement in a rear-engined car? Corvair racer UDMan has found a very nicely done Corvair/Toronado swap and written up a review over on Automotive Traveler.

[Automotive Traveler]

di
di

full?d=H0mrP-F8Qgo full?d=yIl2AUoC8zA full?i=OTzcDAlbZ9s:J4Z5OCmHpZA:D7DqB2pKE full?i=OTzcDAlbZ9s:J4Z5OCmHpZA:V_sGLiPBp
OTzcDAlbZ9s

View the full article

Appropriate name, as it appears the big ol' 425 is gonna tear a ligament or two in that innocent little 'Vair.:o Edited by ocnblu

You mean 'over the rear half-shafts'.

Prolly is for stock Corvair componentry.

I've seen a few SBC conversions, but not a BB before this one.

You mean 'over the rear half-shafts'.

Prolly is for stock Corvair componentry.

I've seen a few SBC conversions, but not a BB before this one.

1st thing I thought of was rear-heavy Porsche 911. Except this would have much more torque...

i believe muscle car review had a write up a while back where a guy took a corvair, put it on a chopped and channeled monte carlo frame and then dropped a buick 455 into it. runs 10.50's with traction problems hehe

Your content will need to be approved by a moderator

You are commenting as a guest. If you have an account, please sign in.
Reply to this topic...

×   You have pasted content with formatting.   Remove formatting

×   Your link has been automatically embedded.   Display as a link instead

Sign in to follow this  
Followers 0