Forum Updates

As of today there are some changes being made to the forums. Nothing earth shattering, but it should help organize topics a bit.

Product Questions and Reviews

Located in the C&G Tech Corner, this is where members can post questions, comments and reviews about

Auctions and Classifieds

This is where all of those eBay, Craigslist, and any other classified ad can go It's located under C&G Social Central.

Off Topic News

Located as a subforum of The Lounge, any news that isn't car related can go here.

Finally, Rated R and Politics will be opened to all members. However, non-subscribers will have to consult with an admin to get permission to enter them.

Enjoy!

Finally, Rated R and Politics will be opened to all members. However, non-subscribers will have to consult with an admin to get permission to enter them.

Enjoy!

Excuse me? What was the point in buying a premium membership subscription, then?

It was brought up whether to do this or not with premium members. Most of them said they paid for the benefit of the site, not access to a couple forums which are mostly dead right now anyway.

Really? I never received an email about this.

Frankly, I feel ripped off now. Not cool, guys.

So Dodgefan, who all did you actually contact regarding the premium membership? There's only 15 of us, and here are 3 of us who were never contacted. Can't tell if Captainbooyah was contacted or not from his post, but so far this isn't sounding too promising. Contacting 15 premium subscribers isn't a very difficult task...

It pays to read the other forums... http://www.cheersandgears.com/index.php?showtopic=28340

At any rate, we're planning to find something better to offer as exclusive than a couple of dead forums that no one participates in.

Interesting...I thought that 'Council' forum was only for the admins/moderators to do their thing.

Rob

Iit was mentioned in the original premium subscriber announcement. We figured 5 months was enough time for subscribers to voice their thoughts on the changes. If you didn't see, well, look through forums more carefully guys. :P

Again, we're planning something better for you guys anyway, and the other benefits will remain exclusive to premium members.

Iit was mentioned in the original premium subscriber announcement. We figured 5 months was enough time for subscribers to voice their thoughts on the changes. If you didn't see, well, look through forums more carefully guys. :P

Again, we're planning something better for you guys anyway, and the other benefits will remain exclusive to premium members.

OK smartass. I remember reading that thread a very long, long time ago, but it certainly didn't seem very decisive, more like speculation at the time. Also, in that thread, you had the contribution of ONE out of 15 premium subscribers.

So to say that you asked the premium subscribers for their opinion and they were fine with it is very disingenuous at best. Just sayin'...

Interesting..didn't even know that forum existed until recently.

Rob

Seeing as I only use View New Posts to browse the site, I remembered the thread, but when I must have read it it didn't contain any of the more significant posts I would have voiced concerns about...and it prolly died out before I came back but after I cleared my cookies.

Seeing as I only use View New Posts to browse the site, I remembered the thread, but when I must have read it it didn't contain any of the more significant posts I would have voiced concerns about...and it prolly died out before I came back but after I cleared my cookies.

Same here...I use VNP pretty much exclusively. I don't recall that thread at all.

Rob

• Again, you and others were encouraged to chime in, which was the point of that thread to begin with
  • You're going to be that sore about two unused threads being made (possibly) used?
  • There will be something better to replace those threads as exclusive features.
  • There are still all of the other benefits in the meantime
  • I would suggest paying attention to the counsel forums so if any changes are made they don't seem to magically appear out of nowhere

• Again, you and others were encouraged to chime in, which was the point of that thread to begin with

Can't chime in if you don't know the thread exists to begin with.. .:)

Maybe Premium Members can be automatically subscribed to anything posted in the Council forum and get email notifications.

Rob

Cool it fellas.

Croc... you feel ripped off over $1 a month because now more people can post in forums they couldn't post in before.... AND you don't even know what else is coming down the pike?

If you really want, I'll refund you a pro-rated $7 and reduce your status. You'll get to see the google ads again too!

Actually without meaning to sound like a total ass kisser...which I am pretty good at anyways...or maybe I just use crap flavored toothpaste...

Thank you, DF and Oldsmoboi for the time you spend on this site. I LOVE IT HERE!

I plan on getting a premium subsciption as soon as work picks up...but right now these last few weeks I've only been getting about 25 hours a week at work. I'm doing oaky, but cutting out lunches and ayem coffee right now. Things are starting to pick up bigtime at work though...

Seriously, thanks guys.

Chris

:lol:

Once I get my own little computer issue fixed I'll see about fixing your's. :)

Great Sir.

I was trying to fix it myself, but accidentally went on to almost deleting my account. The forum CP is more myriad than other forum I admined, which is a good thing.

Great Sir.

I was trying to fix it myself, but accidentally went on to almost deleting my account. The forum CP is more myriad than other forum I admined, which is a good thing.

That's like... you tried to turn on your DVD player but instead almost shot yourself in the head.... :mind-blowing:

Cool it fellas.

Croc... you feel ripped off over $1 a month because now more people can post in forums they couldn't post in before.... AND you don't even know what else is coming down the pike?

If you really want, I'll refund you a pro-rated $7 and reduce your status. You'll get to see the google ads again too!

No, I feel a little ripped off because not very long ago I paid for an annual subscription for X, Y and Z features--promised as "exclusives" to premium subscribers--that are now being made available free of charge to the entire site membership. On top of that, it appears only one premium member actually contributed feedback to the change.

It isn't the money; it's the principle.

And why are we letting politics be opened up for the site at large, anyway? There's a reason it was made premium subscriber only in the first place. I don't see the purpose in de-exclusifying it. Change for the sake of change?

No, I feel a little ripped off because not very long ago I paid for an annual subscription for X, Y and Z features--promised as "exclusives" to premium subscribers--that are now being made available free of charge to the entire site membership. On top of that, it appears only one premium member actually contributed feedback to the change.

It isn't the money; it's the principle.

And why are we letting politics be opened up for the site at large, anyway? There's a reason it was made premium subscriber only in the first place. I don't see the purpose in de-exclusifying it. Change for the sake of change?

I'm not a Premium subscriber, but I don't see what all the commotion is about. They're opening it to those who wish to participate via contacting an admin. Is it really a big deal having those few forums a little less exclusive?

The reason those two forums are being opened is because currently no one posts in them.

And so now they get opened up, and we're back to square one again. All the TalkingPointsMemo readers posting garbage instead of educated discourse. I mean it was pretty active during the elections, but now there just isnt much to talk about.

And so now they get opened up, and we're back to square one again. All the TalkingPointsMemo readers posting garbage instead of educated discourse. I mean it was pretty active during the elections, but now there just isnt much to talk about.

Except it's not just blatantly open for whoever wants to come in, they have to get permission from an admin (Olds for the politics).

Except it's not just blatantly open for whoever wants to come in, they have to get permission from an admin (Olds for the politics).

Oh, OK, well that's at least decent. As long as the former "exclusives" don't turn into a complete $h!show I won't be too displeased.

So, what are the supposed "better" benefits for subscribership?

Edited by Croc