Sign in to follow this  
Followers 0
NewsFeeder

AutoBlog: It Fits! Hennessey successfully shoves ZR1 LS9 into Camaro

8 posts in this topic

Filed under: Aftermarket, Coupes, Supercars, Chevrolet

ls9hpe700003_opt.jpg
Hennessey Performance HPE700 - Click above for high-res image gallery

Hennessey Performance has successfully completed the most crucial step in developing its ZR1-powered HPE700: Getting the Corvette ZR1's LS9 motor to fit in the engine bay of the new Camaro. John Hennessey just sent over these images that show the before and after, and from the look of things, the supercharged 6.2-liter V8 fits nicely.

The engine cover that's visible through a polycarbonate window on the Corvette ZR1 lines up nicely against the Camaro's firewall and it appears there's still some room left in front of the engine. While the LS9 normally produces 638 hp in the ZR1, as its name suggests, the Hennessey HPE700 will be shooting for over 700 horsepower. Only 24 examples will be produced and Hennessey has already sold 11. If you're interested, check out the official specs and features on the Hennessey Performance website.

[source: Hennessey Performance]

It Fits! Hennessey successfully shoves ZR1 LS9 into Camaro originally appeared on Autoblog on Mon, 15 Jun 2009 14:57:00 EST. Please see our terms for use of feeds.

Permalink | Email this | Comments

di
di

autoblog?i=mq4b6UzWIAs:hAQR3dWb5OQ:wF9xT autoblog?i=mq4b6UzWIAs:hAQR3dWb5OQ:V_sGL
mq4b6UzWIAs

View the full article

A standard L99/LS3 would be more than enough for me. They are building the Z28 GM should be sending us but with about 150 more horsepower. Cool!

Edited by gm4life

Cool..probably scary fast and scary expensive. Would love to see Hennessey do a Suburban w/ this engine.

No transparent window?

The polycarbonate window is coming in the package, from what I have read. So yeah, there will be one. If I hit the LOTTO....this will be the FIRST THING I BUY. Period.

Edited by toesuf94

Can you say sledgehammer? WOW.

Wish I had the dinero to buy one.

Chris

Your content will need to be approved by a moderator

You are commenting as a guest. If you have an account, please sign in.
Reply to this topic...

×   You have pasted content with formatting.   Remove formatting

×   Your link has been automatically embedded.   Display as a link instead

×   Your previous content has been restored.   Clear editor

Sign in to follow this  
Followers 0