Sign in to follow this  
Followers 0
NewsFeeder

AutoBlog: Spy Shots: Chevy Camaro Convertible caught outside Oshawa plant

18 posts in this topic

Filed under: Spy Photos, Convertibles, Chevrolet

topdowncamaro_opt.jpg
Chevy Camaro Convertible spy shots - Click above for high-res image gallery

Last we reported back in March, plans to produce a drop-top version of the Chevy Camaro were still in effect. While the Camaro Convertible may be delayed until early 2011 and arrive as a 2012 model (GM just confirmed it will arrive as a 2011 model), the on again/off again project appears to be firmly in the on position now... and we have proof. Autoblog reader Brad M recently caught the Camaro Convertible getting a tan outside of the Oshawa, Ontario plant that assembls the fixed-roof Camaro. The red convertible was sporting front and rear fascias from the Camaro SS and, with its top retracted, sported a very clean rear deck with only the center stop lamp and satellite radio antenna sticking up. With the chance of a Dodge Challenger Convertible hovering around 0%, we're pleased to see Chevy still intends to take on the Ford Mustang Convertible in the topless wars. Now, back to waiting...

Spy Shots: Chevy Camaro Convertible caught outside Oshawa plant originally appeared on Autoblog on Mon, 15 Jun 2009 16:29:00 EST. Please see our terms for use of feeds.

Permalink | Email this | Comments

di
di

autoblog?i=jH3I2TgUTKs:9PbWZCZf1dE:wF9xT autoblog?i=jH3I2TgUTKs:9PbWZCZf1dE:V_sGL
jH3I2TgUTKs

View the full article

Cool...I guess I'll have to wait until June '11 to see the Camaro SS convertible vs. the Mustang GT convertible w/ the engine upgrade before I get my midlife crisis car.. :)

Thought about getting something by June '10 for the the big event, but I guess I can wait...

Rob

I like the Camaro convertible form more than the coupe, which is an anomaly as I am always biased to the coupe style.

I like the Camaro convertible form more than the coupe, which is an anomaly as I am always biased to the coupe style.

I've had 3 Mustang coupes over the years. I'm ready for a convertible in my next fun car. Though the new Camaro coupe is awfully good looking.

Rob

Glad they are going to build it, but my son or I will be sticking to a Coupe in SS trim.

Sweet, Maybe the wife will want this so she can work on her tan. :P

Hey look, no b-pillar!

Still no sure I like it more than the new Mustang.

I've had 3 Mustang coupes over the years. I'm ready for a convertible in my next fun car. Though the new Camaro coupe is awfully good looking.

Rob

Convertibles are a lot of fun...

Chris

i'll take that one pictured. so'k the colors don't match. :D

:drool:

Would someone please move that Impala out of the way? It's totally killing the mood.

Would someone please move that Impala out of the way? It's totally killing the mood.

It's the Zeta Impala. :P

I startled the dogs when I laughed at this. :cheers:

I hope that dorsal fin antenna in the middle of the trunk lid is just a temporary location...placement is odd.

Hey look, no b-pillar!

OMG!!! :rotflmao:

Hey look, no b-pillar!

Still no sure I like it more than the new Mustang.

You got to be kidding, this is way better than the MuttTang convertible. That is such a plasticy ride. I was shocked when I looked at one over the weekend. Way too plasticy inside, rusty rotors and other parts outside. My wife even made the comment, geez, so much of the dash has been taken from the Focus, those same ugly vents, radio etc. She was right, Ford has used to much of the same parts and it really cheapens the interior of the MuttTang

DUD, that Black Zeta truly makes this hot Convertible stand out better than if it was against that ugly building color.

Both are sweet cars. :P

You got to be kidding, this is way better than the MuttTang convertible. That is such a plasticy ride. I was shocked when I looked at one over the weekend. Way too plasticy inside, rusty rotors and other parts outside. My wife even made the comment, geez, so much of the dash has been taken from the Focus, those same ugly vents, radio etc. She was right, Ford has used to much of the same parts and it really cheapens the interior of the MuttTang

Have you looked at that picture above? The Camaro is the same size as that freaking Impala, I dont know if you are aware of this, but the Impala is a freaking huge ride. And from all appearances, the Camaro's interior is quite plasticy as well.

Everyone and their mom has said that the Mustang has the highest quality interior of the 3 muscle/pony/whatever cars.

Your content will need to be approved by a moderator

You are commenting as a guest. If you have an account, please sign in.
Reply to this topic...

×   You have pasted content with formatting.   Remove formatting

×   Your link has been automatically embedded.   Display as a link instead

×   Your previous content has been restored.   Clear editor

Sign in to follow this  
Followers 0