Sign in to follow this  
Followers 0
NewsFeeder

AutoBlog: Koenigsegg: We'll give Saab back its "soul"

4 posts in this topic

Filed under: GM, Saab

blues-brothers-soul-man-snl-1978-132_opt

Koenigsegg is one of the most elite exotic car builders on earth. In a good year, the ultra high-end automaker produces a few dozen of its million dollar masterpieces. It's the limited nature of Koenigsegg that makes its purchase of the much larger Saab a real head-scratcher, but that isn't stopping the company's founder from aiming for the stars. Norwiegen designer and Koenigsegg controlling owner Baard Ecker tells Automotive News that he intends to revive the "soul and spirit" of Saab, while also sparking some creativity in the sagging auto industry. Tall order, that is.

Koenigsegg's offer for Saab includes the financial backing of the Swedish government, along with investors in the U.S. and Norway. Ecker also wants to improve Saab's quality and incorporate a regard for the environment in future product planning. As for his role once Saab is acquired, Ecker maintains that it's not his intention to micro-manage the brand, which already has a management team in place. From the sound of things, Saab appears to have a much brighter future than many fans of the Swedish brand could have hoped for just a few weeks ago.

[source: Automotive News, sub. req'd]

Koenigsegg: We'll give Saab back its "soul" originally appeared on Autoblog on Thu, 18 Jun 2009 16:33:00 EST. Please see our terms for use of feeds.

Read | Permalink | Email this | Comments

di
di

autoblog?i=6MX-wqJSIU0:PW90DC7OdD4:wF9xT autoblog?i=6MX-wqJSIU0:PW90DC7OdD4:V_sGL
6MX-wqJSIU0

View the full article

As long as the investors have the money to back those words, I'm cool with giving SAAB back its soul :)

As long as the investors have the money to back those words, I'm cool with giving SAAB back its soul :)

Same here. If they want to throw their money at Saab, by all means. I have very high hopes for the new 9-5 and 9-4X.

Same here. If they want to throw their money at Saab, by all means. I have very high hopes for the new 9-5 and 9-4X.

Same. I just hope they can keep quality up like GM was able to with SAAB.

Your content will need to be approved by a moderator

You are commenting as a guest. If you have an account, please sign in.
Reply to this topic...

×   You have pasted content with formatting.   Remove formatting

×   Your link has been automatically embedded.   Display as a link instead

×   Your previous content has been restored.   Clear editor

Sign in to follow this  
Followers 0