Server Move In Progress - Read More ×

Mileage Milestones

Woo hoo! My '00 Jeep Grand Cherokee Laredo 4x4 hit 100k this morning on the way to work. Had to stop and take pics of the odo at 99,999 and 100,000. First time I've ever put that many miles on a vehicle. Bought it new in July, '00. Been very reliable.

Anyone else have any mileage milestones recently?

Rob

Holy crap, you don't drive much do you???

I'm about to turn over 140,000 km later today, on an '05.

(100,000 mi = very near 160,000 km)

It's been my daily driver, but I've always had 1-2 other cars also. And my commute has varied wildly over the years----for several years it was about 20 miles a day, for about 2 years it was about 1 mile a day, at one point it was 140 a day for 3 months, and for the last few months it's been about 50 a day. Lived in 3 cities w/ it (Colorado Springs, Denver, Phoenix) and made a few road trips (I usually always fly unless I need to take stuff).

Rob

Edited by Cubical-aka-Moltar

my 79 Olds has roughly 125K original miles on it iirc....it's parked at my mother's house and I don't live there so I cant double check at the moment.

My 95 Riviera has about 110K on it, but soon that will be back to 0 on the motor ( which is currently being rebuilt)

I'm approaching a couple milestones...

The '99 Bonne is sitting at 198K. It would have blown by 200K, but at 195K, it was put on secondary duty.

The '89 Van is sitting at x98K. I suspect its 198K.

The Caprice wagon hit 200K a few miles after I bought it... its currently stalled at about 225K, as it sits, in pieces, in my garage.

I think the Sunfire is also closing on 200K... most of the other cars are far away from milestones or aren't being driven much.

Wife's '03 GP turned 100K today.

B-59's odo broke at 95K (IIRC), previous owner said it had either about 103K or 105K.

It will be rolled back to 00000 (the car will be all brand new). Since I will never sell it, who cares; call the Feds.

"Mileage exceeds the mechanical limits"

or

"True Mileage Unknown"

or

"mileage exempt"

Not the issue it once was...

2008 Impala-5620 miles

1985 Caprice-120,900 miles.

1981 Bonneville-119,100 miles.

1986 John Deere Lawn Tractor-about 250 hours

2007 Sears Craftsman Lawn Tractor-about 15 hours.

Woo hoo! My '00 Jeep Grand Cherokee Laredo 4x4 hit 100k this morning on the way to work.

CONGRATS!

Lessee....recent ones...

'72 MC ... 145K

'76 MC ... 60K

'79 MC ... 143K

'81 MC ... 191.5K

'87 MC ... 165K

Cort | 35swm | "Mr Monte Carlo"."Mr Road Trip" | pig valve.pacemaker ...Chitown #2 = 07/25/09

WRMNshowcase.legos.HO.models.MCs.RTs.CHD = http://www.chevyasylum.com/cort

"Let freedom ring" ... Martina McBride ... 'Independence Day'

My G8 rolled over 5k back on 6/23 and I posted a picture of it on Twitter as a milestone...more so because it's the first of my 3 new cars in a row I've made it that far with :AH-HA_wink:

http://www.twitpic.com/88hnx

ARRRRGGGGGGHHHHHH

Last night, while driving from the grocery to home, I heard a loud 'snap' and the driver's seat broke off from the track...seems to be held in place now only on two opposite corners and rocks side to side wildly. The power seat mechanism still works for going forward and back, up and down, etc.

Driving the S-Class until I figure out the fix for this..

Rob

• 2 months later...

The Jeep turned 105k today.

I did my big winter service last Fri-Sat...had the oil and oil filter changed, tranny fluid changed, tires rotated, radiator, thermostat, hoses and coolant replaced. 2 AZ summers were too many for it's cooling system, apparently. I'm ready for all the snow and ice winter will bring.. :)

Well, the '99 Bonne hit 200K the other day. Tried to upload appropriately geeky before and after photos, but the site won't let me.

Geeky pictures welcome! Would like to see the Bonne. You subscribe to a hosting site, no?

The '92 Regal will hit 262,000 this weekend, provided I drive to a granolafied area for coffee and sightseeing on Saturday night as planned. It turns 17.5 years in mid-November and the folks at work will wonder why I am bringing in morning goodies then (since I'm generally "on the take" in this regard).

Geeky pictures welcome! Would like to see the Bonne. You subscribe to a hosting site, no?

The '92 Regal will hit 262,000 this weekend, provided I drive to a granolafied area for coffee and sightseeing on Saturday night as planned. It turns 17.5 years in mid-November and the folks at work will wonder why I am bringing in morning goodies then (since I'm generally "on the take" in this regard).

The Bonne is still catching up... 206900 as of yesterday.

Actually, I think I got the attachment system figured out now. I missed a step last time...

The before and after... someone needs gas and a dashboard dusting...

post-4086-1256316480.jpg

post-4086-1256316529.jpg

The poor car normally is filthy and doesn't get a opportunity of much of a photoshoot... but I had this rear shot on the camera and it looked pretty good.

post-4086-1256316716.jpg

The poor car normally is filthy and doesn't get a opportunity of much of a photoshoot... but I had this rear shot on the camera and it looked pretty good.

I'm looking at the badging above the driver's door and can't make it out. Is it an LE/SE/SSE? Yeah, it's a little soiled...so is it brown, burgundy or that aubergine-eggplant color?

I'm looking at the badging above the driver's door and can't make it out. Is it an LE/SE/SSE? Yeah, it's a little soiled...so is it brown, burgundy or that aubergine-eggplant color?

Its black, actually... it was staying pretty sharp. However, those wheels are a bear to keep clean... and on top of that last winter it grew a bunch of scratches from the neighborhood's kids and the paint on the grill started falling off that was the tipping point.

SLE... all the appearance of the SSEi, but without the engine and some of the highest options. Of course, with the HV3 intake insert and hogged out throttle body, it is getting close to the supercharged powered. It really needs a ECM tune and a less worn transmission. The '04 GP GXP is still faster, but not much.

SLE

It really needs a ECM tune and a less worn transmission.

You know which one I really like...the last-gen Bonne...quite a ways past the 2000 release, but immediately prior to cancellation (so, 2004 or 2005)...in LE form, so there's no spoiler...with a 3800 V6 after the intake "blues"...still featuring alloy wheels and a console set-up...and in a lighter metallic color.

What is an ECM tune? Your trans is original, right?

I'm only saying this if I was, for some reason, to replace the Regal....*hmmm, base 98 or 99 Intrigue...or 2002 GP GT 2-door...or 2004-05 Bonneville LE* I'm too used to my current cars at this point *sigh*

You know which one I really like...the last-gen Bonne...quite a ways past the 2000 release, but immediately prior to cancellation (so, 2004 or 2005)...in LE form, so there's no spoiler...with a 3800 V6 after the intake "blues"...still featuring alloy wheels and a console set-up...and in a lighter metallic color.

I like the last gen Bonne, but it feels more cramped than the '99. I think I'm going back to RWD cars, however. I don't consider the Series II intake to be that bad of a problem.

What is an ECM tune? Your trans is original, right?

Its a reflashed ECM. The HV3 intake insert and larger throttle body run better than stock, and the computer can't extract the full power with the stock ECM programming. I also considered upgrading the rocker arms and/or the rear exhaust manifold, but that would also really require a ECM tune... which can get pricy.

Tranny is original, but is giving me some CEL codes from time to time and going into 'safe mode'. I suspect it has begun the long, slow death watch... supposedly flushing the tranny fluid will only accelerate the problem. At that point, the car will likely be parked until I can give it a real drivetrain. Or I'll get a 4T65E-HD with a Limited Slip Diff... I get tired of spinning the passenger front wheel.

Wow you don't hear too often about ppl tinkering with FWD cars, especially domestics. You're a rare man, SAmadei.

Well, I wouldn't read too much into that... I'd really rather tinker with the '95 Caprice or a new G8... The Bonne was undergoing a rather intense overhaul, and so got some upgrades. IMHO, the 3.8 is the only tinkerable FWD engine, due to the hordes of Grand Prix hot rodders, which the Bonne shares alot of DNA. In fact, I recently found a way online to upgrade the H-bods to F-body brakes and W-body strut upgrades... but I'm not sure I want to go that crazy.

Of course, the '04 GP GXP is due to get a supercharger pulley upgrade, but I'm still on the fence how much... my mother drives that, and so any upgrades need to be easy to live with. But make no mistake... mom wants to go fast. ;-)

• 2 months later...

Nice! It's getting there quick!

Thanks for the encouragement, Dave. I think that a "diet" of oil changes every 2,000 miles for the first 100K, and every 2,500 miles after that, has helped. Today, the place that changed my oil told me that the drained oil was fairly clean.

I posted some pics of the car from a day trip this weekend on a new thread!

• 1 month later...