Sign in to follow this  
Followers 0
NewsFeeder

AutoBlog: Return of the 'Runner: Plymouth Road Runner Concept shackled to the virtual world

4 posts in this topic

Filed under: Concept Cars, Coupes, Sports/GTs, Videos, Chrysler, LLC., Dodge, Rendered Speculation

001_rr-concept-580op.jpg
Plymouth Road Runner Concept - Click above for image gallery

Nearly a year ago, the cover of Mopar Enthusiast asked the question: Could the Plymouth Road Runner be reborn? The obvious answer: No. But that didn't stop the buff book from publishing a host of gorgeous renderings by Michael Leonhard, an independent artist hailing from Austria.

Based on the Dodge Challenger, the Road Runner concept takes its cues from the '71-72 models, and in Leonhard's active imagination, it would be powered by a choice of 5.7-, 6.1- or 7.0-liter engines, each available with either a six-speed manual or six-speed automatic gearbox, complete with paddle shifters. The 20-inch (front) and 22-inch (rear) wheels combine a little old-school nostalgia with a new-school flavor, along with a glowing Roadrunner logo placed between the LED tail lamps. We'll let the artist and his work speak for themselves, so check out the gallery below and make the jump for Leonhard's own description, along with a brief video of the concept.

Continue reading Return of the 'Runner: Plymouth Road Runner Concept shackled to the virtual world

Return of the 'Runner: Plymouth Road Runner Concept shackled to the virtual world originally appeared on Autoblog on Fri, 19 Jun 2009 14:57:00 EST. Please see our terms for use of feeds.

Permalink | Email this | Comments

di
di

autoblog?i=jOVe99sZFDc:hBS9Lmrs2nw:wF9xT autoblog?i=jOVe99sZFDc:hBS9Lmrs2nw:V_sGL
jOVe99sZFDc

View the full article

With those wheels and redline tires, it would make a nice Hot Wheels diecast. I like the use of '71-72 styling cues--my favorite Road Runner design, as opposed to the late '70s Volare Road Runner.