Ugh,

Rain really does suck. We went through a stretch a couple weeks ago where the 10-day forecast called for a 40% chance of rain every day and there were scattered showers almost every day with a few major thunderstorms mixed in. Now its just non-stop 95 degrees.

A couple of days above 100ºF like we had at the mine this week and you'd beg for rain! :neenerneener:

Supposed to be back over 100 today. The last two weeks have been the coolest June here since 1913--two weeks in a row w/ highs only in the 90s.

The heat has made everyone's A/C break, so I have cleaned up running service calls.

Is beautiful here...I am about to put the top down, drive home, and take my son to Columbus Motor Speedway to watch the roundy rounds...

Chris

MMM only about 88 here in California :)

Well that won't make me jealous, I hate the heat. :AH-HA_wink:

But I could use some sunshine.

The sad part is that June is usually the most beautiful weather of the year here.

We'll probably go directly to our standard summer forecast now: Hot and $h!ty, with continued hot and $h!ty and a chance of thunderstorms until mid-September.

Today was more humid than I liked, but considering all of the lousy weather, I'll take what I can get. I feel pretty accomplished as far as making use of it. Got some nice photos in the morning, and just got back from flying my plane with its new modifications.

Rain's at the doorstep though.

The Year Without Summer.

At Wikipedia: http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Year_Without_a_Summer

I've always romanticized the 'notion' of Winter. A fan of it so to speak. "Dr. Zhivago", with its frigid Russian landscapes portrayed, is on of my favorite films.

I enjoy being sequestered indoors when it is bitter out.

On the distaff side, here, she idolizes warm weather being a native of Florida.

We're both in agreement that this rainy patch we've hit is carrying things a bit too far.

The dehumidifiers have been scavenging enough water to float a Destroyer out this way.

Outside, the dirty surf pounds at times and the beach is littered with broken clam shells and other detritus.

As a personal recollection, 1985 was much this way. I recall wearing my Pittsburgh Pirates jacket to work in the afternoons almost until the end of June. Then it became savagely hot through October as Mother Nature balanced-out her 'Degree Days'.

1989 was another rainy Spring. I saw clear-running mountain streams, that I still fish to this day, overrunning their banks and churning as a muddy sluice-ways reshaping the landscape.

1998 saw the end of a soggy April transition into a drenching 10 or 11 days into May. It really messed up the Shad Festival in New Hope, PA that year.

But we got through it all as we will this.

My fondest wish is that we'll not be looking skyward in September and wondering when the drought will end.

Best to you all...

June in Phoenix has been strange this year..the last two weeks have been the coolest stretch since 1913, 15 days of highs in the mid 90s, with a couple cloudy days w/ light rain. Was 100 today, going to be in the low hundys up to 108 by Friday--20 percent or so humidity. Going to be great pool weather. The worst part of the year in AZ is July and August, when many days are 112-115 or higher, and the humidity rises leading to night storms (strangely, last year they all seemed to be Thurs and Friday nights) of the monsoon season.

I still don't know what my ideal climate is, having lived in Ohio and Michigan (and briefly Illinois) most of the first 26 of my 38 years, Colorado for 12 years, and Arizona for over a year now, and six years of 9 months in S. Florida as a kid. I love the abundant sunshine of Fla, Co, and Az, usually don't like excess humidity, can tolerate heat as long as I have good A/C and a pool. But I like being near the ocean, love being near mountains and forests..don't care for desert that much, though.

I still haven't found what I'm looking for.

Edited by Cubical-aka-Moltar

We've had enough rain recently to last us a month at least.

Seems like the windows in the Mercedes have not been

down in almost a week, it's been raining off/on for about

two weeks. Makes the "WATER SHORTAGE BAN" lawn signs

look downright silly.

It's been nothing but scattered showers and thunderstorms for over a week now, and it's set to continue for at least another week. I haven't even needed my A/C once yet, the temps have barely cracked 70 during the day and usually are in the high 50's low 60's at night.

Took a leap of faith yesterday and headed out to Macungie, PA for the 30th Annual ATCA (Antique Truck Club of America) Natioanl Meet (classic truck show). Left the house a little before 9AM and it was partly sunny... 15 minutes later it turns very cloudy and the raindrops begin to fall... heavy rain for the next 2 hours and the well-attended truck show was a mudfest. Spent a good portion of the time there at the Mack Trucks Macungie Assembly Plant tour because it was much drier in there and no mud! I'm praying that the weather for next weekend is much better for the All-GM Nationals in Carlisle!!

:cheering: Yea wee finally got rain in Seattle!!! After 29 straight days of dry sunny weather, we finally got some rain to clean out the dirty air and green things up. Boy I missed my rain. :D

94, with the heat index it feels like 98. We've been inside all day. But on the bright side, its supposed to pour tomorrow.

And what really sucks is that when I want to go kayaking, driving the Buick is the most logical choice, problem is I may have inadvertantly destroyed the ac compressor, so its like a giant hotbox. Fun fun.

Edited by Satty

Really? I've never had much luck with AC on cars with small Asian engines. The Fusion and Sebring both had terrible ac compared to the L200 and Solara. The Prius isn't meat-freezer cold, but it does the job, although I'm sure the tinted windows dont hurt. I haven't driven the MINI during this epic heat wave, but when I have used it, it seemed ok.

Really? I've never had much luck with AC on cars with small Asian engines. The Fusion and Sebring both had terrible ac compared to the L200 and Solara. The Prius isn't meat-freezer cold, but it does the job, although I'm sure the tinted windows dont hurt. I haven't driven the MINI during this epic heat wave, but when I have used it, it seemed ok.

LH cars are notorious for the Evap cores going. I'm pretty sure that's what's wrong with mine. Requires taking the entire dash out to get at. The Grand Marquis' ac works but the compressor is going, so it gives out after a while. The Shadow's actually did work but the a/c lines leak so badly that it can't hold a charge.

The a/c in the Prizm blows nice and cold, although I wish the fan speed could go one notch higher. It works though, so I can't complain!

Speaking of Chrysler AC units (but not really) I get a laugh everytime I see the U.S. Fidelis commercials where both examples of why people should buy aftermarket warranties are Chrysler products, a T&C (AC Compressor) and an Intrepid (transmission).

Speaking of Chrysler AC units (but not really) I get a laugh everytime I see the U.S. Fidelis commercials where both examples of why people should buy aftermarket warranties are Chrysler products, a T&C (AC Compressor) and an Intrepid (transmission).

I think it should be the other way around.

It may not get hot as long here as some of you but when it does it gets humid. Lucky all of my A/Cs in the cars work. The Impala is great as to be expected on a new car. The Bonnevilles must have been made on a good day. It has a new compressor but other than that and the switch to R-134 it will do 34-36 degrees air temps even in 95 degree heat the other day. The Caprice is so-so. It works well enough if you dont let it sit out in the sun and you keep moving. And Satty, dont be surprised that you need a comprassor. This is usually the 1st thing to go in these cars. Lucky it is real easy to get to.