2007 Silverado/Sierra

Nick

http://a332.g.akamai.net/f/332...E.jpg
http://a332.g.akamai.net/f/332...E.jpg

What Edmunds.com Says: With GM quickly falling behind its competitors in the full-size truck segment, look for GM to pull out all the stops to assure that this Silverado has everything it needs to compete.

What We Know: Major changes will be necessary on this stalwart design in order to keep it competitive against its longtime rival, the F-150, in addition to relative newcomers such as the Nissan Titan and next-generation Toyota Tundra. When the new Silverado appears, probably in 2007, it will feature a far more elegant cabin than the current model along with a new GMT-900 platform. A more powerful range of engines is a certainty, but efficiency is also likely to play a major role as the Silverado may very well become the biggest user of GM's Displacement on Demand technology. Look for safety to play a prominent role as well with more extensive airbag protection and wider availability of StabiliTrak.

What Edmunds.com Says: The Sierra may finally take on a personality of its own as GM looks for ways to differentiate GMC from its Chevrolet twin.

What We Know: With GM's profits and market share decreasing steadily each month, the company cannot afford not to make serious changes on a cornerstone vehicle such as this. When the next generation of the Sierra appears, in 2007 as a 2008 model, it will undoubtedly look remarkably different than the current, somewhat outdated version. An exaggerated chrome grille will dominate the new face, among other updates to the exterior which will include a new cabin. New sheet metal will be used under the surface as well, and the interior will be more sophisticated than anything seen before on this truck, as GM attempts to compete more actively with Ford. It's also rumored that the upcoming Sierra could also feature a new engine with the fuel-conscious Displacement on Demand feature. A hybrid version will almost definitely be available as well. StabiliTrak and OnStar will at least be options, if not standard features at that point, as GM hopes to gain an edge over its rivals through the conspicuous use of modern safety technology. Expect to see a growing distinction between GMC and Chevy trucks in the coming years, as upcoming versions of the Silverado and Sierra will share fewer and fewer features.

source: edmunds

Well we know that the Silverado comes in silver

[post="3818"]<{POST_SNAPBACK}>[/post]

Um I think it's white :blink:

I didn't have time to read the text before because I had to run, but I think Edmunds is wrong on the intro date. I'm pretty sure they've been pushed up to 3rd or 4th quarter of 2006.

Dodge is going to laugh at them-and hard. Those cabs and beds look small and too similar to current models. Silver to me is the body shells and wheels. That color "silver" is really a light cool gray. I've been comparing companies' silvers to my silver metallic pencil, and there's a huge difference.

Dodge is going to laugh at them-and hard. Those cabs and beds look small and too similar to current models. Silver to me is the body shells and wheels. That color "silver" is really a light cool gray. I've been comparing companies' silvers to my silver metallic pencil, and there's a huge difference.

[post="5759"]<{POST_SNAPBACK}>[/post]

Dodge? with that strange new look up front? Not sure about the laughing part...

GM has always been the most conservative when it comes to truck design and I for one don't see a problem with it. You'd be surprised how many people - truck fans and not - would rank the look of a GM pickup higher than an F-150, Ram, or Titan. I do like the lines on the F-150, but the lack of a true single cab is disappointing stylistically. The Titan is rather convoluted in mid- and upper-trims with ridiculous chrome stickons and billboard TITAN V8 lettering. Ram tries too hard to be a Freightliner and its a shame the acceptable truck styling has made its way to everything Dodge.

I mean its okay for Chevy and GMC to be conservative styling wise-but not to the point where it looks so similar to the current models. And I was referring to Dodge in reference to cab sizes (they foolishly shrunk the pickup bed lengths in the 2002 redesign).

my boss told me by march we will have some 07s... so... sounds like it isnt just rumors... he said tahoes avalanchs and suburbans, but i was under the impression that those vehicles would be spread out I was under the impression avalanch, and escalades will debut first quarter, tahoes and suburbans and similar bodys will debue second quarter and everything else third quarter Edited by Newbiewar

Dodge? with that strange new look up front? Not sure about the laughing part...

[post="5768"]<{POST_SNAPBACK}>[/post]

Yes Dodge can laugh, even with the new look. Honestly, I like the current front fascia better.I dont agree with the new fascia much but it'll (or it should) grow on me. But Dodge will have the largest cabin in the industry with the MegaCab so I dont care.

In reality I hope the Silverado surpasses the F-150 cause I dont like Ford ^_^ .

[post="5759"]<{POST_SNAPBACK}>[/post]

You mean GM will be laughing-- all the way to the bank. Dodge has never posed a serious threat to GM trucks.

my boss told me by march we will have some 07s... so... sounds like it isnt just rumors... he said tahoes avalanchs and suburbans, but i was under the impression that those vehicles would be spread out

I was under the impression avalanch, and escalades will debut first quarter, tahoes and suburbans and similar bodys will debue second quarter and everything else third quarter

[post="6028"]<{POST_SNAPBACK}>[/post]

I was under the impression that the GMC Yukon and the Tahoe would be first possibly excalade, followed by Suburban, Escalade, Av, Yukon XL, and then pick up trucks.

Ford and Dodge are certainly worse, but if the 2007 Silverado with the 5.3L V8 doesn't get at least 24 mpg highway with their "new technology", then GM is going to be in trouble with gas prices at $3.00+ a gallon.

That font bumper is massive! You could make an entire Pontiac out of the plastic in that thing! And whats with the tiny fender wells? Don't they not realize that some people like to put larger than stock tires on their trucks and they don't want to use a lift?

'tiny'??? They look huge...look at all the open space around the tires...

Okay, I try to keep up as much as possible... but a customer came in looking for a Silverado with a Cat Diesel in it... he said he read somewhere on the interenet that it was going to be avalible for 2006, now I know that from what I've read no changes were made to most of the power trains for 2006, altho i think they got a few extra ponys here and there... but 2007 what power trains will be avalible or do we know?

I would hope these will be a late 06 debut and not in 07 as the article says, thats just too long to wait.

[post="6542"]<{POST_SNAPBACK}>[/post]

well my general manager of the dealership said that by febuary we will have 07's on the lot... sooo, not entirely sure which models but I think avalanch was first to debut....