Images of New 9-5

saab manages to be distinct, classy, timeless, elegant, unique, and trendsetting while holding onto tradition, being detail rich, and not going overboard. it's going to be one of the best looking luxury cars our there. the profile and shape of the wagon are hot. it's form over function and holding the hand on styling that gets saab where they are.

Edited by turbo200

ZL-1, do you think Frankfurt reveal is a possibility?

That's what every SAAB enthusiast website and a few mags here have said: Frankfurt 2009.

On another note, 9-4X mules were apotted again (and again in Belgium IIRC).

Edited by ZL-1

Any more news about 9-1 yet? Or now it is on indefinite hold.

IDK

If I was SAAB I'd be making sure the 9-5 and 9-4X are flawless, while trying to make sure GM selects a proper new owner for the company. Then it's all about the new 9-3: if GM's Delta2 is used, I wouldn't do a 9-1. Instead I'd offer a full 9-3 range: 9-3 sedan, wagon, and 3-door and 5-door hatches.

EDIT - From what I remember reading at Saabsunited, it seems potential investors who went to Trollhättan were shown something other than the NG 9-5 and the 9-4X. Don't know if it was a design proposal for the NG 9-3 but it'd make sense if it was...

Edited by ZL-1

Pics have been taken and the cockpit is driver oriented. Just don't expect fancy design like the LaCrosse's interior: expect a simple design.

I hope it is better than the barn burner of the previous generation.

I like simple design.

Well that is what the the Swedes are known for...clean and simple. At least Volvo is.

Saab interiors aren't as clean and uncluttered as Volvos; there are buttons all over the place. But they are still very functional in their design.

next 93 on a delta would make sense from the standpoint of the current 93 is cramped. the cruze apparently even has more room

Delta2 quite likely has much better packaging. SAAB could capitalize on that and make the 9-3 some 8 inches smaller than the 9-5 while offering good interior room. I just hope the architecture is good enough... I can't get over the rumour I read that SAAB rejected both the current Corsa platform and Gamma for the 9-1 on the grounds that it is not good enough...

Delta2 quite likely has much better packaging. SAAB could capitalize on that and make the 9-3 some 8 inches smaller than the 9-5 while offering good interior room. I just hope the architecture is good enough... I can't get over the rumour I read that SAAB rejected both the current Corsa platform and Gamma for the 9-1 on the grounds that it is not good enough...

maybe saab will pull its head out of its butt and say put a 2.0 direct injection turbo like the COBALT SS has into their delta 9-3 and sell it at a reasonable price. No, saab would never want to actually sell any cars, would they.

IOW, a car that performs like or better than a cobalt SS, the size of the cruze, and priced well.

so, how does this 95 stack up vs. the volkswagen CC then?

a base CC is actually priced not so bad. and looks GREAT

maybe saab will pull its head out of its butt and say put a 2.0 direct injection turbo like the COBALT SS has into their delta 9-3 and sell it at a reasonable price. No, saab would never want to actually sell any cars, would they.

IOW, a car that performs like or better than a cobalt SS, the size of the cruze, and priced well.

so, how does this 95 stack up vs. the volkswagen CC then?

a base CC is actually priced not so bad. and looks GREAT

Re 9-3: too early to tell. Apparently there will be one more redesign of the current car, which I hope focuses on the rear end and interior. And on offering the SIDI 2.0L turbo I4!

Re 9-5: much larger than the Passat CC. Phateon room at CC prices could perhaps be a decent comparison...

Edited by ZL-1

hopefully that will justify the prices.

SAAB people know that Audi had to continuously improve over some 20 to 30 years to be able to price their cars close to BMW and Mercedes. I would expect clever pricing for the 9-5 so that SAAB doesn't need to discount it.