Sign in to follow this  
Followers 0
NewsFeeder

Motor Authority: Aston Martin working on Toyota iQ-based minicar

15 posts in this topic

aston_martin_cygnet_toyota_iq_main630-06

This is not a joke. Aston Martin has joined forces with Toyota to develop a new minicar model called the Cygnet and this is the first official image of the bespoke hatch, taken as designers at Aston Martin’s Gaydon headquarters refine its final shape. The Cygnet is based on Toyota’s iQ minicar and although it’s still in the concept stage, the green light for production is expected to be given before the end of the year. As revealed by the teaser image, the Cygnet will adopt some very distinct Aston Martin trademarks to differentiate it from its Toyota sibling.

2010 Toyota iQ minicar

2010_toyota_iq_motorauthority_001-0918-1 2010_toyota_iq_motorauthority_002-0918-1 2010_toyota_iq_motorauthority_003-0918-1 2010_toyota_iq_motorauthority_004-0918-1 2010_toyota_iq_motorauthority_005-0918-1

Read more

View the full article

Will it have a 510hp V12? :rotflmao:

GM needs a vehicle like this for the foreign markets.

And have it badge engineered.

This has to be an April Fools article, in July. Sounds like something from the Onion. A FWD Toyota minicar rebadged as an AM? Madness.

From the link, I like the smart Eleanor GT 50%, which apparently was a concept from a few years ago. I like minicars, and if a company can make them more exciting than the typical econobox, I'm all for that.

smart1.jpg

I thought it was an April Fools thing, but now I'm not sure... who knows, maybe GMC will get the G3 now, and a version of the Spark eventually...Buick-GMC dealers will certainly need 'em to compete w/ Chevy at the low end.

From the link, I like the smart Eleanor GT 50%, which apparently was a concept from a few years ago. I like minicars, and if a company can make them more exciting than the typical econobox, I'm all for that.

I thought that hideous excrement was just a photoshop...

Apart from my stupid V12 joke up there, and getting a little more serious: it's kinda funny, actually! But maybe the Lagonda nameplate could be used instead of Aston Martin... preserving Aston's halo and using Lagonda for the weird stuff... just a thought...

Edited by ZL-1

car and driver

How did I miss this the first time? Is it really going through???

Wonder if offering this thing with the purchase of every real Aston Martin would count towards lowering Aston's CO2 emissions fleet average. :scratchchin:

What the hell are they smoking at Aston Martin? This has to be some kind of elaborate hoax or April Fools...

Your content will need to be approved by a moderator

You are commenting as a guest. If you have an account, please sign in.
Reply to this topic...

×   You have pasted content with formatting.   Remove formatting

×   Your link has been automatically embedded.   Display as a link instead

×   Your previous content has been restored.   Clear editor

Sign in to follow this  
Followers 0