Sign in to follow this  
Followers 0
NewsFeeder

Jalopnik: Buick's "Take A Look At Me Now" Ads Encourage Man-On-Car Sex [Ad Watch]

11 posts in this topic

Buick's new "Take A Look At Me Now" ad campaign features a caricature of a creepy director seemingly ready to sleep with a new 2010 Buick LaCrosse and 2009 Enclave. It is, in a word, "awkward."

Everyone knows there're better cars to sleep with than a 2010 Buick LaCrosse or a 2009 Buick Enclave. We mean, don't get us wrong, Buick's new design's light-years better than what we've seen from Buick in the past — umm, forever — but by no means is it enough for us to want to spend the night with one. There's just something about a high plastic belt-line that makes us think "grandma" — and not in the sexy way. Well, not without a lot of coke and hard liquor. And is the message of "If you're young, you'll need drugs and alcohol to want one of our cars" really what Buick wants to be getting across to the public? We think not.

di
di

full?d=H0mrP-F8Qgo full?d=yIl2AUoC8zA full?i=-ZDukApM7MA:q-ws_IsZSfA:D7DqB2pKE full?i=-ZDukApM7MA:q-ws_IsZSfA:V_sGLiPBp
-ZDukApM7MA

View the full article

While this is a dumb ad I don't quite read as much into it as this story does.

I read this story as more of an attack at GM trying to revamp Buick. I am still conviced there are people out there just paid to make GM fail anyway they can.

seen these new commercials. it will take more than this to not make people say buick=blue hair, but if sex with a car will make em think that will work.....God bless em

i would tend to think a 2010 turbocharged regal on a showroom floor asap would work a lot faster

>>"I am still conviced there are people out there just paid to make GM fail anyway they can."<<

It goes without saying that this has been ongoing for decades, now.

-- -- -- -- --

The article is completely overreaching & out of touch.

Buick has really never has a serious grab at the youthful markets. I know they said they did but putting a Buck cap on Tiger Wood does not make for a well thought out marketing campain.

Buick needs a little rock and roll like Caddy did. Classic Rock is doing well with many in the age groups of 20-55 so pick a song and group to lead the way. Not some metro sexual movie producer.

I agree on a Turbo. Let go for it all with the Opel Insigna 320 HP twin Turbo as a new Regal. THe lesser models would also so very well but the image of the Turbo would catch the youthfuls eye. You know the kind that pay attention to a Audi turbos.

Yes, please...

260624-1280.jpg

precisely. but i have my doubts on the US getting offered the good stuff.

especially if the opel situation implodes, we won't get the regal at all, is my bet.

buick has no chance in hell unless they can bring the insignia and astra here.

precisely. but i have my doubts on the US getting offered the good stuff.

especially if the opel situation implodes, we won't get the regal at all, is my bet.

buick has no chance in hell unless they can bring the insignia and astra here.

Remember the intent is to sell Opel and Saab but still share platforms and parts. We have never been given the details on Opel but from what has been given GM would still have some limited ties.

Remember the intent is to sell Opel and Saab but still share platforms and parts. We have never been given the details on Opel but from what has been given GM would still have some limited ties.

Buick = dead in 5 years or less if the Regal does not make it here. The Astra will only help Buick if its not half assed and not too expensive. My money is on a rebadge of the Cruze anyways.

<p><script type="text/javascript"> newVideoPlayer("/BuickTakeALook_gawker.flv", 506, 423,""); </script>Buick's new "<a class="autolink" title="Click here to read more posts tagged TAKE A LOOK AT ME NOW" href="http://jalopnik.com/tag/take-a-look-at-me-now/">Take A Look At Me Now</a>" ad campaign features a caricature of a creepy director seemingly ready to sleep with a new 2010 Buick LaCrosse and <a class="autolink" title="Click here to read more posts tagged 2009 ENCLAVE" href="http://jalopnik.com/tag/2009-enclave/">2009 Enclave</a>. It is, in a word, "awkward."</p> <p>Everyone knows there're better cars to sleep with than a <a class="autolink" title="Click here to read more posts tagged 2010 BUICK LACROSSE" href="http://jalopnik.com/tag/2010-buick-lacrosse/">2010 Buick LaCrosse</a> or a <a class="autolink" title="Click here to read more posts tagged 2009 BUICK ENCLAVE" href="http://jalopnik.com/tag/2009-buick-enclave/">2009 Buick Enclave</a>. We mean, don't get us wrong, Buick's new design's light-years better than what we've seen from Buick in the past — umm, forever — but by no means is it enough for us to want to spend the night with one. There's just something about a high plastic belt-line that makes us think "grandma" — and not in the sexy way. Well, not without a lot of coke and hard liquor. And is the message of "If you're young, you'll need drugs and alcohol to want one of our cars" really what Buick wants to be getting across to the public? We think not.</p>

Ever see a 50's Buick?

Didn't think so, junior.

Your content will need to be approved by a moderator

You are commenting as a guest. If you have an account, please sign in.
Reply to this topic...

×   You have pasted content with formatting.   Remove formatting

×   Your link has been automatically embedded.   Display as a link instead

×   Your previous content has been restored.   Clear editor

Sign in to follow this  
Followers 0

• Who's Online (See full list)

There are no registered users currently online

• Who's Chatting

There are no users currently in the chat room