Sign in to follow this  
Followers 0
NewsFeeder

BREAKING: Chevrolet Camaro outsells Ford Mustang in June

10 posts in this topic

Camaro_Tops_Mustang.jpgThe General wasn't bluffing when they said the Chevy Camaro might out-perform the 2010 Mustang in early summer sales. The Camaro was the best-selling muscle car in June by more than 1,000 units.

Building on the excitement over the new car, no doubt helped by Transformers: Revenge of the Fallen, the Camaro achieved sales of 9,320 units, compared to just 7,632 for the Mustang. Could this be the start of a trend?

di
di

full?d=H0mrP-F8Qgo full?d=yIl2AUoC8zA full?i=NY9RliyeaKQ:fRZ0dLvQ6QI:D7DqB2pKE full?i=NY9RliyeaKQ:fRZ0dLvQ6QI:V_sGLiPBp
NY9RliyeaKQ

View the full article

Filed under: Car Buying, Trends, Convertibles, Coupes, Sports/GTs, Chevrolet, Ford, GM

cammust_opt.jpg

Despite having fewer model variations on the market, pent up demand for the 2010 Chevrolet Camaro appears to have been enough to send the bad Bowtie past Ford's redone Mustang in June. Sales figures for the month are beginning to trickle in today, and General Motors says it shifted 9,320 Camaro units last month, as compared to the Blue Oval's 7,632 Mustangs.

Whether Chevrolet's victory will be sustainable over the long haul remains to be seen, but as The General has a backlog of 10,000 sold orders to fill (equating to less than a seven day supply), the streak is likely to continue for at least the next few months. Presently, GM offers just two main Camaro models, the V6 RS and the V8-powered SS, while the Ford Mustang has more bodystyles and trims than you can shake a stick at (arguably making the Camaro's achievement seemingly that much more impressive).

Sales of the third leg of 2009's pony car table, the Dodge Challenger, trail far behind, with just 1,369 units cleared last month.

As the industry heads into the dog days of summer, it looks like America's renewed pony car war is just heating up. Who will take the crown for the whole year? Sit tight, muscle fans.

Photos Copyright ©2009 Alex Nunez / Weblogs, Inc.

Photos Copyright ©2008 Drew Phillips / Weblogs, Inc.

BREAKING: Chevrolet Camaro outsells Ford Mustang in June originally appeared on Autoblog on Wed, 01 Jul 2009 14:42:00 EST. Please see our terms for use of feeds.

Permalink | Email this | Comments

di
di

autoblog?i=EVnm1Jnf7OM:y1DB1-fu8Bk:wF9xT autoblog?i=EVnm1Jnf7OM:y1DB1-fu8Bk:V_sGL
EVnm1Jnf7OM

View the full article

2 things

1, i am pleased pony cars are selling so well. it puts a sock in the mouth of all the envirobangers that think we only want to buy small hybrid cars.

2, i bet the camaro and mustang both outsell the beloved hyundai scoupe coupe II (OKA Genesis Coupe).

i bet the camaro and mustang both outsell the beloved hyundai scoupe coupe II (OKA Genesis Coupe).

+1

This should most definitely happen since the Camaro is so much better. Motor trend showed that a less expensive base 2LT was almost as fast as quick, and handled as well with its smallest wheel combo and out braked a Genesis 3.8l with track pack and brembos.

Edited by eldiablobanshee

oh. i thought EVERYONE wanted asian coupes, the next big thing. you see the camaro outsold the cobalt and aveo combined?

saw my first one driving around today. silver RS, pretty sure it wasn't an SS though. everyone knew it'd be a huge hit, how long it lasts is another story.

This just reinforces what we already know, people will buy great products. Now if GM would just rebadge the G8, they'd prove it even more.

This just reinforces what we already know, people will buy great products. Now if GM would just rebadge the G8, they'd prove it even more.

Yet they stubbornly cling to the "reality" they created for the G8 as some sort of "failure".

Idiocy!

Sweet! Can't wait to get my hands on one of these babys in the near future!

Your content will need to be approved by a moderator

You are commenting as a guest. If you have an account, please sign in.
Reply to this topic...

×   You have pasted content with formatting.   Remove formatting

×   Your link has been automatically embedded.   Display as a link instead

Sign in to follow this  
Followers 0