Server Move In Progress - Read More ×

Oh, Crap

My next-door neighbors have a porta potty in their driveway and the cul-de-sac is parked full. Crowds are milling about, in the street, on the sidewalk, they're everywhere. And I have to get up early to head to the mountains. This is not gonna be pretty.:nono:

Eat some Mexican food, and when the time is right, go into the Port-a-Potty and let out the nastiest crap you possibly can. Problem solved.

Do your neighbors throw wild parties often?

I live in a very quiet neighborhood and I love it.

Hopefully your home isn't trashed in some way when you get home...

Chris

...or I can loan you my 16 year old son, who could play lots of music loudly at a later time to make up for the mayhem this weekend.

Base...beat...honestly...I don't hear anything...

He's almost housebroken, just like your neighbors.

There will of course be a small rental fee...

Chris

You do know he lives in Amish country, how wild could it be? They don't even have electricity there ... :P

I laughed my ass off when I read that, PCS. Made me think of an old bearded guy milking a cow in 'blu's front yard at 4 ayem.

Maybe things will get really wild and the local amish girls will take off thier head coverings and show their calves...the kind of calves that are attached to their thighs.

Chris

...or I can loan you my 16 year old son, who could play lots of music loudly at a later time to make up for the mayhem this weekend.

Base...beat...honestly...I don't hear anything...

He's almost housebroken, just like your neighbors.

There will of course be a small rental fee...

Chris

:lol:

This thread could get interesting.... 8)

I laughed my ass off when I read that, PCS. Made me think of an old bearded guy milking a cow in 'blu's front yard at 4 ayem.

Maybe things will get really wild and the local amish girls will take off thier head coverings and show their calves...the kind of calves that are attached to their thighs.

Chris

:smilewide:

Sadly, my body clock still works properly. I was stone cold awake at 5 am. I think the last time I looked at the clock it was like 3 because of the noise. The thing is, the parties are not confined to the house. They are open-door garage parties (every Friday night for the last 3 weeks, lasting at least until 3-4 am, one week until 6 am!), and my bedroom is 10 feet from their garage. After the screaming kids and the women go to bed, the men remain, drunk and loudly discussing, laughing, joking, arguing. There are only 2 irregular cars over there now, and I'll be leaving in a couple of hours at the latest, so relief is mine. The porta potty is a new escalation, that's why I posted the thread. Everyone in the cul-de-sac has to be kept awake like I am (party guests come from elsewhere, not neighbors), it's like a stadium effect with the noise. And then there were the fireworks set off from the sidewalk directly in front of my house (because he has a big tree in the little grass strip between his sidewalk and the curb.)

No Amish in my development, sorry to not fit the stereotype.

When I come home from work or running around the city a couple of miles away, I want quiet in my own home that I am paying for. I don't have central air conditioning, so open windows are required for sleeping in the warm weather. I had to keep the windows closed to at least try to escape the crowd , and it was too warm to sleep. I tried to use the stereo to drown it out, but since that is irregular for me to sleep, it was also a distraction.

Is there such a thing as a noise ordinance?

Man do I sound grumpy, and I am. I feel it is rude to have a God-damned street party in a residential neighborhood that lasts almost until f@#king DAWN. And to do it REPEATEDLY on a WEEKLY BASIS. And yes there is trash in my yard this morning. Happy 4th, indeed.

Edited by ocnblu

is there a code of laws for the neighborhood? i have a friend that had a dirtbike. a subdivision opened up behind their neighborhood so they bought the lot that was dead smack behind them to keep their backyard private. they fenced it in and all and my buddy would ride his bike back there. a cop shows up one day because someone in the adjacent subdivision complained about the noise. turns out that there was a set of bylaws for that development that stated no motorized recreational vehicles were allowed. it only took one complaint. the guy wouldnt even break a deal with him and let him ride it on certain days at a certain time. he couldnt ride on their first lot because it was now attached to that other neighborhood via theirs. ended up having to sell the thing. there may be something like that in yours. some research may reveal some tranquility in your future.

or

call the water company and see if you can up your tap size from the standard half inch tap to a 2 inch tap and set one "stuck" sprinkler on timer pointed at the garage... bwaa ha ha ah ahahha

We've got neighborhood ordinances regarding all sorts of dumb stuff. "Oversize" vehicles cannot be parked along the street, which pisses off RV owners. We're not supposed to leave garage doors open unattended. I cant think of any noise related ones per se, but we used to have a bunch of d-bags on 49cc scooters running up and down the street at all hours of the night. Someone called the cops on them a few times, but they've been gone for a while, I assume the rental company evicted them on the grounds of being dumb white trash. And speaking of dumb white trash, the dude who used to go speeding by in his loud, ghetto 3rd gen Camaro now goes whizzing by on his Huffy. Hopefully that Camaro was turned into a paper weight.

OB, have you by any chance tried talking to your neighbors? I know its a lot of work, walking 60 feet, ringing the doorbell and saying something like, "Dude, seriously, quit being a prick" but it may be effective.

I cant think of any noise related ones per se, but we used to have a bunch of d-bags on 49cc scooters running up and down the street at all hours of the night.

walmart has the solution for that. Bass Eagle + frozen paintballs x dark = fun and deterrance^10

Well I got back home a bit ago from the mountains. Porta potty is still there, but my yard is cleaned up, and the street is swept up (fireworks detritus). Hopefully, no party this evening.

No central air? That practically is Amish living.

Call the cops to complain, whats the worst that can happen?

I loved central air. In KS even the cheap apartments had it. Up here you don't get that unless apartments are running 2k+.

I have no problem calling the cops when the people a few houses down are blasting music at 4am. The old neighbors used to do this. I would call frequently. The cops sometimes came but not usually. Once when I had to get up early and the guy was blasting music in his Tacoma about 10 feet from my window I had enough and shined my spot light on him...that did the trick.

At least those people are gone.

I'm a fairly large guy, and I've found that walking up towards a vehicle with a baseball bat usually gets things to be pretty clear to morons in a pretty short order.

Chris

Well...if your in Amish country...I'd suggest finding a gunsmith to make a Muzzle loader...get a moose permit from the local Amish game warden...and your all set...

(Just kidding)

Chris

I guess what I really want is for them to decide on their own to become responsible neighbors, and not just to me, to the neighborhood in general. There is a reverend and his family in the other half of his duplex, for example.

...and I'm sorry if my (very) weak attempt at humor was not taken well by you. We used to live near the OSU campus when my wife was in grad school and we had small children. What your going through really sucks...there are no good words for how it feels to wake up in the early ayem with noise.

Wish you luck, bro.

Chris