Stars, Stripes and Spots

Some fresh 2010 Malibu's on the local lot, while out running around today. I wanted to see the new wheels and the moved mirror buttons inside, and they had a selection already. Nothing too big, but one "boo" change is the new "Chrome-Tech" 17" wheels on 2LT 4-cyl models. They don't look as good and instead appear cheaper and plainer than the full aluminum wheels (like our '08) used until now. Also, the new Mocha Steel color looks SO much like the Amber Bronze they got rid of after '08, I was confused when I first saw it. Still, a great car, great looks, built very well, refined, etc. They also had some new '10 LS's and a new Black Granite/Ebony '10 LTZ that was quite the looker.

Mocha Steel (new color) '10 2LT 4-cyl

72609photo7.jpg

72609photo8.jpg

Summit White '10 2LT 4-cyl

72609photo5.jpg

72609photo6.jpg

72609photo10.jpg

Woof, the price has jumped lot since we bought our early '08 2LT that had more than this one, but was only $23,770 back in the day.

Edited by caddycruiser

• Replies 182
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

After Cubical and blu talked about early 70's Buicks and Pontiacs, this showed up a few blocks from work:

IMG_0502.jpg

IMG_0500.jpg

IMG_0501.jpg

Note the strange bike mounting point on the decklid

Then, on my way home, a stop at the only other local guy with a G8 that I actually know, have ridden in his car, etc. to drop off a part for his G8 from mine and car chat for a few minutes--plus check out the Camaro up close. His mother in law just traded her 35th Anniversary '02 Camaro SS in for her ordered '10 Camaro 2SS in Red Jewel & Titanium/Ebony. What a driveway we had, once I pulled in as well--especially since in addition to the G8 GT his wife drives and the Camaro, his DD Jeep GC SRT-8 was also out in the crowd.

All 4, my lowered Pacific Slate '09 G8 GT, the Red Jewel '10 Camaro 2SS, the Red Rock '07 GC SRT-8, and the Stryker Blue '09 G8 GT.

72609photo3.jpg

72609photo1.jpg

72609photo2.jpg

P.S., The Mountaineer was just a friend's (doesn't fit the rest, ey?), although, they did have a navy blue '03 Lincoln Navigator before that they traded for the G8 GT. He's big into the Mustang crowd and has had a few, and his wife had a late model Firehawk when they met (enough said there...). He races EVERYTHING too, from the Jeep to the G8, somewhat regularly. We'll have to race the G8's sometime, or take a few better fraternal twin pictures perhaps--love the Stryker Blue, almost as much as my Pacific Slate.

The mother-in-law was worried about liking Red Jewel vs. her flame red 35th Anniversary Camaro before but loves it so far...just thinks the car overall is a bit "boring" trim wise, hah :AH-HA_wink: He's working on that for her, little by little.

Edited by caddycruiser

I posted a pic of the Pontiac in the yard and the Buick by work, and everyone knows that you can't have a Pontiac and a Buick without an olds, saw this one also...

IMG_0542.jpg

IMG_0543.jpg

IMG_0545.jpg

IMG_0544.jpg

Sweet car, TED.

And that truck I thought was a 67? Learned two things. Only saw it from the drivers side, so I assumed it was a two door. but today, running an errand at work, I actually ran across the truck in an employee parking lot.

It's a 72 with a 67 Nose.

If I get a chance I'll nail it with some pics.

Chris

Saw a Jon Cooper Works MINI Cooper S, a MINT 63 Impala 4 Door, a BMW series 1, and a Pontiac G6 Convertible/hardtop, all on the top row of a car carrier.

Chris

A fully blacked out '04-06 Acura TL, lowered, and with 20" (best guess) chrome AMG'ish styled wheels. An interesting combo and that I didn't know was local until I first saw it Friday and then again today. Definitely not your average TL, but also not at all garish. Very well done, if I do say so myself vs. what you'd typically think of some Acura's.

i saved up this week

downsize_1-2.jpg

buick skyhawk ( could have sworn it was a monza :lol:)

downsize_2-2.jpg

for galaxie 500 skyliner(?)

downsize_3.jpg

bmw racer at the local fudruckers

downsize_7.jpg

a real or faked skyline i think it was even rt hand drive.

downsize_6.jpg

pontiac ventura 73-4?

downsize_5.jpg

the rarely seen douche-a-parkamus. perfectly healthy creature that parks in handicap parking spots because, well, he's a douche. i wanted to make an honest man out of him...

and last but not least

downsize-10.jpg

the local GM dealer has a white solstice targa. not a bad pic for driving by around 40mph hehe

Edited by cletus8269

Ventura makes me sad (the photo just generally has a lonely vibe), Solstice makes me happy.

dont be blu heheh its a daily driver, and when he isnt driving it he drives a top banana challenger se. they are both in about the same shape but they are drivers.

Went out at lunch...hot, sunny..car said it was 43.5C out (about 110F). Saw a goregous met. med-dark red '57 Buick ht waft by...or was it a mirage in the desert heat? So much chrome, whitewall tires, beautiful.

Rob

I am just so sad the Targa is going away...

That being said, I've seen a bunch of third gen Camaro's of all varieties, ranging from Race cars to an 82 Indy Pace Cars to Iroc convertible to....god only knows.

After not seeing them around in seemingly forever all of a sudden it's 1988 again around here.

Enjoying it.

Chris

Saw a beige Austin America on the back of a car hauler, minty condition. Don't think I've ever seen one of those in person. Also, a bright blue (non stock) '70 Cuda w/ chrome wheels and a black stripe w/ the hood up on the side of the road...must have plorched in the 113 degree heat.

Rob

At the exact moment I decided to run out mid-day from work for a few errands, I first saw a fire truck and then THIS incredible piece roll by in a funeral procession (a well known firefighter guy in the area, of sorts):

72809photo1.jpg

What a piece. And I've never seen it before, but it's local.

This was a 'Dos Equis' morning---saw two of the new '10 Equinoxes, one in a dark red and the other dark gray. They look good, very clean and modern design.

Seen a few '10 Mazda3s in the last couple days also...smiley looking front end.

Rob

Edited by Cubical-aka-Moltar

A hybrid 1968 Chevelle four-door sedan. And by that, I mean it was painted metallic red and black two-tone (actually tasteful, imo), with 20" bling chrome rims, but it had air shocks on the back for a rake, and a very healthy-sounding engine... sort of a mash-up of modding genres, if you will. It looked show-worthy, the whole thing was done so nicely.