!!!TED!!!

2010 Ford Transit Connect at the dealer

23 posts in this topic

Driving by a local Ford store this evening, I saw a tall white thing.

Here it is, the Ford Transit Connect at the dealer! It looks mildly retarded, especially when viewed from the side, but look at that milage rating!

I like the color name: Frozen White. :mellow:

VIDEO:

PICS:

IMG_1558.jpg

IMG_1559.jpg

IMG_1560.jpg

IMG_1561.jpg

IMG_1562.jpg

IMG_1563.jpg

IMG_1566.jpg

IMG_1567.jpg

IMG_1570.jpg

IMG_1571.jpg

That lower grille is a little awkward. And you'd think that since they used leftover Fusion headlights, they'd also use leftover Fusion chrome grilles. But I still like it, I think it'll be a good seller for Ford. It seems perfect for commercial applications.

That lower grille is a little awkward. And you'd think that since they used leftover Fusion headlights, they'd also use leftover Fusion chrome grilles. But I still like it, I think it'll be a good seller for Ford. It seems perfect for commercial applications.

Could be worse. This is the updated Connect.

It looked like this before:

2009-Ford-Transit-Connect-001.jpg

It's a great vehicle for what it is; I'm seeing quite a few base HHR panels so there's an appetite for four-banger commercial vans, and not everyone needs an ungainly Econoline.

Edited by Kix

Was this around in Europe before the N/A Fusion debuted?

Yes, a couple years I believe.

And couldn't they at least have thrown larger mirrors of to make outward visibility a little easier since there is no glass anywhere behind the front doors?

Video is up!

Reading the window sticker, it looks like this is #279 of the assembly line, and was built on June 1, 2009 in the Ford Otosan Kocaeli Plant, Turkey.

I like the Transit Connect, I think it could be a big seller to small businesses and utility companies, taxi companies, etc. There aren't any small vans made for utility so it is in a good niche. The one thing I would change is the engine, a 2.0 liter/4-speed isn't enough, and that could cause them to lose a lot of sales to other minivans. They should use the 2.5 liter four and 6-speed auto from the Fusion, it would probably have the same MPGs and accelerate much better.

I like the Transit Connect, I think it could be a big seller to small businesses and utility companies, taxi companies, etc. There aren't any small vans made for utility so it is in a good niche. The one thing I would change is the engine, a 2.0 liter/4-speed isn't enough, and that could cause them to lose a lot of sales to other minivans. They should use the 2.5 liter four and 6-speed auto from the Fusion, it would probably have the same MPGs and accelerate much better.

2.5 / 6 speed would be perfect.

the headlights are like some sort of anime look or something.

Ford is shrewd to market this here though. I know my brother in law is keen to possibly get one to replace his F150 as his install / company vehicle.

I think this may also become big someday as like a school transport vehicle. Also possibly as a handicap transport vehicle. Airport / hotel shuttles too.

They should hybrid this thing and make postal vehicles out of em.

Edited by regfootball

They should hybrid this thing and make postal vehicles out of em.

There's an EV version coming next year.

Cool little van, I think it will hit an untapped niche and really do well.

I am thrilled that the Transit Connect is FINALLY ready for sale here. I have been a fan of this little cutie since the teaser pics circulated years ago.

However, I think that plastic wheel covers (Transit's are not even the secure bolt-on type!!!) are uncool, especially at anything over the $25K price point.

Looking at this, I think of the 'white van man' subculture in the UK that Top Gear refers to occasionally.

White van man

Can you get these witch extra seating? If so I would buy one of these over pretty much any small to midsize crossover.

Can you get these witch extra seating? If so I would buy one of these over pretty much any small to midsize crossover.

Linkypoo

Looks like the Van is 2-passenger only while the XL Wagon is 4-passenger and the XLT Wagon is 5-passenger.

I like these European vans that aren't monstrous V8-powered relics from the 80s, but still have plenty of space inside for stuff.

Somehow I mistook this to come with diesel powertrain. Doesn't the Euro version come with one?

Great vehicle.

Somehow I mistook this to come with diesel powertrain. Doesn't the Euro version come with one?

Great vehicle.

99% of them in Europe are probably diesel. They probably stuck in a gas 4 for the US market, as US buyers seem to avoid diesels.

I bet that the diesel could have a pretty good take rate in the U.S. since 99.9% of these are going to go to commercial buyers.

I bet that the diesel could have a pretty good take rate in the U.S. since 99.9% of these are going to go to commercial buyers.

+1. That is why Dodge (nee Mercedes) Sprinter is selling so well. It does not have a feisty engine, but its diesel doing a superb duty.

Torque is what pulls a load, and diesel engines excel at producing it. I'd like to see the diesel find its way here.

Your content will need to be approved by a moderator

You are commenting as a guest. If you have an account, please sign in.
Reply to this topic...

×   You have pasted content with formatting.   Remove formatting

×   Your link has been automatically embedded.   Display as a link instead

×   Your previous content has been restored.   Clear editor