!!!TED!!!

2010 Ford Transit Connect at the dealer

Driving by a local Ford store this evening, I saw a tall white thing.

Here it is, the Ford Transit Connect at the dealer! It looks mildly retarded, especially when viewed from the side, but look at that milage rating!

I like the color name: Frozen White. :mellow:

VIDEO:

PICS:

IMG_1558.jpg

IMG_1559.jpg

IMG_1560.jpg

IMG_1561.jpg

IMG_1562.jpg

IMG_1563.jpg

IMG_1566.jpg

IMG_1567.jpg

IMG_1570.jpg

IMG_1571.jpg

That lower grille is a little awkward. And you'd think that since they used leftover Fusion headlights, they'd also use leftover Fusion chrome grilles. But I still like it, I think it'll be a good seller for Ford. It seems perfect for commercial applications.

That lower grille is a little awkward. And you'd think that since they used leftover Fusion headlights, they'd also use leftover Fusion chrome grilles. But I still like it, I think it'll be a good seller for Ford. It seems perfect for commercial applications.

Could be worse. This is the updated Connect.

It looked like this before:

2009-Ford-Transit-Connect-001.jpg

It's a great vehicle for what it is; I'm seeing quite a few base HHR panels so there's an appetite for four-banger commercial vans, and not everyone needs an ungainly Econoline.

Edited by Kix

Was this around in Europe before the N/A Fusion debuted?

Yes, a couple years I believe.

And couldn't they at least have thrown larger mirrors of to make outward visibility a little easier since there is no glass anywhere behind the front doors?

Video is up!

Reading the window sticker, it looks like this is #279 of the assembly line, and was built on June 1, 2009 in the Ford Otosan Kocaeli Plant, Turkey.

I like the Transit Connect, I think it could be a big seller to small businesses and utility companies, taxi companies, etc. There aren't any small vans made for utility so it is in a good niche. The one thing I would change is the engine, a 2.0 liter/4-speed isn't enough, and that could cause them to lose a lot of sales to other minivans. They should use the 2.5 liter four and 6-speed auto from the Fusion, it would probably have the same MPGs and accelerate much better.

I like the Transit Connect, I think it could be a big seller to small businesses and utility companies, taxi companies, etc. There aren't any small vans made for utility so it is in a good niche. The one thing I would change is the engine, a 2.0 liter/4-speed isn't enough, and that could cause them to lose a lot of sales to other minivans. They should use the 2.5 liter four and 6-speed auto from the Fusion, it would probably have the same MPGs and accelerate much better.

2.5 / 6 speed would be perfect.

the headlights are like some sort of anime look or something.

Ford is shrewd to market this here though. I know my brother in law is keen to possibly get one to replace his F150 as his install / company vehicle.

I think this may also become big someday as like a school transport vehicle. Also possibly as a handicap transport vehicle. Airport / hotel shuttles too.

They should hybrid this thing and make postal vehicles out of em.

Edited by regfootball

Cool little van, I think it will hit an untapped niche and really do well.

I am thrilled that the Transit Connect is FINALLY ready for sale here. I have been a fan of this little cutie since the teaser pics circulated years ago.

However, I think that plastic wheel covers (Transit's are not even the secure bolt-on type!!!) are uncool, especially at anything over the $25K price point.

Can you get these witch extra seating? If so I would buy one of these over pretty much any small to midsize crossover.

Can you get these witch extra seating? If so I would buy one of these over pretty much any small to midsize crossover.

Linkypoo

Looks like the Van is 2-passenger only while the XL Wagon is 4-passenger and the XLT Wagon is 5-passenger.

I like these European vans that aren't monstrous V8-powered relics from the 80s, but still have plenty of space inside for stuff.

Somehow I mistook this to come with diesel powertrain. Doesn't the Euro version come with one?

Great vehicle.

Somehow I mistook this to come with diesel powertrain. Doesn't the Euro version come with one?

Great vehicle.

99% of them in Europe are probably diesel. They probably stuck in a gas 4 for the US market, as US buyers seem to avoid diesels.

I bet that the diesel could have a pretty good take rate in the U.S. since 99.9% of these are going to go to commercial buyers.

I bet that the diesel could have a pretty good take rate in the U.S. since 99.9% of these are going to go to commercial buyers.

+1. That is why Dodge (nee Mercedes) Sprinter is selling so well. It does not have a feisty engine, but its diesel doing a superb duty.

Torque is what pulls a load, and diesel engines excel at producing it. I'd like to see the diesel find its way here.

Your content will need to be approved by a moderator

You are commenting as a guest. If you have an account, please sign in.
Reply to this topic...

×   Pasted as rich text.   Paste as plain text instead

Only 75 emoticons maximum are allowed.

×   Your link has been automatically embedded.   Display as a link instead

×   Your previous content has been restored.   Clear editor

×   You cannot paste images directly. Upload or insert images from URL.

About us

CheersandGears.com - Founded 2001

We  Cars

Get in touch

Follow us

Recent tweets

facebook