Server Move In Progress - Read More ×

By next week...

• 1 month later...

I bought these off an LH forums member for $200. The price was right, since they've got a decent set of Michelin Pilot Alpine tires on them...very nice tires...I like them a lot.

They've got some curb rash on them, I'm going to touch them up soon.

The more I look at them the more I like them. I noticed that the new Z4 has wheels similar to these, which is neat.

These 18" wheels really fill out the wheel wells nice and look better proportioned than the 16"s ever did. Plus the ride doesn't suffer at all.

I'm happy :D

Good job. One of the best aftermarket wheels which are not too blingy, tacky or hideous. Great price too.

I love them.

Thanks and I agree! When I first saw them I was like "eh, they're not bad, but the price is right" However they've really grown on me. Now I do eventually want a set of 5 spokes that either are or are like the Caliber SRT4's, however I'm quite happy with these.

Just remember to get the speedometer recalibrated, lest you get a speeding ticket.

hehe thats an interesting trick. my buddy got stopped on his way home from colorado one night doin 110 in is 99 2dr tahoe. the cop clocked him and my buddy couldnt convince him that he couldnt have been doing that cause the governor kicked in at 100mph. after lots of head scratching the officer asked if his tires were OEM or aftermarket. its then that he realized he had dropped the stocks in favor of 35" tires without fixing the speedometer. the cop cited him a for driving too fast for conditions $75 and told him to get it fixed ASAP.

A guy I worked with way back in the day had an Avenger that wouldn't pass inspection because the rubber was bad. So he looked at his wrecked Celica, realized they haad the same number of lugs, therefore they should go right on. So he did it, replaced the 16's on the Avenger with the Celica's 14's. And his speedometer was off by a lot. He said he drove by one of those radar gun trailers they had set up in town and that the speed difference was like 7 mph at a very low speed, I think 30 or 35mph so going faster it would have been even larger.

Nope, just used a really good buffer and some really good wax. It's looks amazing now! :D

Yeah, it looks great from the pics...wish my Jeep's finish was that good after 100k. Is that your original paint? For some reason, I thought your car was gray or that goldish-gray (I think what Chrysler called Taupe) but maybe I'm confusing it with my buddy Steve's wife's '99 Intrepid (hers is that gold-gray).

Rob

Edited by Cubical-aka-Moltar

Yeah, it looks great from the pics...wish my Jeep's finish was that good after 100k. Is that your original paint? For some reason, I thought your car was gray or that goldish-gray (I think what Chrysler called Taupe) but maybe I'm confusing it with my buddy Steve's wife's '99 Intrepid (hers is that gold-gray).

Rob

Yep, it's the original paint, that wax works wonders. It's called Steel Blue Pearlcoat. It's an interesting color because the intensity of the blue varies depending on the lighting conditions. However because it has started to loose some of it's luster, it does look somewhat grayish in some photos.

100_2081.jpg

Not anymore though, that wax job restored the luster and it is much deeper now. I'm so happy about that. ^_^

Meguiar's FTW!

Yep, it's the original paint, that wax works wonders. It's called Steel Blue Pearlcoat. It's an interesting color because the intensity of the blue varies depending on the lighting conditions. However because it has started to loose some of it's luster, it does look somewhat grayish in some photos.

Meguiar's FTW!

Ok...I remember it looking gray in some pics a while back. I think Jeep had that same color in '99-01 or so. My Jeep's Patriot Blue (dark blue) looks great when it's waxed on a sunny day, but up close, I have many chips and scratches..

Rob

your car looks great and the wheels are perfect. i love those wheels! i so much prefer cab forward to the gangsta style of the LX cars now.

I do too, but the Charger police cars and the Charger's in the Chryco heritage colors.

Chris

• 2 weeks later...

Thanks guys. :)

For whoever was curious about what sort of wheels they are, they're Mille Miglia Uno 18"x7.5" wheels.

Mille-Miglia_Uno_18x8.jpg

Took the car on a 240 mile trip today. Was great one way, not so much the next. Got tired about halfway home and it f***ing rained like crazy. Combine that with the fact that it got dark and I didn't enjoy the drive home. Not the car's fault though. The ride up was great. OTIC says I averaged 28.3 mpg. Not too shabby.

091.jpg

123.jpg

Little story about this place. When I was young there used a place called Bea's. i don't remember what the food was like but they would regularly hold classic car shows in their parking lot. I remember going there regularly with my family to see all of the amazing classics...right down the road from where I live.

They closed the shop, which was left standing for a while but was eventually torn down. I guess Methuen had plans to build a boat ramp but they never materialized. All that's left is an empty parking lot, save for a couple people who want to look at the river, and this memorial.

That's the first time I've ever seen a memorial to a sandwich shop.

Odd, but cool in it's own way.

I think its because it had loyal customers and it also hosted car shows. I don't know exactly...closed down when I was still young.

You car is looking great with all your upgrades...paint looks great in these pics...that's the original paint? I wish my Jeep still looked that good after 9+ years...

Thanks! Yes it's original paint. :D

You can make yours look good too I bet.

Thanks! Yes it's original paint. :D

You can make yours look good too I bet.

I have a lot of paint chips, esp. the front edges of the front fenders and hood. And the big quarter panel dent from 4 years ago that I never bothered to fix. Might get that repaired and a repaint eventually.

You got the mechanicals right first, which is the important part.

So what is the next car you and Jessichan are going to buy? A RWD 300 since they are now so cheap? A gently used new Challenger? What are your thoughts...?

Chris

Thinking a cheap ($300) beater. I'm probably going to store mine and I'd rather not let rust attack the Prizm. So I'm looking for a car that runs drives and the important bits work. Can be any make or model, just something I don't have to care about. Saw a few things while window shopping...an Acclaim, an Accord, and a Camry wagon. :scratchchin:

Like I said, I don't want to care about the car...it's purpose would just be to get through winter and keep the others out of it.

As far as nice cars go. Jessica likes the 300M a lot, so that's high on the list. It's her turn for a car next. After that, well it all depends on what sort of financial position I'm in.