Sign in to follow this  
Followers 0
NewsFeeder

Jalopnik: 2010 Honda Accord Crosstour Now Official! [New Cars]

13 posts in this topic

2010_Honda_Accord_Crosstour.jpgThe Toyota Venza-challenging vehicle we've seen teased will officially be called the 2010 Honda Accord Crosstour and go on sale this fall. Remember, it's a CUV, not a wagon.

Details are scarce in the Honda press missive, but the spy photos we've seen show something probably not based on the actual Accord platform, but rather something like the current Acura TSX/European Honda Accord Tourer (pictured). We'll find out what is actually going on under there shortly according to Honda:

07/07/2009 - Torrance, CA -

An all-new crossover vehicle based on the award-winning Honda Accord will go on-sale in the fall of 2009 as the "
Accord Crosstour
," American Honda Motor Co., Inc., announced today. This new addition to the Honda lineup will be sold as a 2010 model. Additional information will be announced later in the year.

[source: Honda]

di
di

full?d=H0mrP-F8Qgo full?d=yIl2AUoC8zA full?i=GddCeDl7w0o:HWoXcw9qePk:D7DqB2pKE full?i=GddCeDl7w0o:HWoXcw9qePk:V_sGLiPBp
GddCeDl7w0o

View the full article

it's not baaaaad looking. but F it, it's a wagon. hahah

You know what, I don't think that's it. The taped-over car we've seen in spyshots is clearly more of a hatchback-type car, totally different from this European Accord wagon.

Crosstour

Edited by ocnblu

Makes me think of an old Saab "5-door".

Why such fear of real wagons?

Interesting they haven't tried to differentiate it more from the Euro Accord/TSX before bringing it over. It is easily recognizable as a Euro Accord wagon/TSX wagon, not an American Accord wagon.

Makes me think of an old Saab "5-door".

Why such fear of real wagons?

Because Americans have a fear of real wagons.

That picture is not it, just a Euro Accord wagon.

See spyshots for what it's going to look like and use your imagine for the camo'd spots.

Yup, siegen has it. I linked to it above in my earlier comment.

The "crossover" we get will likely guzzle more gas, handle worse, cost more, and have less cargo space... because we don't like wagons.

The "crossover" we get will likely guzzle more gas, handle worse, cost more, and have less cargo space... because we don't like wagons.

Well I'm thinking it will probably get a little worse mileage than the Accord, but not significant; maybe 1-2 tops. It's based on the Accord after all and will likely have the same powerplants. The weight will be the main penalty. Handling shouldn't be much worse if at all. Unless they stick it with crappy tires.

As for cargo, it looks to have significantly more cargo room than the Accord sedan.

I'm sure it will cost a bit more than the Accord sedan, but hopefully not much more.

I'm wondering if there will be 2.4L and 3.5L powerplants, or just the 3.5L.

Because Americans have a fear of real wagons.

I don't fear REAL wagons But then its not quite what I'd call a real wagon. What will it tow?

I do think that wont be the car we'll get though, heavier & taller I'd bet.