Sign in to follow this  
Followers 0
NewsFeeder

AutoBlog: The Greenwash to End All Greenwashing? GM reportedly pondering changing logo color

17 posts in this topic

Filed under: Green, Marketing/Advertising, GM

spark-2-580-2c.jpg
2010 Chevy Spark - Click above for high-res image gallery

gm_green_logo.jpgGeneral Motors has certainly been pumping out a greener message for the last few years, but, on the eve of its likely emergence from bankruptcy, it looks like it might be ridiculously difficult to miss the company's shift to a new and very public eco-mindset: The General's traditional blue square logo could become green. No, really.

While no official decision has not yet been made, insiders are saying that the background color change is being considered, "in an effort to show consumers that it is leaner and greener, more focused on fuel efficiency and better able to make quick decisions," says MSNBC.

The fuel efficiency meaning of a possible new green logo is easy to understand and the "quick decisions" part reflects a new GM that will likely have 35 percent fewer executives to go along with fewer employees overall. More announcements on these issues and the fate of the Spark minicar could come tomorrow, when GM is expected to emerge from bankruptcy.

The real color change that GM needs to make, of course, is a shift from red to black - but that's significantly harder than swapping pixels in a logo.

[source: MSNBC]

The Greenwash to End All Greenwashing? GM reportedly pondering changing logo color originally appeared on Autoblog on Thu, 09 Jul 2009 10:27:00 EST. Please see our terms for use of feeds.

Read | Permalink | Email this | Comments

di
di

autoblog?i=jNdVx2sO1kg:nXi3vU_r9CA:wF9xT autoblog?i=jNdVx2sO1kg:nXi3vU_r9CA:V_sGL
jNdVx2sO1kg

View the full article

There are worse things they could do. At least it would tell people "this is a new company, check it out". Though most people probably wouldn't even realize it's different.

The people that waste their time thinking about meaningless crap like this need to be packaged with the rest of the liabilities that GM is leaving behind in bankruptcy court. Let them be someone else's problem.

The people that waste their time thinking about meaningless crap like this need to be packaged with the rest of the liabilities that GM is leaving behind in bankruptcy court. Let them be someone else's problem.

^I like this one.

I don't mind the idea of a new logo, just don't spend 6 million dollars designing it.

HERE'S AN IDEA GM!

Have a national contest like American Idol where designers from everywhere can submit entries for new logos across the line. Voting can take place on (ahem) faithful GM fan sites or via TXT message.

The winner gets a Camaro RS.

If they made it silver or chrome like they put on their cars, that might be a good idea.

Exactly. They've been "New GM" for what, a week? and they are already back to the "re-arranging deck chairs on the Titanic" decision making.

I don't mind the idea of a new logo, just don't spend 6 million dollars designing it.

HERE'S AN IDEA GM!

Have a national contest like American Idol where designers from everywhere can submit entries for new logos across the line. Voting can take place on (ahem) faithful GM fan sites or via TXT message.

The winner gets a Camaro RS.

or $35 bucks and some stock like NIKE did hehehe

They should leave the logo as it is. If they change the color of it, then they have to pay to replace all the signs at dealerships, on their factories, offices, etc. And since they don't sell GM brand anything, I don't think the logo matters that much.

If they want to change the logo do it some time in the future. GM had more important things to worry about right now like a new Impala.

A modernization of the present blue emblem would be fine later. If you need green put them on the hybrid cars and electrics only.

I wouldn't mind a nice, deep forest green; however, aside from the fender/door logo they recently began to tack on their rides, it doesn't matter that much.

Your content will need to be approved by a moderator

You are commenting as a guest. If you have an account, please sign in.
Reply to this topic...

×   You have pasted content with formatting.   Remove formatting

×   Your link has been automatically embedded.   Display as a link instead

Sign in to follow this  
Followers 0

• Who's Online (See full list)

There are no registered users currently online

• Who's Chatting

There are no users currently in the chat room