Sign in to follow this  
Followers 0
NewsFeeder

AutoBlog: Fun while it lasted: Porsche Panamera Turbo reportedly tops Cadillac CTS-V's 'Ring record

15 posts in this topic

Filed under: Cadillac, Porsche

panamera__23_optb.jpg
2010 Porsche Panamera - Click above for high-res image gallery

It's been just over a year since Cadillac captured the title of fastest production four-door car when John Heinricy circulated the Nürburgring's north loop with a CTS-V in under eight minutes. Considering the pace of leap-frogging between the Nissan GT-R, Corvette ZR1 and Viper ACR it's a bit surprising that it took this long for someone to top the super-Caddy. What's not surprising is that it was a Porsche that finally outran the CTS-V.

Now that the four-door Porsche Panamera has been thrust upon the world, it was only a matter of time before one the test drivers from Weissach brought the crown back to the fatherland. The 500-horsepower Panamera Turbo lapped the Nordschleife in 7 minutes, 56 seconds, 3 seconds faster than the Cadillac.

When Heinricy set his 7:59 time last year, it was done in an automatic CTS-V in a single hot lap at the end of a test session. With any luck, we'll see Heinricy or perhaps one of the Corvette C6.R drivers like Johnny O'Connell head back to the Eiffel mountains for another go.

All Photos Copyright ©2009 Michael Harley / Weblogs, Inc.

[source: TopSpeed]

Fun while it lasted: Porsche Panamera Turbo reportedly tops Cadillac CTS-V's 'Ring record originally appeared on Autoblog on Sun, 12 Jul 2009 09:59:00 EST. Please see our terms for use of feeds.

Permalink | Email this | Comments

di
di

autoblog?i=v8oDYMKEsng:bVOez4sxrXo:wF9xT autoblog?i=v8oDYMKEsng:bVOez4sxrXo:V_sGL
v8oDYMKEsng

View the full article

Good work... but that image just looks weird. I can't wrap my head around 911 styling with four doors.

I think because Porsches have looked about the same for eons, every time the designers have toc ome up with something that isn't a coupe, it just overloads their brains, and they just mentally stretch a 911 body over whatever they have to design. In the Cayenne's case a beached whale, and teh sedan's case something with a hump back.

It may be three seconds faster, but the CTS-V is three-times better looking.

Of course, now people will be back to going OMG CADDY IS TEH SUXORZ GIVE UP AND COMPETE WITH ACURA AND LINCLOLN!!!!!!!!

Factory optional supercharger underdrive pulley on the CTS-V.

Problem solved.

Anytime a car sets one of these records, it's inevitable someone will beat it sooner or later.

As Wrong as a Porsche SUV was, the Panamera is ten times worse.

Not even the designers asked "What if...?" on this one; how it happened no one may ever kno.

Hideous looking car. The Panamera lost a race against the mail on Top Gear tonight. The new M5 will be king once more. But I still like the Jags, they might not be the fastest, but they are quick and look the best.

Hideous looking car. The Panamera lost a race against the mail on Top Gear tonight. The new M5 will be king once more. But I still like the Jags, they might not be the fastest, but they are quick and look the best.

The next M5 better be king since it's newer and will have time to study the competition...because if it isn't that would be as pathetic as it will (probably) be ugly.

The effort put forth into the Panamera should have been used to bring us a true 928 successor.

And I see smk lurking this thread. What's your comment going to say there bud? It was inevitable that the Porsche would've won because it's seats can roast your wiener and chestnuts better than an open flame and can move 15 different ways up, down, sideways, and diagonally?

Edited by YellowJacket894

From that picture, it looks like Porsche's inspiration was a really riced-up '95-'99 Neon? :blink:

Meh, whatever the case, I'm proud to say I work for the company that did (at least part) of the interior for both the CTS-V and Panamera. :P

Meh, whatever the case, I'm proud to say I work for the company that did (at least part) of the interior for both the CTS-V and Panamera. :P

Holy $h!! You aren't dead? :neenerneener:

Your content will need to be approved by a moderator

You are commenting as a guest. If you have an account, please sign in.
Reply to this topic...

×   You have pasted content with formatting.   Remove formatting

×   Your link has been automatically embedded.   Display as a link instead

×   Your previous content has been restored.   Clear editor

Sign in to follow this  
Followers 0