Server Move In Progress - Read More ×

Next car?

• Replies 109
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Y'damn whipper snappers and your newfangled whoziwhatsits and shenanigans.

Now ya better quit with the tomfoolery there son and quit horseplayin' on the forums dammit!

You shouldn't have dated the same girls I started out with. Would've saved you some trouble.

Well in this state you have two different kinds of girls: you have whores and bible thumpin' bitches. You never know who the whores have been with and the bible thumpin' bitches are too busy preachin' the word of God almighty at all of the whores to become one of the whores. So there really isn't much choice. And if you sleep with one of the bible thumpin' bitches, she's probably a mole sent out by the whores to destroy the bible thumpin' bitches.

Are ya following me so far there son ... ?

DF: My father actually did that exact thing to the Eagle Vision he had for a few years. The nose was crushed in the front and pushed to the left. He ended up using the entire piece in that pic you posted. Plasma cutter FTW.

NOS: Don't gloat just because it's not a Series III 3800 like yours was

YJ: After seeing those pics, I'd like to suggest a different approach to getting your friend to pay for the damages. Namely, one that involves beating the crap out of him until he hands over the money. If that guy with the F-bird in Medford responds to you and you get to the point where you want a visual inspection, let me know. Medford is only about 5mi from me.

DF: My father actually did that exact thing to the Eagle Vision he had for a few years. The nose was crushed in the front and pushed to the left. He ended up using the entire piece in that pic you posted. Plasma cutter FTW.

NOS: Don't gloat just because it's not a Series III 3800 like yours was

YJ: After seeing those pics, I'd like to suggest a different approach to getting your friend to pay for the damages. Namely, one that involves beating the crap out of him until he hands over the money. If that guy with the F-bird in Medford responds to you and you get to the point where you want a visual inspection, let me know. Medford is only about 5mi from me.

Not to hijack the thread, but I would love an Eagle Vision. They're the most rare of the LH cars, and my favorite of the first gens. Plus it had the sportiest suspension tuning of the first gens. There's one in the next town over for $400, but I are poor. :(

Not to hijack the thread, but I would love an Eagle Vision. They're the most rare of the LH cars, and my favorite of the first gens. Plus it had the sportiest suspension tuning of the first gens. There's one in the next town over for $400, but I are poor. :(

Well the 300M was the next-gen Vision, sent to Chrysler when Eagle got the axe.

Well the 300M was the next-gen Vision, sent to Chrysler when Eagle got the axe.

Yep, there's photos floating around with prototypes wearing Eagle badges. Naming it the 300M pissed off a lot of traditionalists since it didn't make at least 300 horsepower. But, especially in the later Special form, it was one of the best handling FWDers of its time.

There's only one problem with doing that: if someone does a $h!ty job on the welds, the whole front clip of the car will crush much worse in an impact. I don't know if I'm willing to take that risk.

NOS: Don't gloat just because it's not a Series III 3800 like yours was.

Fer real-ul. A Series III? What happened? Did the stock Series II throw a piston? :neenerneener:

Oh, I'll have much greater satisfaction seeing his military career shot to hell if he doesn't pay me. If he values his future, his free rent, and his free ride to college, he'll bleed some green for me. If not, he'll pay me with his future. I've got his head in a noose and his feet in Crisco.

And I'll let you know something if I want you to take a look at the blue 'Bird for me. I really appreciate it, Z. :)

That's not bad at all, but I'll have to buy two new fenders (the passenger side was cracked at the bottom when I bought the car and it needed to be replaced) and they're about $150 to $200 dollars a piece, depending on who has them and if the person who has them got laid the previous night. A new hood (which I would go for the SLP Firehawk one I wanted or at least a Ram Air hood from a Trans Am) costs around $350 or so. A new bumper/fascia valence would run me around $250 I believe. So I'm pretty much looking at a grand in new parts for the exterior in addition to buying the new front structure. Then there's the cost of welding that and having those parts painted as well as having the strut tower put back right and the tie rod end replaced. I also had planned to smooth the dents out of the rear quarter panels before my car was totaled and I'm not sure exactly how much that would run. For the cost to have all of this done, I can just buy another car and recover some of the loss by parting out my old Firebird. I would repair it in a heartbeat if the damage was less severe, but that's obviously not an option. The car's KBB value was only $3650 because it wasn't in excellent condition and was only in good condition. The cost to repair it far exceeds the KBB value.

Edited by YellowJacket894

OMG, YJ ... what an awful situation ... and that damage ... arg.

Very sorry that happened ... GOOD LUCK in finding a replacement ... and getting things straightened out with that friend. My goodness.........I can't begin to imagine what you're feeling about all this right about now :(.

Cort | 35swm | "Mr Monte Carlo"."Mr Road Trip" | pig valve.pacemaker ...Chitown #2 = 07/25/09

WRMNshowcase.legos.HO.models.MCs.RTs.CHD = http://www.chevyasylum.com/cort

"Action speaks louder than words" ... Black Crowes ... 'Hard To Handle'

OMG, YJ ... what an awful situation ... and that damage ... arg.

Very sorry that happened ... GOOD LUCK in finding a replacement ... and getting things straightened out with that friend. My goodness.........I can't begin to imagine what you're feeling about all this right about now :(.

Cort | 35swm | "Mr Monte Carlo"."Mr Road Trip" | pig valve.pacemaker ...Chitown #2 = 07/25/09

WRMNshowcase.legos.HO.models.MCs.RTs.CHD = http://www.chevyasylum.com/cort

"Action speaks louder than words" ... Black Crowes ... 'Hard To Handle'

Thanks Cort. :)

Things honestly haven't been ... peachy for me lately and this is a horrible insult to injury to say the least.

You'll get this sorted out one way or the other. Like you said, sometimes there are alternatives ways to getting what you want without ever raising your voice or a fist that hurt way more than the other 2 ways. Heh Heh.

There's only one problem with doing that: if someone does a $h!ty job on the welds, the whole front clip of the car will crush much worse in an impact. I don't know if I'm willing to take that risk.

That's why he used the whole clip. He wanted to be sure it was as strong and straight as it was rom the factory. Put it this way - the car was a 907a (stolen recovery), and before he can get a salvage title for it, it had to go to for an inspection. They couldn't even tell the front clip was replaced.

You'll get this sorted out one way or the other. Like you said, sometimes there are alternatives ways to getting what you want without ever raising your voice or a fist that hurt way more than the other 2 ways. Heh Heh.

And that's the approach I want to take: hit 'em right where it hurts without beating 'em in the face with a lug wrench. There's much more satisfaction in tearing down someone's personal life in a way that they can't recover from rather than causing physical injury which they can recover from.

Damn ... am I really that vindictive? :P

Yes, it is time to lay her to rest, Jacket. Part her out, sell what you don't need, keep some things, and find yourself another car to lurve. AND GET PAID BY THE EM EFFER THAT DID THIS.

That's the plan, man. Like I keep saying, he's going to pay, one way or another.

That's why he used the whole clip. He wanted to be sure it was as strong and straight as it was rom the factory. Put it this way - the car was a 907a (stolen recovery), and before he can get a salvage title for it, it had to go to for an inspection. They couldn't even tell the front clip was replaced.

I really do want to try and fix everything that my car needs and needed, and find someone who could do it right, but it's money and time that I really don't have to spend.

Well, I know I'm going to look at this ASAP, possibly tonight if I can: http://lexington.craigslist.org/cto/1270241297.html

3n33m53pfZZZZZZZZZ97e82ab6d0a16c713b0.jp

As for those gawd-awful rims, I have a complete set of Olds Rally rims I bought for the '72 I can put on it, so problem solved there. If the guy will take $500 less for it, as much as I want another Firebird of any generation, I will go for it, no question, no contest.

Sweet...things may work out well after all.

yellow Jacket...if you fix the 'bird, I've done some electrical work for a few body guys and I have a few favors owed to me.

I also know a guy who can weld...actually 4 or 5...that I would trust with my life...

Chris

Now ya better quit with the tomfoolery there son and quit horseplayin' on the forums dammit! Well in this state you have two different kinds of girls: you have whores and bible thumpin' bitches. You never know who the whores have been with and the bible thumpin' bitches are too busy preachin' the word of God almighty at all of the whores to become one of the whores. So there really isn't much choice. And if you sleep with one of the bible thumpin' bitches, she's probably a mole sent out by the whores to destroy the bible thumpin' bitches. Are ya following me so far there son ... ?

I used to be religious...Bible thumping bitches love it just as much as whores...trust me...

And you thought an LS1 would scream when you got into it...

Chris

I used to be religious...Bible thumping bitches love it just as much as whores...trust me...

And you thought an LS1 would scream when you got into it...

Chris

Now, ya see ya didn't follow me thur. If one of them there Bible-thumpin' bitches wants it and takes it, she's a whore sent out to take out the Bible-thumpin' bitches by changin' whatcha'uld cawl thur purcept-tin er how they's viewed by people I guess is whaddeye'd whanna say.

Cool sig, Jacket.

Thank ya sir.

Well, I won't have a way to see the '71 until next week. I am going to check it out, however. I'm determined to at least try to get that car before someone else snaps it up.

Something else I'm thinking about in the back of my mind: http://knoxville.craigslist.org/cto/1244142133.html

Cort would hate me. :P

Getting your hands on that Monte would almost make it worth loosing the 'bird

Indeed it would almost be worth it, but that car is ever so slightly out of my price range once I get to thinking about it. It needs a lot of bodywork when you study the pics a little and I won't have the money to fund that little project for a while.

Update: I looked at the '71 Cutty S today. The guy said he would take $3500 for it minus the dubs. I'm currently in the process of figuring out what to do next. If I do decide I want it, I want it in my possession by Tuesday or Wednesday.

As for what it needs, it's going to need a paint job, of course. The previous owner that had it before the guy who has it now tried to do a polyurethane paintjob and completely screwed it up to hell when it came time to sand it. It's also going to need a new 2-barrel carburetor to replace the 4-barrel Holley that's on it right now because, well, that carb isn't much more reliable than the Edelbrock that was on the '72 when I got it. It will keep the car running better than the '72's Edelbrock did, sure, but I wouldn't trust it on a long trip. And since I want it without the wheels and tires, I'm going to need to mount some tires to the set of Rallys I have for the '72 to drive it home on. Also, the driver's side exhaust manifold has a leaky gasket that I'll have to replace.

Other than that, it has a solid body, floor pans, and trunk pan with only minor surface rust. The interior is in excellent shape with a headliner that looks brand-spankin' new and there isn't a single crack in the dashboard. Honestly, it's in much better shape than the '72 was when I got it. It's also a number's matching car as well, just like the '72. The guy who has it now also bought a bunch of new parts for it, including a new rear bumper and new grilles. I'm going to need a stone shield, however, but there's a guy in town that I can ask to buy one off of. The car also comes with a spare Turbo 400 automatic transmission and extra valvetrain assemblies, not that I'll need them. It's well worth $3500 for the car and the extra parts.

I'm also going to call about this car tomorrow, just to satisfy my curiosity. If they are not flexible at all on the price, then I know for sure what car I am going to buy: http://lexington.craigslist.org/ctd/1245645467.html

Well I now have another car in my possession. It only cost $2,200. Can you guess what it is?

Clues:

1.) It is not a Pontiac, Buick, or Olds.

2.) I did not post a link to it's Craigslist posting here.

3.) It is the second year they offered this particular performace trim on this car.

4.) It is a rear-drive V8 coupe.

5.) The cosmetic changes made to this car were made for aerodynamic reasons.

Well I now have another car in my possession. It only cost $2,200. Can you guess what it is?

Clues:

1.) It is not a Pontiac, Buick, or Olds.

2.) I did not post a link to it's Craigslist posting here.

3.) It is the second year they offered this particular performace trim on this car.

4.) It is a rear-drive V8 coupe.

5.) The cosmetic changes made to this car were made for aerodynamic reasons.

I want to guess '87 Monte Carlo Aerocoupe... but you posted a link to one of those. Unless you simply bought a DIFFERENT '87 Aerocoupe.

So, the only other car I can think of is a '75 Laguna S-3.