Server Move In Progress - Read More ×

Next car?

• Replies 109
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Four-hundred thousand miles is quite impressive.

That brings me to my next point about my Monte. According to the guy who had it before me, the odometer hasn't turned over. As of right now, it's showing 48,000 miles. He claimed that, in order to make the taxes less expensive, he had the tile show 148,000 miles. He also said the owner who bought it new off of the showroom floor eventually let it sit for eight years and I can see some evidence of that, such as pine needles in some of the panel gaps. His claim might hold water ...

Either way I know my Monte won't let me down.

That brings me to my next point about my Monte. According to the guy who had it before me, the odometer hasn't turned over. As of right now, it's showing 48,000 miles. He claimed that, in order to make the taxes less expensive, he had the tile show 148,000 miles. He also said the owner who bought it new off of the showroom floor eventually let it sit for eight years and I can see some evidence of that, such as pine needles in some of the panel gaps. His claim might hold water ...

Check the brake pedal. Yeah, the rubber brake pedal... for wear. Its a part people _HAVE_ to use (and wear), yet, nobody replaces it unless it falls completely apart (and even then they don't). If it has a lightly worn original looking pedal, you can add that to the evidence pile.

• 2 weeks later...
Camino got it. It's a white 1984 Monte Carlo SS with a blue interior and Strato bucket seats. It's a little rough but solid as a brick and mechanically sound.

Photos tomorrow after I get back home.

*grins*

CONGRATULATIONS, YJ!!!!!!

It'd be ironic if I knew any of the previous owners ;). lol

Cort | 35swm | "Mr Monte Carlo"."Mr Road Trip" | pig valve.pacemaker ...RT 66 = Sept 5-16, '09

WRMNshowcase.legos.HO.models.MCs.RTs.CHD = http://www.chevyasylum.com/cort

"When you're surrounded by friends, they say the fun never ends" ... Glen Campbell ... 'Country Boy'

Thank ya Cort. :)

It would be pretty cool if you did know the original owner. I'd really love to know the car's actual mileage. I've got pics of the Monte on here and on MonteCarloSS.com if you want to check 'er out.

*nods*

You're welcome! Saw the pics here ... haven't been to MCSS since you bought it, so when I get there later this week, I'll "hunt" for it ;). From the pics, can't say it looks particularly familiar ... but, then again, ya never know ... lol.

Cort | 35swm | "Mr Monte Carlo"."Mr Road Trip" | pig valve.pacemaker ...RT 66 = Sept 5-16, '09

WRMNshowcase.legos.HO.models.MCs.RTs.CHD = http://www.chevyasylum.com/cort

"Why didn't I know what I know now" ... Evan & Jaron ... 'Crazy For This Girl'

• 2 months later...