Sign in to follow this  
Followers 0
NewsFeeder

AutoBlog: REPORT: BMW M boss Segler says no M7 model is forthcoming

11 posts in this topic

Filed under: Sedans/Saloons, BMW

bmw_m_sport_7.jpg
BMW 7 Series M Sport - Click above for high-res image gallery

In an Automotive News interview given to coincide with the launches of the X5 M and X6 M, when asked about an M7 BMW's M division head Kay Segler replied, "We've looked at that and decided not to do it. The 760 with awd is a very strong offer. The M sales would be too small for our total investment." That means that the M Sport version (pictured) is the closest you'll get to a super 7. If you don't mind the lack of an "M" badge, the 507-hp Alpina B7 is an M in all but name.

For those of you at the other end, Segler says he needs a year to look into a M version of the 1-Series, but that an X1 won't be finding its way into the M house yet. Of course, there was a time when BMW said there would be no M versions of any of their so-called "Sports Activity Vehicles," saying they wouldn't fit the brand...

[source: Automotive News, - sub. req'd]

REPORT: BMW M boss Segler says no M7 model is forthcoming originally appeared on Autoblog on Mon, 13 Jul 2009 16:00:00 EST. Please see our terms for use of feeds.

Read | Permalink | Email this | Comments

di
di

autoblog?i=XFRSTkkUSy0:dTJpcQ_r4Qo:wF9xT autoblog?i=XFRSTkkUSy0:dTJpcQ_r4Qo:V_sGL
XFRSTkkUSy0

View the full article

Coming next: whitewalls, fake convertible tops and fender skirts. Yup, BMW is heading down a slippery slope, yes siree Bob.:)

My former boss has a B7 Alpina and it sounds fantastic.

But the 7 is so huge and bloated now that an M seems kind of wrong.

Maybe on the next gen...

They have the 760i that is sold in Europe but not here yet. They can bring that over and don't need an M version.

and there was much wailing and gnashing of teeth in an '02 Aurora somewhere in Pittsburgh

BMW said they would never use forced induction, they said there would never be an M "SAV", and that there would never be an M 7-series. Glad to see they kept at least one of their promises.

I've always wondered why they did have an M7..after all, MB has had an AMG S-class for a few generations, and Audi the S8. Something about a performance version of a full size luxury sedan is very appealing to me... (still dreaming of a Town Car GT500).

BMW said they would never use forced induction, they said there would never be an M "SAV", and that there would never be an M 7-series. Glad to see they kept at least one of their promises.

Too bad the wrong one.

But hey, we get the EM SIX! HOORAY!

WHAT?!?! better not have been my M7 /fades back into the crowd/

and there was much wailing and gnashing of teeth in an '02 Aurora somewhere in Pittsburgh

well theres always the porsche sedan anyway... after all it's faster than a v-caddy