Sign in to follow this  
Followers 0
NewsFeeder

AutoBlog: BREAKING: Rattner reportedly quitting post as head of Auto Task Force

6 posts in this topic

Filed under: Government/Legal, Hirings/Firings/Layoffs

auto-tak-force-rattner-far-right-580-get

Steve Rattner, the former Wall Street executive who was tapped by the Obama Administration run point for the Auto Task Force, is reportedly stepping down after five months on the job. According to a statement from Treasury Secretary Timothy Geithner, Rattner (above, far right) will now "transition back to private life and his family in New York City." He added, "I hope that he takes another opportunity to bring his unique skills to government service in the future."

With Chrysler and General Motors recent emergence from bankruptcy, now is probably as good a time as any to transition to new Task Force leadership. Taking over for Rattner will be Ron Bloom, a former advisor to the United Steel Workers union. Bloom's main focus will reportedly be to "[protect] the substantial investment the American taxpayers have made in GM, Chrysler and GMAC."

[source: The Detroit News | Image: Chip Somodevilla/Getty]

BREAKING: Rattner reportedly quitting post as head of Auto Task Force originally appeared on Autoblog on Mon, 13 Jul 2009 17:28:00 EST. Please see our terms for use of feeds.

Read | Permalink | Email this | Comments

di
di

autoblog?i=9eXXAXywvnU:JxkQYSUx7dI:wF9xT autoblog?i=9eXXAXywvnU:JxkQYSUx7dI:V_sGL
9eXXAXywvnU

View the full article

*crosses fingers* don't replace him with some greenie, don't replace him with some greenie...

I think Rattner got pretty fed up with Congress' meddling.

Hmmm..I thought the task force was run by some kid fresh of law school...must be thinking of someone else.

3013887065_1dfddc9ccd.jpg

Smithers! what are the requirements of running this task force...

Your content will need to be approved by a moderator

You are commenting as a guest. If you have an account, please sign in.
Reply to this topic...

×   You have pasted content with formatting.   Remove formatting

×   Your link has been automatically embedded.   Display as a link instead

×   Your previous content has been restored.   Clear editor

Sign in to follow this  
Followers 0