Sign in to follow this  
Followers 0
NINETY EIGHT REGENCY

Insider reveals more details on GM’s Chevrolet Caprice plan

46 posts in this topic

Pontiac may be dead in the water but some enthusiasts are clamoring for at least one of the brand’s cars to be rebadged and sold under another GM brand - the Australian-built Pontiac G8. Designed and constructed by GM's Holden subsidiary Down Under, the G8 has been a better than average seller thanks to its competitive pricing and sporty nature, but does the rear-wheel-drive sedan have a future at GM?

The rest here at link:

http://www.motorauthority.com/end-of-the-r...pontiac-g8.html

Another GM spokesman Tom Wilkinson explained that there are “real issues with CAFE and rear-wheel drive.”

Tell that to the engineers for the V6 Camaro, which has a better EPA rating than any front drive V6 GM sedan. For the 45,987,269th time, it's not drivetrain layout, it's mass that determines how efficient a vehicle is given identical engines. A 4000lb Epsilon is just as (in)efficient as a 4000lb Zeta, but at least with the Zeta you'll get a better performing, better looking vehicle.

The more I think about it, if they're going to redo the Commodore on the Camaro Zeta for the '11 model year with aluminum body panels, they're better off waiting a year so that Oshawa production is possible. I think there will be a lot of fleet demand for this car, more than Elizabeth is capable of making. There are lots of Crown Vics out there that need replacing. And if you factor in public demand, they're definitely going to need another plant to produce Caprices.

Tell that to the engineers for the V6 Camaro, which has a better EPA rating than any front drive V6 GM sedan.

Amen!

That old line of bull$h! needs to go away.

Amen!

That old line of bull$h! needs to go away.

Agreed.

Are the leaders at GM still this clueless?

Edited by FUTURE_OF_GM

Agreed.

Are the leaders at GM still this clueless?

May be the middle gunk - the pencil pushers, negative nannies, bean counters, which brought the downfall still exists.

Please note GM:

2010 Buick Lacrosse CXS:

FWD EPII

Powertrain: 3.6L DI V6 280 hp w./ 6-speed automatic

Curb Weight: 4065 lbs

EPA Est: 17/27

2009 Cadillac CTS 3.6DI:

RWD Sigma

Powertrain: 3.6L DI V6 306 hp w./ 6-speed automatic

Curb Weight: 3874 lbs

EPA: 18/26

2010 Chevrolet Camaro 2LT:

RWD Modified Zeta

Powertrain: 3.6L DI V6 306 hp w./ 6-speed automatic

Curb Weight: 3728

EPA: 17/29

2009 Chevrolet Malibu LTZ

FWD EPI

Powertrain: 3.6L DOHC V6 252 hp w./ 6-speed automatic

Curb Weight: 3649 (This is for 4-cyl)

EPA: 18/26

Research your own cars before making such a statement.

Sincerely,

A RWD Fan

yes, but if all the govt wants you to sell is four cylinders......

...they can still be put in a RWD vehicle.

And the gov't has said several times that it does NOT want to be bothered with running GM, and want to get out of the auto industry ASAP. This "Government Motors" crap needs to stop because it just isn't true.

...they can still be put in a RWD vehicle.

And the gov't has said several times that it does NOT want to be bothered with running GM, and want to get out of the auto industry ASAP. This "Government Motors" crap needs to stop because it just isn't true.

:word:

"New GM" my ass.

Like I said, when GM winds up burning y'all for the 1,000,000th time on a new Zeta car, don't let it surprise you. The apathy mounted against Zeta is quite overwhelming within GM, even still.

Edited by YellowJacket894

"New GM" my ass.

Like I said, when GM winds up burning y'all for the 1,000,000th time on a new Zeta car, don't let it surprise you. The apathy mounted against Zeta is quite overwhelming within GM, even still.

:word: As I tried to say ...

P.S I like your sig ...

Edited by PCS

To The New GM: why bring the great car guy, Bob Lutz, out of retirement if you are going to continue to undermine him? LET HIM DO HIS JOB!

To The New GM: why bring the great car guy, Bob Lutz, out of retirement if you are going to continue to undermine him? LET HIM DO HIS JOB!

Ummm, Press stunt ???

A "press stunt" does NOT win hearts, minds or wallets. HARDWARE does.

:word: As I tried to say ...

P.S I like your sig ...

Indeed you did, and still are in fact.

Lutz's love affair with trying to save the G8 appears to be nothing more than a mere drama so far, staged by GM to try to appeal to enthusiasts who have been turned away by the death of Pontiac. And when it doesn't come, you're going to hear Lutz saying something to the effect of "Well, we tried to revive the car but it couldn't happen because of factor x and factor y and factor z. Sorry about the disappointment, but we still have exciting products like the Camaro and product a here and product b over here."

Thank you. 8)

I was up for an hour and a half working on it last night, trying to find the right images from GM's old brochures to use.

Edited by YellowJacket894

Ummm, Press stunt ???

Wow, with salary and benefits packages...that's a really expensive press stunt!

Get real.

Wow, with salary and benefits packages...that's a really expensive press stunt!

Get real.

Not really, he never left the payroll as of yet, and mark my words, he will be gone at the appointed hour ...

Any press for GM is better than no press ...

Indeed you did, and still are in fact.

Lutz's love affair with trying to save the G8 appears to be nothing more than a mere drama so far, staged by GM to try to appeal to enthusiasts

Yep, the last group of people who give a $h! about the company and are willing to buy their products. Alienate them one more time, GM will have no one left to defend and by their products, and that will be the end of that.

Not really, he never left the payroll as of yet, and mark my words, he will be gone at the appointed hour ...

Not if they are worried about angering their customer base even more.

They will make this happen or pay a very large price for failing to do so.

Not if they are worried about angering their customer base even more.

They will make this happen or pay a very large price for failing to do so.

They don't care about price, it's the Taxpayer's money ...

They don't care about price, it's the Taxpayer's money ...

Yeah, and a portion of those taxpayers are the enthusiasts, who would help to tell non enthusiasts how good teh product is/will be etc. Kill the product, you kill the messenger and then GM has no one to buy 20 versions of EPII cars.

Didn't you make the same threats 2 or 3 times before, and what did they do then ??? Hmmmm ???

And haven't they already been paying the price?

It's a high one as I recall...

So they bring him back to make promises and create excitement about GM's cars in the future, only to have it planned to get rid of him before these cars make it out and kill the cars.

Sounds familiar...

Your content will need to be approved by a moderator

You are commenting as a guest. If you have an account, please sign in.
Reply to this topic...

×   You have pasted content with formatting.   Remove formatting

×   Your link has been automatically embedded.   Display as a link instead

×   Your previous content has been restored.   Clear editor

Sign in to follow this  
Followers 0