Sign in to follow this  
Followers 0
NewsFeeder

Motor Authority: Nissan unveils fuel-saving dual injector system

5 posts in this topic

nissan_dual_fuel_main630-0714-350x200.jp

Nissan today announced the development of a Dual Injector system designed to improve fuel efficiency in small-displacement petrol engines. The new fuel delivery system, the first of its kind in the world (for mass produced cars), uses an injector for each port rather than one per cylinder – speeding up fuel vaporization, reducing the amount of unburned fuel and reducing hydrocarbon emissions. While most current petrol engines utilize one injector per cylinder (sending fuel to two intake ports), the new Nissan Dual Injector system doubles the number of injectors per cylinder.

Read more

View the full article

the cost reduction is interesting...

4% sounds like nothing, but over the life of the vehicle, or even 1 year.. pretty good, isn't DI supposed to be 3%?

Is this savings over MPFI? Doesn't seem like it would be as effective as direct injection...

Is this savings over MPFI? Doesn't seem like it would be as effective as direct injection...

it's not for power... it's for efficiency and cheapness... and emissions?

it's not for power... it's for efficiency and cheapness... and emissions?

I never said it was for power. Direct injection is for efficiency and emissions (efficiency can be used for better mpgs, or for better mileage, or both depending on the tune), but may cost a bit more than this double injector setup... for now. That's the only thing I can think of that makes this advantageous, is if it's cheaper to make than direct injection. Not sure I can believe it to be much cheaper with twice as many injectors...