Sign in to follow this  
Followers 0
NINETY EIGHT REGENCY

GM beginning to backpedal on Lutz' G8-turning-Caprice comments?

15 posts in this topic

When General Motors' Bob Lutz talks, we listen. The reason, of course, is that he always gives us something good to write. Over the weekend, we told you about an interview Lutz had with Automobile Magazine where the Maximum One said that the G8 will live on as a Chevrolet Caprice. Lutz's comments looked like a sure thing to us, as it's hard to misinterpret these words.

The rest of the article is here:

http://www.autoblog.com/2009/07/14/gm-begi...price-comments/

When General Motors' Bob Lutz talks, we listen. The reason, of course, is that he always gives us something good to write. Over the weekend, we told you about an interview Lutz had with Automobile Magazine where the Maximum One said that the G8 will live on as a Chevrolet Caprice. Lutz's comments looked like a sure thing to us, as it's hard to misinterpret these words.

The rest of the article is here:

http://www.autoblog.com/2009/07/14/gm-begi...price-comments/

Bring it back and call it a Chevelle...a V6 and an SS V8 models

If they fail to do this, and not bring in the El Camino and the Wagon variants in with it, then OLD GM is still at the helm, and they can change the GM logo to brown now...nothing has changed but the balance sheet...management's heads are still up their A$$es!

Edited by toesuf94

This is nothing new as he never said it was approved.

The fact is the future is a lot bigger than 40K Zeta sedans. It would be nice and a good idea to do this but there is more in the future GM has to deal with than just this car.

This program will not make or break GM.

28 MPG is good for a V6 Camaro but in not too many years that will still not be enough. Hell Aston Martin is looking to rebody Toyota IQ's as a Aston. Things are going to be that tough.

If they don't, then they will fail due to lack of intellect.

If they don't, then they will fail due to lack of intellect.

I suspect GM will fail, they will liquidate within 2 to 3 years ...

There is still room at BMW for you, should you change your mind ...

I suspect GM will fail, they will liquidate within 2 to 3 years ...

There is still room at BMW for you, should you change your mind ...

BMW needs lots of work, they've lost their mojo.

Does BMW actually still make a rwd car that a person with less than a MENSA IQ can drive? The last review I read on the 750Li complained that the car was so complex it has it's own hard drive just for the owners manual...IF you can figure out how to access it. It is a shame, as the 7er was my favorite Bavarian luxo-barge. Power and handling to spare.

I hope GM brings the Caprice over, with the wagon and El Camino. I think with the volume of the CHEVROLET dealers behind it, they will sell well. I just hope the brain trust thinks the same way. the G8 sold slowly because Pontiac was dead/dying. The only enthusiast car they had besides the G8 was the very under-advertised Solstice.

Does BMW actually still make a rwd car that a person with less than a MENSA IQ can drive? The last review I read on the 750Li complained that the car was so complex it has it's own hard drive just for the owners manual...IF you can figure out how to access it. It is a shame, as the 7er was my favorite Bavarian luxo-barge. Power and handling to spare.

I hope GM brings the Caprice over, with the wagon and El Camino. I think with the volume of the CHEVROLET dealers behind it, they will sell well. I just hope the brain trust thinks the same way. the G8 sold slowly because Pontiac was dead/dying. The only enthusiast car they had besides the G8 was the very under-advertised Solstice.

Hence why older Beemers are better. I love simple RWD :)

A '94 3er coupe in black ... mmmmmmm ... :drool:

I'd buy one for my next ride if I could find one cheap enough.

A '94 3er coupe in black ... mmmmmmm ... :drool:

I'd buy one for my next ride if I could find one cheap enough.

:wavey:

IMG_2720.jpg

IDK how BMWs are equiped in the US, but here in Europe it is still possible to get a simple BMW, i.e. one without many gadgets.

IDK how BMWs are equiped in the US, but here in Europe it is still possible to get a simple BMW, i.e. one without many gadgets.

BMWs are positioned as a premium vehicle in the US market, so dealers try to load them down with as much electronic garbage as they can. I'm sure you can special order a 1er or a 3er without iDrive here in the States, but getting a 5er ... well, good luck. I don't even think you can delete iDrive on a 5er.

Your content will need to be approved by a moderator

You are commenting as a guest. If you have an account, please sign in.
Reply to this topic...

×   You have pasted content with formatting.   Remove formatting

×   Your link has been automatically embedded.   Display as a link instead

×   Your previous content has been restored.   Clear editor

Sign in to follow this  
Followers 0

• Who's Online (See full list)

There are no registered users currently online

• Who's Chatting

There are no users currently in the chat room