Sign in to follow this  
Followers 0
NINETY EIGHT REGENCY

The G8 to Live On as a Chevrolet Caprice, to Be Built in North America at Oshawa, Ontario

10 posts in this topic

I do not know how true this is or not...

Citing an informed and confidential source within GM's executive ranks, Automotive Traveler has confirmed that not only will Pontiac's highly regarded G8 sedan migrate to the Chevrolet brand, but it will be built in North America at GM's Oshawa, Ontario plant.

More at the link:

http://www.automotivetraveler.com/index.ph...&Itemid=194

It would be stupid if GM let such a great car go to waste, after years of watching Ford then Chrysler eat their full size, RWD lunch.

Hmmm...

There are some problems with this one.

While not impossible, this seems unlikley to me for two simple reasons:

- It does nothing for Holden

- It would delay the car until the refresh is ready

Two more:

-It would cost quite a bit more

-It could impact Camaro negatively.

This statement seals it for me:

However late this morning, Automotive Traveler learned through confidential sources at GM that the G8 (based on GM's Global Zeta platform, a lighter, more efficient version on the chassis that currently underpins the G8)

Lack of proofreading + lots of unnamed sources = idiot with a keyboard trying to stir up sh!t

Oh I would love for it to be true (you know i'm a fan of producing the Commodore at both Oshawa and Elizabeth), and it might even come to fruition. But the article comes off as a Vince Burlapp-ish mess that really offers nothing over and above what we know Lutz said.

Oh I would love for it to be true (you know i'm a fan of producing the Commodore at both Oshawa and Elizabeth), and it might even come to fruition. But the article comes off as a Vince Burlapp-ish mess that really offers nothing over and above what we know Lutz said.

Agreed.

But I see irony in the notion that Zeta end up being built at Oshawa after such a convoluted trip through hell.

Just a few years late.... again.

Your content will need to be approved by a moderator

You are commenting as a guest. If you have an account, please sign in.
Reply to this topic...

×   You have pasted content with formatting.   Remove formatting

×   Your link has been automatically embedded.   Display as a link instead

×   Your previous content has been restored.   Clear editor

Sign in to follow this  
Followers 0